What is your opinion about Kaneki

I want to hear what people think of Kaneki

What they like, and what they don't like.

I'll begin, his leap cooldown when not attacking is awfully low. Why on earth does he has the right to come super fast to you, get a 0.5sec cooldown and hit you for free.

Tbh, it's the only thing bugging me about him

Comments

  • After his back to back nerfs he's perfectly manageable now. Often it is survivors putting themselves in poor open positions where he thrives against him that is the real problem.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    • Kaneki is awfully loud.
    • The first hit is even more free than Legions
    • His map mobility has almost no limits resulting in most people tunneling without any punishment or descision making
    • His cooldown after using power is too low, often leaving you with literally no counterplay if the map isnt stacked
    • Grab attacks sometimes still hit through objects, which adds to the cheap feeling when playing against them.

    Just like with Nurse, I dont think this killer can be salvaged. The core design is fundamentally flawed.

    TBH I think if they just removed the free injury he'd be fine? Still strong but fairly okay.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4083826#Comment_4083826

    Can he cooldown whilst he is sliding? coz that might be where the issue lies, coz by the time he reaches you it'd be technically shorter. Coz it doesnt feel like long at all, could be a server relaying information late or something idk

    He can, but not on like, the same frame as the slide starting. At most it shaves off a fraction of a second. Try playing him in a custom game some time, you'll see there is quite a delay in when you can swing after a leap.

  • @Drunkenmunky said:

    Dumbest pay to win killer that should have never been a killer.

    He's not even a killer, he's an anti-hero. It's as genre destroying as adding Deadpool as a killer.

    It's a cash grab.

    Everything about this ghoul being added is garbage.

    Rather play against nurse. At least nurse takes some skill.

    If you wanna go there, Deadpool in dbd could easily be a white eyes version of Barakapool from Origins:Wolverine lol.

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    I want to hear what people think of Kaneki

    What they like, and what they don't like.

    I'll begin, his leap cooldown when not attacking is awfully low. Why on earth does he has the right to come super fast to you, get a 0.5sec cooldown and hit you for free.

    Tbh, it's the only thing bugging me about him

    I personally think that his range being nerfed always was kinda a bit excessive, same with adding the tokens. They didn't stop his pressure or slow him down. They just made him do more work for the same results. I also don't like the fact they removed the damage when a survivor tries revaulting, so it's guaranteed and a free no skill way to extend a chase/force break pallet.

    But besides that, I absolutely adore his design, his sound, his music. They absolutely nailed him perfectly even if I wish he had more in game voicelines besides his Mori. His skill ceiling is massive and nearly infinite and I'm always learning new tech and skills from fellow ghoul mains

  • @zufield said:

    The complaints about him are largely overblown; he basically has little other than moving around the map fast and getting that first injury. After that he is just an M1 killer.

    An M1 killer with a 65% kill rate and an 8% pick rate in high mmr, doesn't sound overblown to me.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/540-stats-first-look-at-stats-in-2026

  • In my opinion he should be 4.4m/s just like blight. He can cover great distances that can be created by survivour perks or holding W. He can cut off survivours to guarantee a hit. He has free injury.
    Its just like legion but on high dose of caffeine

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4083919#Comment_4083919

    He can, but not on like, the same frame as the slide starting. At most it shaves off a fraction of a second. Try playing him in a custom game some time, you'll see there is quite a delay in when you can swing after a leap.

    You have to pay $5 for this privilege… to win according to your advice. Is there a term for that?

    Anyway, my suggestion would be all killers should be FTP in custom matches, permanently. It would allow potential buyers a "test drive" and it would let survivors actually know what they were facing.

    It's pretty ######### when info is locked behind a paywall.

  • @brewingtea said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4083964#Comment_4083964

    You have to pay $5 for this privilege… to win according to your advice. Is there a term for that?

    Anyway, my suggestion would be all killers should be FTP in custom matches, permanently. It would allow potential buyers a "test drive" and it would let survivors actually know what they were facing.

    It's pretty ######### when info is locked behind a paywall.

    Game gives you nurse for free the best killer now, billy who is very hard but very strong too and then twins,blight and other strong killers are in game viable for shards.

    Ghoul is maybe easier than all these if you arent facing good looper who can run you long because his antiloop is mid at his current state and very counterplayable for good loopers. Thats all advantages just easier and bit more fun but not auto win to all games.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4083320#Comment_4083320

    If you can read your own point you used MMR as your arguement, what is your MMR, do you know?

    High mmr my friend. I win a lot so naturally im ranked with better players

  • @Mrpugalug916 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4083369#Comment_4083369

    High mmr my friend. I win a lot so naturally im ranked with better players

    1000001580.png

    So which one is true?

    Boredom is such a terrible thing...

  • Kaneki isn't bad at all in my opinion. I think the bulk of the problem is that his counter-play is just unenjoyable, he has a high skill ceiling, and he's a mobility killer. In the current meta where-in the bulk of the macro plays revolve around the low mobility of a killer and their motion, mobility characters look stronger than they are ; because they inherently counter the meta.

    He's not terribly fun to go up against, mind you, and I won't claim otherwise. But overall I don't see any problems with Kaneki. I see problems with the meta, rather than the killers who are strong in it. Correct the killers and the meta will still be the problem, but give the meta a legitimate shake-up and people would likely find themselves having much less problem with Kaneki.

    By example (extreme and unreasonable example, but for arguments sake) in a 'King of the hill' mechanical type meta or event Trapper would inherently become alot stronger and people would complain more about him being OP, whereas Kaneki would be average. In a status effect meta Plague would look like a monster.

  • Horrible killer to go against. Ridiculous map mobility and his cooldown is non-existent. As others have said, his chase’s are so predictable…

    Leap across map and find survivor (ridiculous auto aim gives you a guaranteed free hit), then simply leap and body block a vault/pallet. Wash, rinse, repeat.

    I also never really got his inclusion in the game. Don’t get me wrong, some non-horror IP’s have come into the game before and have successfully matched the tone of DbD (DnD, Alien, etc). But Ghoul just feels so dissonant to the game - and by all accounts, isn’t particularly lore accurate/faithful to the original.

  • @Drumbeat said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4083826#Comment_4083826

    That still proves how very short it is, Killers cooldowns is in the 3-4 seconds range since ghoul has extreme mobility it should be 4 seconds

    His power can't down

  • I mean we can say that and I get what you mean, but it kind of can, it's used to get close enough for the hit confirm, it's like saying spirits power can't down IMO

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4085046#Comment_4085046

    I mean we can say that and I get what you mean, but it kind of can, it's used to get close enough for the hit confirm, it's like saying spirits power can't down IMO

    But thats the point. I was responding to someone who thinks the cooldown should be 4 seconds. His power can't down, so you wouldn't be able to use it for that. Which means you wouldn't be able to use it to down anyone ever with it.

  • Probably my most hated killer.
    After his changes, I am willing to play about one, or two game seriously per session. After it, I just don't care and go next.

    As someone else stated, it's possible to escape Kaneki, but it's not going to be fun.
    I don't remember single game with Kaneki, which I would enjoy.

    Sadly because of Blight nerfs, there are even more Kaneki players.

  • I just think he’s fun.

    its nice having a killer who you can make some mistakes on, in comparison to any other killer where one mistake can lead to game over

1 2 ›