Do You Have Fun?
Or do you say hoping fun will come, or return?
Or do you say hoping fun will come, or return?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Sometimes the game is fun, sometimes it's not
As killer, most of the time, yes. As survivor, it depends on my solo queue teammates. Since the matchmaking system is nonfunctional, I will get matched with highly skilled, experienced teammates one match and then literal brand new players the next. I have fun in solo queue even if I don’t escape as long as I have competent teammates who give us a chance. It’s very frustrating that BHVR have refused to fix the matchmaking system for so long. It’s a far bigger problem than any supposed killer vs survivor balance issues.
I do have fun, yes. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that if anyone wouldn't agree they at least have fun a good amount of the time, that person should take a break.
It's what I do, I just don't play the game for a couple weeks if I start feeling frustrated, and it lets me come back refreshed so I can enjoy the game again. The longer you play a game without breaks, the more the good parts of it fade into the background and the bad parts start seeming larger than life by comparison.
Were fun is concerned I feel like i'm at the mercy of my team mates if they chose to throw, dc, do nothing all game then generally little to no fun.
If i knew how to make memes i'd make one of the kid saying "you guys are getting paid?" And switch it to "you guys are having fun?"
Jokes aside it mostly depends on what you prefer to play against and rolling the dice as to weather or not you get it. Like rolling a 1 will get you stuff like Legion or bully squads, rolling a 20 will get you a killer you enjoy or a team thats not so great at generator efficiency and makes mistakes.
I'm loving Chaos Shuffle at the moment and having a ton of fun with it (for the most part, anyway. I don't love having no way to deal with beamers on the Killer side). Even when the games go badly I can still mess around trying to get value out of whatever perks the Entity's given me, no matter how useless they might be.
Playing the mode again has rekindled my love for this game. I'm just sad that we only get one week of it, followed up by a week of the worst modifier BHVR have ever created and then 2V8, which has lost most of its appeal for me and comes back way too often to still feel fresh.
So I'm getting my fill of Chaos while I can and then it will be back to being an occasional / events player again. The game needs a shake up, imo. Who knows, maybe we'll get that in the upcoming perk update patch.
Genuinely the game is fun sometimes. Every now and then, you get a match where everyone in the lobby outdo themselves, and it's really fun to experience; regardless of the outcome.
Generally speaking yes i have fun. Occasionally a horrible match here or there (and i don't mean horrible as in losing…) but throwing those out my head makes everything fine.
Not often, no. Killer I get unreasonably angry; survivor I really only have fun when on comms, and even that is often still miserable if the matches are consistently terrible. Last time I really enjoyed myself was when Henry came out and I was having a lot of fun just landing vine hits even though I wasn't doing well. 900 Henry matches later and I'm doing better results-wise but the fun is gone.
Yes I have fun everytime I play otherwise I would not play. Of course something can annoy me and get me even minorly angry but in the end I would not play this game if I would not have fun.
It's funny, I was just streaming a bit the other day when I said....ya know… I just think I'm bored with this game. I miss the old killers. Back to back to back duck walking for a minute while Jason looks for someone then 30 second or so on a gen to back to duck walking to ghoul to Jason to ghoul. All the while I find a fun build that is enjoyable and to use and has some success only to have it nerfed. I was getting bored sprint burst, vigil but it worked! Now it's nerfed. So no... In struggling to find joy in the game. I've completed all times, completed all the steam challenges, one P100. I'm honestly struggling to find joy.
I'm in the same boat. This game is boring now. We've had nothing really new in a while and I'm just playing to get rifts done. They really need to make a change to the BASE gameplay loop. Until that changes I feel this game will eventually die due to people being bored with nothing really to do.
Right now, at this very moment DBD is the worst multiplayer game out right now. For a live service game updates do not come out fast enough, they come out buggy, BHVR has often promised us things only to leave us disappointed, the content often just feels recycled we have freaking reskins in ten dollar passes, the gameplay has gotten stale because we have been stuck in this overdone meta for what feels like forever. This game seriously needs competition soon.
So to answer your question, no i do not have fun. Not anymore at least.
I have fun with the game, there are some things that annoy me sure, but overall it's fun.
To give examples:
Palettes sometimes feel like they stun you over 2-3 meters before. I know that it's most likely ping with the fact that bhvr cheats (they just move the camera in the back of your skull as far as I know, so your character is further ahead than you think) with their pov, but it's still annoying af.
Pinheads chainspawning is bugging so often into the ground at palettes, it's increadible. Sure with playing him more I get used to it, but honestly why do I even have to get used to my chain randomly deciding that it wants to spawn outside of this plain of existance?!
As soon as i started spamming billy in Chaos Shuffle i had tons of fun. Tried to play lil bit of artist before, was pain.
TRUE, the best 10th anniversary chapter they couldve given us was selling this game to another more competent company, because behaviour unfortunately cannot handle what this game has become and it shows. 1v1 mode they are gonna add is cool tho, let's just hope it isnt extremely buggy and poorly made