Game is survivior sided!

Comments

  • @vol4r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4114474#Comment_4114474

    I believe that's all time playtime.
    You might be in low MMR bracket, where will swing and miss a lot.

    Post your killer stats perhaps, if you don't mind.

    What will you say to those who can't go above 30% escape rate? That they should not be playing the game?

    About the perks… the thing is that not everyone wants to play meta perks and if you don't equip them, you will suffer a lot.

    Yeah not running meta perks on either side really hurts, I've been running Nemesis with only the perk Nemesis as of late and haven't had to sweat so hard while playing this game in ages. On the survivor side I've been only running meme builds simply because meta perks on survivor aren't fun to use. I'd rather use Mirrored Illusion + Technician so I can hide inside of my Illusion and be completely silent. The thing is, I don't think perks will get you very far I'll see people with 4 meta perks and still lose because they crutch off of their perks and don't learn the fundamentals.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    You must be on Super Weenie Hut Jr-MMR. According to the best players in the world (Forum Killer Mains who play on special Servers with only good players), the game is heavily survivor-sided. And always the most survivor-sided it has ever been.

    You are the og survivor main yknow that, i see your "us vs them" ######### for years now. Carry on then!

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4114424#Comment_4114424

    Yeah but in general survivors have WAY harsher restrictions and they still come out on top 90% of the time. It's one of the biggest reasons why they use hooks to score points because if they based it off the killer winning it would be "who got a faster 1-2k"

    Have you ever actually watched any of the matches? Or are you just making claims with no real experience?

    {E9149D70-839F-4B40-9728-72A537571FB1}.png

    This is the screen @crogers271 is referring to from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xgkCLrrjAQ

    43% of the time the match result is based on how many generators were completed before the team was 4k'd, if both killer players 4k the match is absolutely based on who 4k'd faster (based on gens completed). 2.88 kills per game is further indicative of a lot of 3k's. Then if you look at this specific grand final most matches end in a 4k. The notion that survivors come out on top "90%" of the time comes from a place of ignorance to the actual outcomes.

    Many of the banned perks are not even banned because of strength but because whichever league/tourney you are watching wants to push specific gameplay forward. Are you concerned about This is not happening and treacherous crows being banned? Or maybe human greed?

    When I look at the list of perk bans many of the perks I see constant complaints about (like DS, DH, WoO, Unbreakable) are not banned until you start getting down to lower tier killers. Hyperfocus and stake out are but so is almost every other gen speed perk other than deja vu and resi. Using nightlight perk usage (very imperfect) you have to get down to 15th used to get an outright banned perk (resurgence). Meanwhile five of the top ten most used killer perks are banned on all killers (lethal, NtH, BBQ, Nurses, DMS) and many perks I dislike going against (blood favor, dissolution, thrill…) are also on there. That is all before diving into perk and add-on bans on individual killers like blight not being allowed pain res and nearly all his add-ons being banned. Jason isn't allowed to use Deputy's Badge. Ghoul isn't allowed centipede or mask. This is balancing I personally would absolutely take as a survivor and be concerned about as a killer.

    Finally I'll just echo something crogers already pointed out, the biggest killer nerf is always ignored. Knowing which killer they are going up against and on which map gives a massive advantage to the survivor team. Despite that killers do just fine.

    @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4114424#Comment_4114424

    IIRC, there was also a no-holds-barred style tournament at one point, and it resulted in a surprisingly balanced outcome.

    I think Hen's is still the most recent and it saw tons of use of the "broken" Fast Track. Killers still did absolutely fine, I think the overall kill rate was still around 50% and a quick scroll through is showing a lot of 2k matches and killers getting plenty of hooks even when they don't get many kills.

  • I do same thing with Legion does mean it's survivor sided? Yes it is absolutely survivor sided. How many games are we seeing survivors give up and throw which means auto win for the killer?

  • @Angy_Quentin said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4114310#Comment_4114310

    You are the og survivor main yknow that, i see your "us vs them" ######### for years now. Carry on then!

    And since I am around for years I also know that every Killer who says in 2026 that the game is the most survivor-sided it has ever been, is just talking #########.

