I think Lights Out is heading in a nice direction for the mode to be enjoyed by casual players
Contrary to the negative people on here, I've been having a wonderful time with lights out, the lanterns really let casual players loop in chase better, while playing without a lantern can make it more scarier but easier to stealth.
I really hope we get this mode every once in a while for variety <3 Not every mode has to be for everyone, I've been having a lot of fun playing killers I don't normally get to like Ghostface as a more casual player, Unknown is also terrifying in the mode!
Thanks for bringing it back <3 this is why we have normal queue so we can make modes that are more niche
Comments
The queue times are significantly faster in my experience so I'm assuming the changes are working.
Most people seem to be forgoing the lanterns now anyway. I guess they figure the trade off (auras in exchange for being easier to see) isn't worth it afterall. People complain too prematurely, as always.
the mode is way to survivor sided as every damn mode in this game. 4 perks for survivors directly equipped to them by the mode in a mode without perks is insane
and the killer has permanent undetectable that even hides lullabies and franklins for found items and survivors are also blind to all interactions they are doing (healing and recovering mainly), something a killer doesn't really need to see.
Both have their upsides and downsides.
I love lights out. Easily my favorite among 2v8 and chaos shuffle, which I absolutely despise. Lights out restores the proper horror aesthetic to dbd and gets rid of the annoying overinflated slog of power crept perks and addons. If any modifier would become permanent, I wish it were this one. It wouldn't even affect the queues because it doesn't draw in casuals or the sweats. Just a niche fun version of dbd.
I love that about it too! I really hope it does come back from time to time.
The mode could be fun, but their vision of building upon the 2nd iteration, which was worse than the 1st one doesn't inspire confidence for this mode's future.
killers do not have undetectable its survivors have oblivious and elusive sense they leave no scratch marks but still see red stains which is alot of infromation when looping the killer doesnt get with no scratch marks.
Please do NOT make this killer significantly easier to play, I am tired of brain dead killers and want something difficult to play with actual depth. I literally haven't played a new killer for more than a week since Houndmaster.
This killer is very unique and requires the survivors and killer to play differently, which is NOT a bad thing!!! Sure the killer won't be super popular with the casual audience, but that's why Prayer Kneeler and the add-ons that reverse the direction of the beam exist (I forget the name)
Speaking of add-ons then killer literally has the most interesting and fun game changing add-ons we have seen in years that completely shake up Judgements playstyle.
I have also heard from multiple controller players on the PTB and due to the new changes its actually not super difficult to use the power, its more so that they are just straight up missing. So as a console player I cannot wait to try the Judgement out.
I genuinely love this killer and cannot wait to p100 her, please do not give her The Krasue Treatmentâ„¢
I mean technically it's neither coz the status doesnt show up, if you want to get all AKTUALLY lol
Hiding lullabies on the Accessibility is crazy good