If there is one thing on top of my list of updates or dev comments that thing is the mmr update.

Title really. We got it announced firstly at February 2025 (shown on the QoL initiative) and the best update we got was from that one ign interview.

There is of course the game rewrite, official mod support and many of the last AMA things, but an mmr update is probably the thing that would help the game a lot (if not the most) and an update for it would be great.

Comments

  • @boneleesdip said:

    Title really. We got it announced firstly at February 2025 (shown on the QoL initiative) and the best update we got was from that one ign interview.

    There is of course the game rewrite, official mod support and many of the last AMA things, but an mmr update is probably the thing that would help the game a lot (if not the most) and an update for it would be great.

    That's a really good point.

    It was announced so long ago, where is it?

  • I full update and overhaul to the MMR system is badly needed, and some sort of ranking needs to be implemented for event queues as well. Right now events are just open queue with no ranking taken into account, last I heard/read.

    It creates a lot of very bad situations for everyone.

  • Don't have more information on the MMR update to share right now, but can certainly say we will have more information in the coming months (probably sooner than months).

  • @Mandy said:

    Don't have more information on the MMR update to share right now, but can certainly say we will have more information in the coming months (probably sooner than months).

    Awesome!

    Thank you for the response!!! :)

  • @Mandy said:

    Don't have more information on the MMR update to share right now, but can certainly say we will have more information in the coming months (probably sooner than months).

    I guess that confirms there is no midchapter (and subsequently no balance changes) until the Fall?

  • @Mandy said:

    Don't have more information on the MMR update to share right now, but can certainly say we will have more information in the coming months (probably sooner than months).

    Sooner than months makes me hopeful considering the upcoming dev stream.

  • It’s seriously depressing that this wasn’t addressed years ago as it’s by far the biggest problem in the game in terms of player experience. I really would like to know what other things BHVR feels they need to prioritize over fixing MMR/matchmaking, other than new content which they will always prioritize because of $. I can’t think of anything that comes close to making the game miserable as the non-functional matchmaking and skill measurement systems. Just yesterday, I queued up for dozens of solo queue lobbies and had to leave at least half of them because they had brand new players with less than 100 hours, several with less than 30 hours. I’ve been playing this game for years, multiple thousands of hours, have no problem escaping with competent teammates. This kind of thing does not happen if there is a functional matchmaking system.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    It’s seriously depressing that this wasn’t addressed years ago as it’s by far the biggest problem in the game in terms of player experience. I really would like to know what other things BHVR feels they need to prioritize over fixing MMR/matchmaking, other than new content which they will always prioritize because of $. I can’t think of anything that comes close to making the game miserable as the non-functional matchmaking and skill measurement systems. Just yesterday, I queued up for dozens of solo queue lobbies and had to leave at least half of them because they had brand new players with less than 100 hours. I’ve been playing this game for years, multiple thousands of hours, have no problem escaping with competent teammates. This kind of thing of does not happen if there is a functional matchmaking system.

    The difference and range of skill in the event queue is MASSIVE. I legit watched survivors just run back and forth across the map not being chased in multiple trials yesterday, completely griefing their teammates by doing nothing the whole game.

  • @Wyndsor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4099079#Comment_4099079

    I guess that confirms there is no midchapter (and subsequently no balance changes) until the Fall?

    Aren't we optimistic that there'll be one at all.

  • @boneleesdip said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4099079#Comment_4099079

    Sooner than months makes me hopeful considering the upcoming dev stream.

    We won't be covering it for the Community Stream this month, that is already set up on what we will be covering from a Live Balance perspective.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4099097#Comment_4099097

    We won't be covering it for the Community Stream this month, that is already set up on what we will be covering from a Live Balance perspective.

    Understandable. But I might be eating words, will the community stream go over live balance changes?

  • I would love for someone at BHVR to explain how this happens. This was one of my solo queue teammates in my last match. It was not a backfill lobby. And the survivor queues are instant, so this is not an issue of “we just aren’t giving the system enough time for an accurate match.” It’s just taking “next person waiting regardless of MMR.” It is simply a garbage, broken system. A literal new low in the matchmaking ineptitude:

    IMG_9467.jpeg
  • @Duncan_Ellis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4099106#Comment_4099106

    The difference and range of skill in the event queue is MASSIVE. I legit watched survivors just run back and forth across the map not being chased in multiple trials yesterday, completely griefing their teammates by doing nothing the whole game.

    I don't know if thats a skill thing. People grief at all levels. That could very well be killers who don't care about the role doing play while you wait. Someone will unfortunately be matched with them, no matter how MMR looks.

    @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    I would love for someone at BHVR to explain how this happens. This was one of my solo queue teammates in my last match. It was not a backfill lobby. And the survivor queues are instant, so this is not an issue of “we just aren’t giving the system enough time for an accurate match.” It’s just taking “next person waiting regardless of MMR.” It is simply a garbage, broken system. A literal new low in the matchmaking ineptitude:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/CGO6LSTEZ4YU/img-9467.jpeg

    Do you know it's not cross progression? My second platform is pretty low on hours. People would think I'm a baby.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4099116#Comment_4099116

    I don't know if thats a skill thing. People grief at all levels. That could very well be killers who don't care about the role doing play while you wait. Someone will unfortunately be matched with them, no matter how MMR looks.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4099259#Comment_4099259

    Do you know it's not cross progression? My second platform is pretty low on hours. People would think I'm a baby.

    Unlikely it was a cross progression player with any experience as it was a default skin Nea running no perks