  • im a die hard killer main and tbh I think the game is in a pretty good spot. A lot of problematic things on both sides have been nerfed. I do still think there could be some number tweaks, but besides that im pretty happy rn

  • I'm a diehard survivor main and think the game is in a bad spot. The que times speak for themselves. To me BHVR has gone to far in nerfing survivors and their are now way too many A tier killer that are easy to use. Ghoul, Krasue, Dracula, Jason. The power creep makes for a miserable time. The only way to consistently have fun as a survivor is to join a four man group.

  • @cammoking123 said:

    I'm a diehard survivor main and think the game is in a bad spot. The que times speak for themselves. To me BHVR has gone to far in nerfing survivors and their are now way too many A tier killer that are easy to use. Ghoul, Krasue, Dracula, Jason. The power creep makes for a miserable time. The only way to consistently have fun as a survivor is to join a four man group.

    I would completely agree. The last year of Killers have all been A-Tier without any form of Doubt. And if we look before that, there are still Ghoul, Dracula and Vecna who are A-Tier Killers. So in the past 2+ years, 7 out of 9 Killers released have been A-Tier. And during that time, Survivors did not really get much or got nerfed outright. In the most recent patch Killers got a very strong Killer while Survivors got 3 bad Perks and a bunch of things nerfed and the only Buffs were basically throwing them a bone. Like, who cares about 1 second more on Adrenaline if you dont make it to Endgame in the first place?

    Especially the last 4 Killers (so Krasue, Henry, Jason, Judgment) have very spammy abilities. They have barely any Cooldown at all, even Jason basically has always a Spear ready despite only having one. And the last three Killers even all have a Mini-Mori, which allows them to make it easier to tunnel without even bringing a Memento Mori Offering (granted, Judgment would not need it, since she can tunnel very good already, but it certainly does not make her worse to have a Mini-Mori).

    On the topic of tunneling, I experienced a lot more tunneling since they removed 5 seconds of Endurance. Because you just make it less likely to a safe position. That you get 10 seconds of Elusice does basically nothing, I am always telling my SWF-Mate that I am really wondering why I just got tunneled, since I have Elusive and people call it the strongest Status effect in the game…


    But to be honest, Survivor players are at fault here. They get ######### over and over again by BHVR, good things are either scrapped or reverted and the things which are Buffs are basically only to calm them a bit. And Survivors still queue up, making Killer queuetimes somewhat bearable.

  • @RedCentipede said:

    I do same thing with Legion does mean it's survivor sided? Yes it is absolutely survivor sided. How many games are we seeing survivors give up and throw which means auto win for the killer?

    that's not a good thing, you're just pointing out another long unresolved problem in DBD which is that the survivor experience often sucks to the point of people just outright quitting over a lot of things… (not justifying quitting, I am just saying it happens in DBD more than anything)

    People are probably DCing against legion because the counterplay is abysmal and the builds people run on legion suck to deal with at all… it's just tedious.

  • Survivor escape rate highly depends on how selfish they play, if they play team or solo or if they risk their life for random players. I love running Duty Of Care but i never seen any random risk for their teammates and a lot of people do winstreaks on survivor while letting others die to escape through hatch if needed.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4114522#Comment_4114522

    I would completely agree. The last year of Killers have all been A-Tier without any form of Doubt. And if we look before that, there are still Ghoul, Dracula and Vecna who are A-Tier Killers. So in the past 2+ years, 7 out of 9 Killers released have been A-Tier. And during that time, Survivors did not really get much or got nerfed outright. In the most recent patch Killers got a very strong Killer while Survivors got 3 bad Perks and a bunch of things nerfed and the only Buffs were basically throwing them a bone. Like, who cares about 1 second more on Adrenaline if you dont make it to Endgame in the first place?

    Especially the last 4 Killers (so Krasue, Henry, Jason, Judgment) have very spammy abilities. They have barely any Cooldown at all, even Jason basically has always a Spear ready despite only having one. And the last three Killers even all have a Mini-Mori, which allows them to make it easier to tunnel without even bringing a Memento Mori Offering (granted, Judgment would not need it, since she can tunnel very good already, but it certainly does not make her worse to have a Mini-Mori).

