Sole Survivor Perk NERF is brutal (RIP SoloQ)
This was one of the best SoloQ perk its sort of insurance if you get matched with newbies and the newbie(s) got tunneled out early you still had a chance to survive.
Even with a teammate dead it granted you a permanent defense against aura reading and you gained more defense as more survivor died.
However the most valuable part was that you gained 50% speed bonus for opening gates at endgame this enabled winning the gate duel at the end which would have been impossible otherwise.
So essentially this perk used for to avoid the absolutely horrible matchmaking auto losing or at least giving the chance.
Now the rework effect:
Win more! (Your teammates opening gates faster)
Aura reading immunity only for 60 seconds and only when all other survivor dead (massive nerf to aura defense)
And ability to open hatch potentially.. you could just brought a key. It doesn't even show hatch.
This perk is completely useless now and the message clear only play with pre-made especially with the new "matchmaking ".
I cannot state enough how utterly pointless and horrible this perk is
Comments
Poor matchmaking is an ongoing thing, but they apparently expect the more experienced players to carry the least experienced ones
Love how we arent allowed to try save one survivor. We are expected to give 4k every time.
I used this perk a lot in my early days to crawl my way out of the deepest depths of SoloQ hell (this was before I came to the conclusion that the MMR system does next to nothing, anyway). I haven't used it for a very long time now, but it finished with a 50% escape rate for me, so I can see why it's getting some changes.
But you are right, this perk will not be worth running after the nerfs unless you are playing with friends and you make the end game often. I don't know why we're reworking a perk that was mostly beneficial to SoloQ players to buff SWF instead, when SWF is the source of a lot of the balance issues in DBD. But then I don't understand a lot of the choices that BHVR are making at the moment.
I get that they want to encourage teamwork and move away from SoloQ players playing mostly for themselves, but I've said this before and I'll say it again, you don't need any perks in order to play selfishly. And until it feels more rewarding to play for the team, I don't see "selfish" players changing the way they play all that much.
I don't understand why they're adding hook requirements to perks right now. It's yet another perk that won't activate against Judgment. But aside from that, as a key user I do like the idea of leaving my key behind for a medkit and running this with a hatch offering. I somewhat disagree about the SWF part though. If I bring a key, my teammates can take it if I die and use it, but if I run this they have no way to open the hatch. A 10% speed increase on gates is pretty mediocre for a SWF or a solo.
The aura nerf is garbage though, and it should also be Elusive instead.
Sole Survivor used to be a perk that gained tokens for your teammates dying, so it definitely makes sense to move away from that. It also rewarded ratting, something BHVR now appears to be against.
But this rework isn't it. It used to be a trash rat perk. Now it'll just be a trash perk.
I wish they would have taken it in another direction entirely and made it a useful tool in the 2v1 scenario that generally sucks. Something like a +100% gen speed bonus to both survivors so they could actually get the gens done and have a chance of both of them getting out instead of the scenario we have now where both survivors often opt to rat. And perhaps another effect that comes into play if the killer slugs for the 4K.
really old dbd designed perk should’ve been changed a long time ago
I think this perk has been buffed, really fast opening gate and can be combined with Wake Up. Yes diminishing effects but still stacks.
And then they yoinked the best tool for it with the StB nerf.
As some people said, changing it to hook based requirements allows you to get some value out of it during a match rather than waiting for your teammates to die. I'm surprised they didn't do anything with left behind since it could probably use a little extra something during the match rather than it being one specific thing.
The perk was essentially just used by people who wanted to be a rat. An upcoming change was just a matter of time.