What is your DBD dopamine hit?
There has to be something keeping us coming back, right? Even after a string of harsh losses on both sides, a few bags and humps, a cheater killing an otherwise balanced lobby… People always seem to only take a week off.
I'm supposed to taking a break right now. Been losing too much. But I'm sat at work scratching my wrist like an addict, thinking about the rush of spinning a bodyblocking Wraith and chaining that into a stun from the very pallet he tried to block. I'm thinking about seeing 3 RTBs turn from white to red because Sable had to finish the gen, and she doesn't even realise I'm sneaking up on her with the fourth trap burning a hole in my pocket.
These are micro moments, not just wins. Some of these happened in games I lost yet I still felt good overall.
So, over to you guys:
What keeps you coming back?
What slice of gameplay gives you the biggest rush?
What is the most satisfying thing in the game to you?
Comments
What Keeps you coming back?: Most other games suck just as much
What slice of gameplay gives you the biggest rush?: No Mither
What is the most satisfying thing in the game to you?: Making a killer DC after a successful 360 (with no mither) / All survivors DCing at the first sight of whatever killer I'm playing.
Endgame saves on survivor, or outplaying a killer so bad they’re forced to drop chase.
Or some kinda skill shot on killer: Ex blind pyramid head through wall, slugger through cracks, springtrap orbital, or my personal favorite unknown mortar shots (the audio design of his power is just peak, bonus points if hit multiple)
When I get off meta perk value, I was running a chest build today and I found a sabo toolbox and saved someone who was being tunneled, I was really happy with myself.
Last Stand saves are another of my fav when I get them, or head on saves on randoms, I love solo Q altruism.
As for Killer, I love chase builds and getting value, recently rampage has been so much fun.
TBH, i have so much fun in DBD that i must list what drives me away from the game:
Going against winstreaks / Shoulder the Burden squad / Stacked SWF Squad (4 Toolboxes and full meta perks).
Bad players in SoloQ when i REALLY want to win
Outside of this i really like this game, even after so many years of playing. But yeah, playing my mains as killer or just using my favorite build as survivor really hit that dopamine for me.
What keeps you coming back?
The gameplay loop brings me back. There is no other game like this and I like how it plays. That is most likely the only reason I ever stop playing this if they start messing with it too much.
What slice of gameplay gives you the biggest rush?
When things just go together. When you get that one match where all your decision are the right ones on either side. Like you chose the right choice that counters the killers or survivors tactic.
What is the most satisfying thing in the game to you?
Getting some really good long range hits or power hits. Getting value out of really odd perk combinations. Random moments that make you go "What just happened?". I do also like to bug hunt.
Off meta perk value is my jam. I've been doing it less lately but instapicking a slug with 5 stacks of Autodiadact makes me feel like I'm cheating (and got me accused of it once too).
Haven't had much luck with chests just yet. Whenever I bring a chest perk I feel I lose too much time opening them just for a fog vial :(. Shoulda just sat on the gen.
I live for the close fought games. They are few and far between but those games where the killer and the survs are matched so equally that thebgame always hangs in the balance right up until the last second. Usually a 2 k with a kill at about 1-2 gens left and another in the end game.
And who doesn't get a solid dopamine hit as surv when you pallet save, a killer whacks the vault etc
Mhm, those games are my favourite to be honest. So long as it's not too sweaty to tie it up like that. A stomp in either direction, in my favour or not, is the least fun version of DBD. I don't expect to ever hit the highest level of skill the game has to offer, because quite frankly, the game at the very tippy-top feels like it'd be joyless.
For survivor, successfully getting at least one of my teammates out alongside me is a great result especially if I've had successful chase escapes.
For killer, sacrificing or killing a survivor or team that are above my normal skill level without having to play too dirty.
Yh players who play at the highest level don't seem like happy people. Like the streamers I play against who have loads of hours and try hard at the game always give me mad salt after a game. Whereas streamers who are mid at the game and/or just memeing around are much more pleasant after the game.
Since Aestri is one of my mains, getting a killer to go after an illusion while i sneak away - is a funny one when it works. Some of them even stop and stare like "what the hell was that?" As some have still never seen the perk before lol. Also hitting a D20 roll on Bardic Inspiration and actualy getting time to use it on a gen.
Then there is lining up multi hits with hellfire pillars on Dracula.
Defeating bully squads without stooping to their level.
Escaping with a no mither build.
Undetectable gen grabs with Skull Merchant and Chucky.
Landing every shot fired in a round as Deathslinger.
Sniping survivors from a long distance with Unknown.
The "AHH!" "ooh peice of candy! :)" as trapper.
Getting healing speed value from perks.
Breaking devour hope before someone can get moried.
Letting someone go who was trying to play normally while the rest were throwing.
Someone rarely complimenting your skill with one of your main killers.
Skirt glitches. Its like a 2% chance to get to wear one of the rarest and best looking cosmetics in the game until your first hook, and its completely up to the game deciding to have a brain fart.
Escaping against one if my main killers while having their p100 badge equipped.
New content that you actually look forword to. For example I'll have 15 mill bp for Shane Wiigwaas to get tons of cakes on while starting his ascension to p100.
Landing hits on The First without using aura perks.
Actually getting the dog to work on houndmaster.
Chasing people in head form as Krasue like some kind of flying zombie squid. (And landing hits you weren't expecting to connect)
Landing pinpoint aimed tail strikes over/through cover as Xeno.
Making a Wesker lose 3 or more generators per chase.
Someone dieing to your Pig traps without following them.
Dodging all of Huntress' hatchets causing her to stop to reload.
Stunning legion out of his feral frenzy before he can go after others.
Making Jason miss his spikes by twirling at the last second.
The Hope that Shanoa or Simon Belmont might someday finally be added to the game as playable character legendary skins, if not in a Castlevania part 2.
Getting undetectable perk value on most killers.
The odd time that you catch someone in a locker as Dredge.
Nemisis zombies actually helping in chase, and the survivors running out of cures.
Multi downs with 1 oni strike.
Randoms actually coordinating well for end game hook saves.
Satisfaction surveys that allow me to beg for Shanoa and Simon Belmont in the "anything else to share?" Box.
Killers turning friendly from using "moan tech" being carried.
Making killers miss m1 attacks when you "juke" to the side. (Much harder to do lately its like the auto aim is stronger these days by default)
Reaching p100 on a character, then deciding who to do next.
Nothing quite gives me a rush like yoinking someone off a Gen as Wraith or Ghostie, or opening the exit gates alone, injured, and still managing to escape.
Pig Head Pops
mus i say more?
(i know for a fact pig mains are gonna agree)
When the killer is a turbo sweat quad slowdown best addons comp wannabe s-tier main and gets 0 kills (even better if they complain - without irony or self-awareness - about survivors trying hard).
When a survivor teabags and then immediately step in a trap.
sounds like a certain Nurse player i know
Thank you for giving me your 1000th post!
Forcing any killer to tunnel me out and or focus me the whole game
On survivor: Hearing gens pop while I'm in chase. Feels like I'm being rewarded for lasting. / Alternatively putting on deja vu and orchestrating an impossible to defend 3 gen for the killer.
On Killer: Hitting a survivor after the 3rd stack of devour and having that feeling of "you should probably get off gens and deal with that ;)" / Locker grabbing a survivor trying to lock a locker as Dredge / Scaring tf out of people with stealth builds.
hitting someone at the very end of my second dash on wesker has been my go to latelly.
The sound design of this game is straight ASMR to me.
That one moment where the ambience cuts out due to a certain green rabbit going through a door
The Grinch? 😋
hes coming to take your christmas presents