All Things Wicked: Second Act (A "Comeback" of All Things Wicked + Hour Of The Witch)
While everyone is complaining about Jason, here I am, making the SIXTH Comeback Chapter in my series! Instead of going back to literally Year 1, I skipped forward a bit and, well, Unknown could use more than a hug after Jason violated him… her? It? Anyway, All Things Wicked is more of All Things Broken, since a lot of it is just… eugh. Invocations, Greenville, Unknown, Perks, yeah, a lot of bad things. Threw Mikaela into this because of relationships or something. I don't really know, but that does mean I also get to tackle Boons!
Heritage Theater
Bet you weren't expecting that! Yep! I made Greenville it's own Realm! I got a little tired of the Withered Isle basically just being the Entity's trash can, and tossing anything they want in there. Greenville is important enough to have some staying power, so I decided to give it its own home. Other than that, I shrunk down the map itself, and made the Statue right in front of the Theater.
Fallen Refuge
Because I'm splitting Withered Isle like divorce, that means Fallen Refuge is moving to Greenville. I gave it what it so desperately needed: identity! Although it's supposed to be the Walking Dead map, it's genuinely just a normal map but one tile is different! So here, have a bunch of Rick's memories, with Days Gone By being a little more pronounced than the rest. You can no longer see clear across the entire map!
Unknown Rework
I took Unknown apart and rearranged their bits when putting them back together. The most important changes to UVX here are the velocity and "bounciness" increase and the fact that it no longer applies Hindered when direct impacted, but WEAKENED! Like it SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING FROM THE START! Weakened is also much harder to get rid of since to "face down the Unknown," you kinda need to actually be in danger! No more freebies from watching that lanky dude vault a Window.
I've also completely changed Hallucinations. They are GENUINELY the WORST form of Teleportation in the game. They're very easy to get rid of, you have little control over where they're placed, they're super obvious and even tell Survivors when you're ready and not ready to teleport, and they're honestly not so great at tricking Survivors.
Now, "facing down the Unknown" means actually facing them down! You're taking a major risk not running away when you spot a Hallucination, but the reward is pretty good!
Also, about that cosmetic change… I just wanted Unknown to be creepier! Got the idea from the Starlings from Shipwrecked 64.
Unknown Add-Ons
And here's the Add-Ons. Won't go too in-depth since there's 20 of 'em, but I did change up their Ultra Rares. Captured From The Dark is all about being funny at Windows and the OSS Report is for just being plain good at Unknown!
Unknown Perks
Now for the UN UN UNs! IUnbound I just removed the limited time window. It's like Superior Anatomy now, but has a rather lengthy cooldown.
Undone I had to overhaul. It's terrible even on DOCTOR! Now, Failed Skill Checks still grant Tokens, but Good Skill Checks done within close proximity are gonna feed ya some Tokens as well. I also removed the whole Gen-Blocking thing. It was weird and kinda unneeded. I did think about making the range 24 or even the Terror Radius, but eh, that's what a PTB is for.
Unforseen I barely even changed, but I did add the bonus of keeping it going if you damage Survivors.
Sable Ward Perks
Now onto our goth girl with her Sandbag Yourself Perk. If you've noticed from other posts about Comebacks, I'm trying to turn away from Invocations making you Broken and instead, it gives you a unique debuff. Additionally, although I didn't write it in the picture itself, I also want the effect of lowering the next person's Invocation by 10 seconds if someone else performed it. You do Weaving Spiders, next guy's Invocation for WS is gonna be shorter. Anyway, it does the same thing but you now need a babysitter to complete Gens.
For Strength In Shadows, I added the bonus of seeing the Aura of all Survivors while in the Basement so you know how close your imminent death is… or ya just kinda wanna know where everyone is.
Wicked I buffed so it includes Scourge Hooks as well! Being Hooked on a Scourge Hook is a lot more common than the Basement, so it's good for both!
Mikaela Reid Perks
Remember when CoH had this entire game in a chokehold? I didn't! It legit made me stop playing Dbd! Anyway, I buffed the numbers because other forms of healing are just flat out better than it. We'll Make It, Resurgeance, and even Botany is more efficient than touching Bones, so here's a bonus.
For Shadow Step, I added a new thing that'll be on a case-to-case basis: vertical Boon height. CoH has it, Shadow Step doesn't. It depends on what it is. Doing it this way, although a little more confusing, can keep certain Boons in check without making others suffer.
Clairvoyance now tracks Items on the ground and Glyphs for 3 more seconds. Additionally, little Quality of Life, cleansing or blessing another Totem will reset it.
Misc. Perks
BOON! Anyway, Exponential has a faster self-recovery, but no longer works through floors. Looking at you, guy running No Mither and Boil Over. I know what you're doing… and I hate you for it.
Alan Wake's third Perk got buffed. The Boon's range itself is better than the rest, which WILL increase the range of ALL your Boons! Additionally, I doubled the increase in speed for if ANYONE has a Boon up.
It's hard to approach Dark Theory. 3% didn't seem like much until Made For This told you JUST how powerful that is. I kept it the same, but did add some speed for NOT running.
Invocation Overlap is what I did to Haddie's Inner Focus. I put it through surgery and came out with this! Haunts haunting the map for you! Have fun gambling!
In a similar vein to Weaving Spiders, Treacherous Crows has a different downside than "Oof ouchies!" Although you might be revealing the Killer, you'll start to reveal yourself, so be mindful and be ready to be chased.
As you can see, Dark Sense has gotten a facelift! Ever since Eyes of Belmont, there's literally ZERO reason to run this Perk anymore! So, I made it a Boon. It's like Alert, but BOON. Also, like Illumination, it can increase ALL Boon ranges to 64m, but if the Killer is letting that happen, that's on them.
End
I now got a six-pack of Chapters under my belt, and I don't exactly know where to go next. I could do Last Breath and take The Nurse to Suplex City, which would be fun, or I could update the Plague since she legit has not been changed since Mikaela came out nearly five years ago.
Or I could tackle Binding of Kin… oh god The Twins…














Comments
As a Nurse main who just switched from Skully im curious as to how youll implement her. So ima vote in the favor of Last Breath as long as you fix her white comb add on lol. Anyhoo i love how admist the Jason chaos your making an effort with these. an amazing idea and im here for it.
thank you for fixing milk carton
I guess I'll do Last Breath next! Any reason to change Disturbed Ward and deliver a Tombstone Piledriver to Nurse.
And hey, maybe a new Survivor is in order ;)
Wow you put a lot of effort into this, what a fun read <3
The unknown device I will ask though, you don't mean interacting with a hallucination? coz I really like the version of that add on I already have, I love the boon/invocation reworks!
i look forward to it