Toolbox repair/sabotage should be split into 2 items
Currently toolboxes are dual use for sabotage and repair. it would fix a few issues if each action was distinctively split into 2 items.
proposal:
•remove toolboxes ability to sabotage
•add a new item “hacksaw”
•rework toolbox addons to have 1 per rarity
•move sabotage related addons over to new item (protective gloves, cutting wire, grip wrench ect)
New item:
—Rusty Hacksaw (common):
- starts with 4 charges
- sabotaging a hook consumes 1 charge (no longer duration based)
—Hacksaw (uncommon):
- starts with 4 charges
- increases sabotage speed by 25%
—bloody hacksaw (rare):
- •starts with 5 charges
- increases sabotage speed by 50%
—Alex’s hacksaw (renamed alexs toolbox)
- starts with 6 charges
- increases sabotage speed by 50%
- sabotaging is silent and does not notify killer
Comments
As a P100 Pig I would much rather have survivors have the option to use their generator rush toolbox to save their friend as that means less charges they can put on the generator. If they bring a full sabotage toolbox, well then I know they aren't using it on generators and if they are, well that's a bonus too because it's so inefficient and they aren't using it to sabotage then.
Disagree. I think toolboxes are fine
I like the idea, I still have some issues.
-If the toolbox repair speeds aren't toned down, the hacksaws aren't gonna see much use.
-I would just leave the 2 best hacksaw items and scrap the rest. If someone is gonna go for a sabo build, they will use the best ones. Also survivor bloodweb is already filled with too many garbage offerings and add-ons.
-I assume that hacksaws have charges like Fog Vials. Wouldn't it kill synergy with Built to last, a perk common in these types of builds and how would that work for hooks? Do you still waste a charge even if you got interrupted while sabotaging?
Toolboxes are actually in a great place rn now that streetwise is gone (I miss streetwise for my other items).
I really dislike new streetwise lol
I definitely agree, I think it'd help with bloodweb clutter by allowing toolboxes (and now hacksaws) to have standardised addon amounts without losing more proportional functionality from the addon list.
I still wish it was slightly more than one per rarity, but that's a topic for a different discussion, as is the need for repair toolboxes to be reworked as well.
Though, I'm curious- you also suggest moving hacksaws to the newer charge system, which I'm not against but it raises the question of what happens when the sabotage is interrupted. Do you waste a charge, meaning you only have four chances, or do you not consume the charge until the action completes so you have unlimited chances but only four successes?
I could see it going either way, myself.
I wanna agree with this but Survivors have so much useless junk in our bloodweb already. We just have to much bloat from keys and for vials no one uses and if it gets buffed killer cries.
I actually don't think the idea is terrible. Currently the best toolbox for sabotage or generators is the Commodious, leaving the green toolbox or mechanics toolbox both kinda pointless. Reworking toolboxes by removing the sabotage function from the Commodious, making the mechanics toolbox have a better sabotage speed, and making the sabo-speed addons unlock sabotaging for toolboxes that don't have it by default would be better.
Mm. Not sure if we want to add to bloodweb clutter by splitting toolboxes into 2 separate items. Plus since killers can see items in the pregame lobby seeing a bunch of hacksaws will telegraph the survivors playstyle and allow killers to use counter builds. It's bad enough with flashlights and lightborn atm.
I'd rather them just change the way the sabo toolboxes look visually so they can be identified in lobby. My biggest issue when I see a lobby with 4 toolboxes is I don't know if I'll have an engaging match of aggressive plays or a quick match of fast gens and prerunning.