Would you ever look into running to get your Exhaustion Back?

I know this would seem very overpowered but that only depends on how you design it. Maybe it could be a basekit Exhaustion feature, an affect of Vigil or maybe even a future Boon perk.

Obviously getting exhaustion back while running at the same speed of walking would be very strong so it would probably get back twice as slow. Or taking even longer while in chase.

What do you guys think? Would it be possible or just way too strong?

Tagged: PerksSurvivors

Comments

  • They already tried this before making the exhausted status effect by recovering the cooldown 50% slower while sprinting. It was still very overpowered and would still be despite not being able to stack exhaustion perks.

  • this would completely remove any downside or limitation on exhaustion perks, so much so that it would need to almost kill you instantly since the begining and turn you into a target… basically it would only be fair if it was an effect of no mither

  • It more should be its own perk/condition, like Finesse. But if exhaustion could be recovered by running, that would be a bad idea, and takes out way too much of gameplay revolved around managing exhaustion mechanics.

    Now I'd actually have exhaustion recover at like 1% while running because I think 99ing an exhaustion perk is more cheesy than skill, but that's a separate topic.

  • Exhaustion should be Survivor-imposed and work as it does today, and a new similar status effect imposed by Killers could be Fatigued. The difference is that Fatigued can be recovered by running and only The Killer can inflict it. I hate Killer inflicted Exhaustion when running IW, and everytime I run that, that's what I get.

  • id probably be against it. it feels intuitive to stop and catch your breath

  • We know the outcome because this was the way it was before. There are reasons behind why not only Exhaustion existing but why it is the way it is now.

  • Ok so what if a Boon gave this affect? It could even go down 3x as slow so 180 seconds if you are running. I'm just looking for new Boon Ideas. I think it would be cool but it would be very strong if not balanced well.

  • Honestly, it you would bring back Exhaustion recovery while running, it would probably be so slow that a Killer who manages to see the Surivor get their Exhaustion Perk back during the chase has way bigger problems. I dont think it is worth any time thinking about it, because it would either be too good or would not matter at all.

  • This is one of the things that genuinely did make Dead By Daylight survivor sided in the first years. Exhaustion cooldown definitely shouldn't decrease while running again

  • I could see a boon doing it not so problematic, honestly.

  • it was busted back in the day and it would be stronger now