Which Main Courses Do You Like/Dislike?
I dislike the Baked Camembert the most as killer. I find the invisibility morsel power to be the hardest to play around. The portals are bad enough when the Payoff isn't up and when the Payoff is up item-refilling portals that you can't follow the survivors through are just disgusting.
I play mostly as Legion for the event so haste, invincibility and the pallets don't bother me much.
The Entity has blessed my matches with a lot of Baked Camembert today.
Comments
i just hate them all they are all basically second chances on a stick while killers get a poison that can be countered and doesnt really matter with how there are all the pallets. i have only lost games on survivors in this made because a teammate game us
but hands down the worst part is the global heal like really 4 plates on a table and 4 people are healing even if they are in chase the amount of times i have won as survivor with 0 hooks becasue of the food healing people is insane. i had a game where the killer hit me 6 times before dowing me because of the healing meal and me looping him well
Baked camembert due to the fact that it's actually interesting and has some form of counterplay. Stuffed trotters is uninspired and creamy pasta not working against special attacks makes it practically useless against most killers. That being said, Creamy Pasta's global event is absolutely ridiculously broken, don't understand why BHVR thought that all pallets on the map being unbreakable would ever be a good idea.
I love the portals/invis. It's by far the power with the most counterplay for killers and it's most fun to use on survivor.
The option of unbreakable pallets make some killers unplayable, i don't like that. The invincibility makes playing around hooks impossible, so there's that too.
Sprintbursts and an action speed buff is simply boring af.
when I see the baked camembert I immediately regret booting up the game
If they reintroduce it, the invisibility duration should be halved. It's just a boring and cheese way to get away.
I dont have a problem with the portals or the invisibility morsels, its the unbreakable pallets one i find to be a bit too egregious. If you get that one on a map like Gideons you pretty much just have to accept that you just lost the chase and there is nothing you can do about it. Or at shack where if shack pallet is down, you also just lose the chase and the survivor just gets to go away for free. I play Lich so i can deal with it. Heres a tip for Lich players Vorpal Sword Mage Hand cancels out survivors vaulting the unbreakable pallet, but for the unlucky M1 player they get to have a very bad time unfortunantly.
Personaly I hate the invisibility the most with portals it has counter but its very limited unless you crack up your volume up and have good set of headphones (basicaly pro spirit settings), this power makes survivors if portals are set right the most time wasting for killer becuase one invisibility or powered portal (when table burns and portals give invisibility) is guarantee escape most of times.
Second worse to play against are pallets because invincibility from cakes can be bypassed by many m2 powers but the real deal are pallets which make many killers unplayable and many loops become basicaly infinites where you cant chase the survivor even with poison like shack so the biggest problem or one of biggest from old DBD infinites for 1 minute nice who could come up with such great idea. Not to mention survivors can vault over and over unbreakable pallets another cherry.
Weakest is the sprintboost cake with action speed but still strong because survivors gain huge advantage in chase basicaly half of the effect old DH offered the speed to close distance between loops but its actualy longer, then the table bonus for minute is 10% haste for any action and survivors get 10% haste if they are close to each other which makes this great for rushing gens and super great against slower 4,4 m/s killers.
The most annoying part are teams that control tables and spawn them regulery to heal all survivors and gain effects which makes some chase basicaly impossible to win.
edit: poison for the killer isnt bad but its only strong on some killers which can use it with oneshot abilities or their powers well or two tap fast. Still compare to many survivor abilities the poison is guarantee any game and there are perks survviors can use to counter it entirely which isnt case for survivor abilities where every killer struggles against satleast one modifier and arent guarantee but randomly chosen.
The portals make for boring gameplay.
I wouldn't mind the invisibility cheese if it wasn't for the portals. Makes it an almost guarenteed chase ender if someone can just whisk away after eating it.
Invisibility morsel basically is Spirit's power the other way around. You can still hear the survivors. The steps, the moans when they are injured.
The issue is indeed the combination with the portals. Invisibility alone wouldn't be an issue. Patience and 360ing if you cannot focus on the sounds. They'll reappear for certain.
I thought the sprint brust and the endurance/god mode ones far more annoying.
I like the invis power. Watching survivors use it and bank hard left thinking I don't have headphones, then act all indignant that I hit them anyway is hilarious. It doesn't really work all that well if you're caught out in a deadzone. Better to save it for a good tile where you have a chance of throwing the killer off. There being some strategy to its usage has made it fun on the survivor side too.
Dislike the speed morsel, only cause getting SB'd more than once is irritating. It's not busted strong, just annoying.
Unbreakable pallets need to go, though. Not just for the lost chases, but the sheer inconvenience of it. Thankfully the last time I rolled that on killer was on Nostromo, and with a ranged ability it didn't change all that much other than deny some Surge value (I refused to get off my main so built them for basic attacks to complete quests).
The invisibility with the portals is my favourite power (they're extremely strong when combo'd with the Fog Vials). That said, all of the morsels make you feel like you're going up against hackers when playing as Killer. I've grown to like the poison bottles as I've gotten better at aiming them, but they still feel pretty underwhelming compared to what the Survivors get. I've said before that I don't care if the events and time limited modes have totally broken mechanics, so long as both sides get equally broken toys to play around with.
I think previous anniversaries skewed towards Killer. Remote hooking, remote pallet breaking and Enduring on demand were much more effective and enjoyable for Killer than the useless party pallets, window blocking and Iron Will on demand effects. But the pendulum has swung over to the Survivor side this time around, with the poison bottles being effective but not a great deal of fun for Killer and Survivors getting to play with all the fun toys this year. I don't want anything nerfed, I just want to see more given to the Killer side next time around.