Why does draculas wolf form get haste orbs?
what reason does wolf form need to get haste as a bonus passive? he already has a double demo lunge.
it would make much more sense (both balance and thematically) if the scent orbs highlighted blood pools instead. haste is completely unnecessary. thoughts?
Comments
It's not too strong and has already been nerfed
His wolf form already highlights blood? Which is a borderline useless ability
His Wolf form should be 4,4 and the Haste Orbs should grant it 4,6. He should not be 4,8 with the Haste orbs.
Oh dear…looks like some folks forgot how to turn left and right…
If you do get faster with scent orbs i've never really noticed it. Survivors make it to pallets and windows just fine even if you are huffing orbs the whole chase.
This was actually how it worked in the PTB, and pretty much everyone agreed it felt awful to play. The dash attack doesn't have any kind of slide attached, so you really need to be able to position it properly to use it well on a lot of common loops, and you can't really do that with a 4.4 killer who occasionally moves normal speed for 2 seconds.
On the one side we have PTB Feedback of a few hours and on the other side we have Live Feedback over almost 2 years. What is more valuable?
I think the PTB-Feedback regarding Wolf Form can easily be discarded.
Maybe if your goal is to make a third of Dracula's power practically non-functional. Its a terrible way to nerf the ability, you need to move at normal speed for the dash to be positioned effectively in a HUGE amount of loops, and to make it worth being in during chase to benefit from the scent orbs in the first place. 4.4 wolf would just result in Dracula players not using the form for the majority of the match.
Non-functional, lol. A bit overdramatic, isnt it?
You also completely forget that Dracula got some sizeable buffs since the PTB. This is honestly the Spirit-Discussion all over again when her phasing became directional. "On the PTB it was and it was bad!"… Yeah, guess what, this is some time ago.
Same applies for Dracula. He can be considered a Top 5 Killer, nerfing Wolf Form would certainly not kill the Killer. We are talking about a Killer who powercreeps a lot of other Killers and has some Killer Powers as a PART of his own power.
There are differences between good and bad nerfs, a character being strong on its own doesn't make any given idea that nerfs them a good one. There are plenty of good, reasonable ideas to nerf the character - no haste on orbs, take away the pallet break from wolf dash (and, as an aside, sliiiiiide that one right on over to pig pretty please), anticamp on hellfire - that wouldn't damage the basic functionality of their kit. Taking a crowbar to the back of wolf's legs isn't one of them.
I mean, I dont care if he does not get Haste from the Orbs or is 4,4 and gets Haste from them to be 4,6. But he should not be 4,8 at all. IMO Wolf Form and Dracula as a whole is strong enough to justify Wolf Form being 4,4 with increase to 4,6 via the Orbs.
My point was only that it is not a good argument to come up with PTB-Feedback which is ancient at this point and came from the experience people had after a few hours with Dracula when we have Data and Feedback of 2 years from Dracula.
Bro, I swear, whenever I get excited about a killer I haven't played much before, the very next time I open the forums, I see people whining about that exact killer. Dracula is in a good spot don't touch him...
Dracula wolf form needs them as the wolf form doesnt get bloodlust, it also can't work with any of the event modes as wolf form can't use event powers or the like either.
If the wolf form got nerfed it'd literally be good for nothing now diminishing returns exists.
I play 50/50, and on both sides I think 4.4 should be relegated to only ranged killers. Just like head form Krause who is basekit 4.8, wolf form counts as a killer power and thus will never get bloodlust.
Yeah can the pounce have some proper bullshit at times? Absolutely, but it’s basically like a less flashy version of Wesker and Wesker is a darling of many player’s hearts. That being said, if a good Wesker or Wolf form Drac, forces you into certain positions, and they execute their power with competence there is actually nothing you can do. And that’s okay. Chases are meant to end eventually. Some maps suck for either side.
You just have to realize what areas you just don’t run into against certain killers. Sometimes you force them to m1 so you can take your distance to a spot where you know it’ll waste 30-seconds of time before you go down.
I feel your frustration I really do. But this game does have a steep and niche learning curve, but when it specifically comes to Wolf form Drac, his basekit movement speed and the effects of his scent orbs, I believe it’s really well balanced and allows that form to be used well against survivors who aren’t in their learning phase anymore.
I hope the idea of playing against Wolfie like you would a Wesker can give you some fresh ideas in chase, but 4.4 is miserable and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone whose whole power isn’t ranged.
They should fix the animation cancel bug/exploit first.
it's probably because he can't backpedal at all. He must keep moving forward so I guess the haste makes up for that.
This, and maybe a slightly larger cooldown on shape-shifting, is what he really needs. I'm baffled how we have some characters with good, functional anti-camp like Henry, then we have Draculas who run back to the hook and hold their Hellfire until the person's feet touch the floor.
The haste orbs are fine though
Personally, Dracula is already top 5 killers in the game and I think that warrants a nerf, even if slightly. Out of the top 5 killers, I have the least problem with Dracula, and have suggested getting rid of haste from scent orbs every time. It's a slight nerf, but I still think it would make a difference. It would also encourage some of the Drac players that just use wolf form to actually use vampire form. I don't think he needs to be 4.4 with scent orbs making him 4.6 though, I remember people thought that felt pretty bad, and I also think getting haste for a few seconds, then not, then getting haste for a few seconds is just clunky and it also makes it difficult for survivors to gauge distance.
I will gladly give up haste from orbs just so his wolf form can moon walk at full speed like chucky so mind games can be done easily.
He would be way better then chucky due to this he could just play around rock like good dog and outplay even best players easily with it.
Wolf form was probably best when dash could slide and hug loops but they get rid of it fast.
He gets speed but now the progress to reach the dash is slower than before plus wolf form cant mind game with moon walk he must go straight almost every time just imagine wolf to moon walk by full 4,6 speed he would be god even without haste.
This, people forget he moves like 50% speed when moon walking and is predictiable on loops because his mind games are more soft.
If he could moon walk and backpedal with full 4,6 speed then even without the haste chucky would be literally good guy compare to him as wolf.
Because the lunge attack has a massive cooldown and the wolf form without the orbs is an extremely slow wolf. Its Draculas main gap closer. Dracula has 3 forms, main which has a ranged attack at limited distance, a wolf form which is in melee distance, and bat form a fast paced undetectable form but cannot see survivors or their scratch marks. Let alone i think Dracula has a slower speed than most killers so the haste just gives him a small bit extra but still not insanely fast especially when the scent orbs just provide a bit more speed than doctor. Also each transformation time has a cool down between the transformation and the actions.
as someone that uses Dracula a lot especially with a stealth build i mainly use wolf to jumpscare people. Its always hilarious using wolf and yanking someone off a gen, especially a streamer which I have made them scream in fear. Also the wolf lunge takes a lot of practice to actually use properly and unlike blight it has a long recovery afterwards making it easier for survivors to get away if they just leave the loop.
I think the only killer that is slower than drac is the nurse.
edit: my bad has the same speed as Doctor but it is his gap closer especially in melee form.
I'm surprised to see all the justifications for Drac having Weskers entire power + free tracking + haste + third person fov. On top of 2 other abilities and normal movement speed. Well...not that surprised.
Oh and if you want to counter the wolf form just use pallets or ledges and book it away, don't loop it.
Or you can attempt to boop the wolf, might not work might work its a gamble on that one.
It's because wolf form can't get bloodlust, can't moonwalk and the pounce can't curve at all, and the form does nothing in loops.
Also wild we're gonna act like wolf form is the issue when it's been clear for a while now bat form is why Dracula is as strong as he is.