    On the topic of tunneling, I experienced a lot more tunneling since they removed 5 seconds of Endurance. Because you just make it less likely to a safe position. That you get 10 seconds of Elusice does basically nothing, I am always telling my SWF-Mate that I am really wondering why I just got tunneled, since I have Elusive and people call it the strongest Status effect in the game…


    But to be honest, Survivor players are at fault here. They get ######### over and over again by BHVR, good things are either scrapped or reverted and the things which are Buffs are basically only to calm them a bit. And Survivors still queue up, making Killer queuetimes somewhat bearable.

    You're right that survivor content creators are not loud and vocal enough. People like Hens and Mish just tell people to "git good" which is no help.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    I was able to do that once too at one time..Keep going with the 4ks. That scoreboard will change and you will see a lot more variety in your ratios.

    what about killers like me who never seen a massive change in their win rate and have over 9k hours in the game? Before the great mmr reset i barely lost and after the great mmr reset i’ve only lost a handful of games in which i was playing for adepts on killers i never really touched.

  • If you get matched with people of your level every game then yes, it may be survivor sided in mid mmr too. But fact that many people bring newer players and those always magnet the killers attention they mostly end up being the reason you lost. One bad survivor and game over.

  • @Elan said:

    If you get matched with people of your level every game then yes, it may be survivor sided in mid mmr too. But fact that many people bring newer players and those always magnet the killers attention they mostly end up being the reason you lost. One bad survivor and game over.

    But fact that many people bring newer players and those always magnet the killers attention they mostly end up being the reason you lost. One bad survivor and game over.

    This is true, but its much bigger than just one new player. Survivors are only as strong as their weakest link and, even if there was a great matchmaker, it's very likely there will be a weak link. Not just will one survivor inevitably be the 'weakest' of the group, but factor in things like every survivor having killers they are better or worse against or that someone might just be having a bad game and playing well below their level.

    And that's the game. Survivors are only as strong as their weakest link, but for the purpose of talking about which sided the game is, the chance of four survivors being equally strong (again, even if there was a perfect matchmaker) is extremely low, so we shouldn't base game discussions around that extreme outlier.

  • Yeah I don't know how it's survivor sided when only survivors get nerfed. Basekit BT apparently was too long before so killers could not tunnel easily off the hook. But Im actually surpriced how popular the game stays as soloQ is almost unplayable. They need to stop balancing the game around killer main players who need to win every game.

  • I'm the one of the King of the downvotes so lets get into to the train….

    Showing some killer matches in a very convoluted MMR after reset doesn't mean this game is killer sided. Its not as bad as it was in 2020 but still a good group of survivors have an advantage against most of the good killers, specially lower tiers.

    @Thirteen said:

    It is.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9DLRG8L4NBGG/image.png

    If you cannot attain a >60% escape rate in todays DBD w broken perks like Resurgence, Deli, STB on top of exhaustion + pallet density you are just bad at this video game, no ifs or buts.

    One good thing about the current survivor meta is the diversity of good perks survivors have. You can go for Resurgence, DH, DS for an anti-tunnel build; Hyperfocus + StakeOut + Deja Vu for genrush; Lithe + Finesse for vault builds, etc etc.

  • @Go1d3enratio said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4114347#Comment_4114347

    Um, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's exactly how it works. It's worked the same way for 1000s of years. 10K hours has always been the gold standard for mastery in any endeavor.

    Okay and you can do somthing wrong for 10k hours so they are goof at doing the wrong thing. Its just like how not all old people are smart or wise and shouldnt just be belived because they have lived a long time.

  • Cool you got a kill streak when the mmr reset and your playing bad survivors.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4114508#Comment_4114508

    And since I am around for years I also know that every Killer who says in 2026 that the game is the most survivor-sided it has ever been, is just talking #########.

    I mean thats true, playing the game since 2016 too with some breaks inbetween

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    doc is OP and needs nerfs...shocking

    I see what you did there…[insert Doctor giggles]

1 2 ›