Facing Good Killers
You know when the Player is good and sometimes it doesn't even matter if they are a Low tier Killer. The Pressure is constant. They hook one person and by the time that person is unhooked and healing the next person is downed and the whole match basically procceds this way. With so much aura reveal, there is really no way to break the cycle. Aura reveal + Map Traversal and they are no slouch in chase.
What do you guys try to do in these situations where the team is just getting shredded one down after another? Take the L, Hide and play for hatch? You are not doing 5 gens, I'll tell you that.
Comments
If the killer is way better than myself and my team holistically, there's nothing you can do but take the L and try to learn something.
A hatch escape won't mean much to me, so I usually just play aggressive and see what I can pull off.
Yh once the game is obviously going to be a loss I tend to either just juice as many bp as I can and then play for hatch. Or I might throw myself on the killer's mercy and see if they'll let me go or farm. I usually play as a swf so we usually coordinate who will grab killer's attention so the one can hide for hatch.
As Killer when I outskill a survivor team to this degree I'll often let at least 1 or 2 of them go or at least take my pressure down a gear and spread my hooks one at a time. I'll usually spare the ones go who are obviously newer and struggle with chase, and if players are actively toxic or try to sandbag their teammates then they get to go and say hi to the entity.
If Im running a Gen build I almost always have Self Preservation to counter BBQ.
Bully tactics like Flashlights and Sabotage can sometimes help but remind you, the player is good and you may turn that one down into two real quick.
The games got enough crap going on for me to care about wins or losses. Either way i'm just gonna end the match angry about something. I really gotta take a break from the game soon.
I'm always happy to face a challenge and get better. maybe I'll learn something. I can take a punch. Just don't torture me and prolong my misery, because if you leave me for the ego slug you'll never find me again.
if you can improve or learn in a match, then you can never lose
It's always the maps @Xray and the god-awful RNG
I can only go against people better than me on lerys or rpd otherwise its wraps
RPD rarely goes well for me after they split it.
I'm just barely good enough that I can do this on Huntress. I can tell I'm going to win out when I can consistently get a hook by the time they are unhooking. Hook A. Go find B, down B, hook B. Return to hook A, Nurses calling will show me the reset. Repeat.
It's how I gauge if the match is going well for me or not. If I can't hook one by the time they unhook another, either they are terrible or I am.
It is a good gauge. I know when we are getting rolled on.
One of the top changes I want BHVR to make is to base survivor MMR on several performance factors in a match and not just escapes. It’s colossally stupid that it has been “escapes is the sole measure of skill” for years now. There is nothing more frustrating than running the killer for several gens and then being the only one who doesn’t escape because the killer happened to hook you last at the end of the match. This has happened to me several times recently. Those matches would flip from extremely frustrating to extremely rewarding if MMR benefited from factors other than escaping. BHVR apparently don’t see this as a problem or a priority to fix.
I guess it doesn’t matter because the matchmaking system doesn’t work anyway. No matter what your MMR is, you’ll get matched with brand new teammates regularly.
If ou getting riolled by weaker low tier killer on 5 gens well then its just your team tbh or you got top 0,01% player which can happen but highter chances are that your team just suck and there isnt much you can do (like in all games if your opponent is way better you will get destroyed its been always like this) but same can happen other way around so nothing new here.
I had a match like this as killer last night. Ended up as a 4k at 5 gens but went on for 15 minutes. I could see everyone give up on gens because I had so much momentum (and on Forgotten Ruins, no less) so they started going for engaging chases. flashlight/pallet saves, and pick ups. It was actually pretty fun. Some people do this, just try to engage and practice against that particular killer, and others shut down and hide or farm unhooks.
Personally I start thinking about hatch. Not neccessarily for me but for someone on the team. We usually get someone out with a hatch offering. It's nice to get one out when the match is such an immediate wash.
I sometimes see this happen the other way around. Got to endgame and saw this poor Doctor with one Green perk and immediately felt bad : (
He did get 1 Kill though, I told him "not bad" considering.
About the same deal as when playing a killer and you realise you are against a seal team 6 swat team that will barely allow you to get 1 hook let alone defend generators. Just get as many points as u can and look forword to the next round.
You take the L. High tier killers like billy, blight or nurse will simply shred through your team if you aren't all halfway decent.
With low tier killers you have at least the option to split up far.