CONSOLE PLAYERS - Do not buy Auric Cells to support BHVR
as the title says the delay on the update is really starting to take the biscuit now and we won’t even receive any sort of consolation or apology for the lateness when it does arrive.
so when it finally does don’t buy a single Auric cell, grind for your cosmetics, but the Chapter sure but ignore the new store completely, if the store bombs over this farce (which it likely will as us console players can be petty af) they’ll make sure to never screw up like this again. If we let them shaft us, then reward them, they’ll just do it again. So don’t buy Auric Cells!
so when it finally does don’t buy a single Auric cell, grind for your cosmetics, but the Chapter sure but ignore the new store completely, if the store bombs over this farce (which it likely will as us console players can be petty af) they’ll make sure to never screw up like this again. If we let them shaft us, then reward them, they’ll just do it again. So don’t buy Auric Cells!
Comments
@Bigfoot_Hunter said:
not buying anything with real money just shards these DEVS think were stupid lmao theres more to the story then they are saying and its 2018 it dont take this long, and another thing how long they been in business???? and they still dont know how the process works #########, at this point its comical
Master Member You are "comical" tbh
makes total sense lmao
You’re all a bunch of ninny’s. Arguing about the wrong things, refusing each other’s statements. Geez.
All I see is people saying "they aren't telling us the truth" and speaking like they have all the facts. They've said why the console players haven't got the update. They aren't allowing any of us access to the shrine until it releases to console players and it even appears they have held back the anniversary event too.
Honestly, stop looking for reasons to ######### and moan and complain. Fact is, the update is bigger than anything they've done before and it's taking a while for it to be cleared. It'll not be like this for future updates, that's what they said.
@Bigfoot_Hunter said:
not buying anything with real money just shards these DEVS think were stupid lmao theres more to the story then they are saying and its 2018 it dont take this long, and another thing how long they been in business???? and they still dont know how the process works #########, at this point its comical
You are "comical" tbh
makes total sense lmao
And I feel decieved by you, the post said NEW, not this sad copy paste.
So many tin-foilers in this thread. It's a game... there's more important things going on to be outraged over then a game update being released on consoles within XXX time period.
I play Xbox too... it's annoying but jeeze it's not that annoying. If you are unhappy don't spend your money. It's that simple. How many topics are we going to see about not getting the update yet?
LOL no. It takes time to do a certification, especially Microsoft because they have very strict requirements for games. Like, when an update comes out for Overwatch it still takes A MONTH to come out on console. You're going to tell me now that Blizzard is lying to customers and not actually putting in a cert when they say they did? Bullshit.
Not sure where you get your info from, but all you need to do is look at any other game and you'd see certification on Xbox is indeed a long time. Literally, any multi-platform game gets a PC update at minimum 2 weeks before Xbox. I know because I'm always mildly upset that I have to wait for the newest patch.
As someone pointed out they do simultaneous release BECAUSE THEY HOLD BACK THE UPDATE ON PC. That's why they have PTR on PC, so they can have their cake and eat it too. It doesn't mean the certification process is any faster, just that they add a buffer zone so that PC elitist don't ######### their pants getting mad at console players for supposedly holding back the patch and console players don't feel left out of new content updates.
Keep in mind BHVR did this once before and PC players lost their ######### minds. I really don't see the big deal about waiting, you people are so impatient it literally makes my insides hurt.
PC players had it on the PTB why couldn't they then wait? It's now been over 20 days we have seen the new killer, the new map and cosmetics and fixes. We haven't gotten to touch any of it. Should console players wait 20 days because they aren't on PC?
You are 100% correct I am a PC elitist. Because if I could only have one set of equipment to play games on I would pick the PC 100/100 times. Why? Because a computer has many more uses then a console.
Lets have a look at Twitch streamers and youTube personalities for example. When ever possible they choose to buy a game for the PC even though it's available for all platforms. Why are they doing this? Because the PC gear can handle the game much better, and they often have choice of input they prefer, keyboard and mouse or controller.
And deep down inside, though not everyone would admit it, they'd prefer a top notch gaming PC, its just not affordable. I know my PC is not as powerful as I'd like, but you buy what you can afford. The difference between me and a console user is I can admit that someone else has better gear then mine.
Apparently we live in a magical world where Dead By Daylight takes weeks to get certified, needs extra care because it’s like, totally such a huge update, and requires extra special care because they added a store to the game.... meanwhile plenty of other games do every thing I just listed and somehow not only get all three platforms out at the same time, and do it all within 5 days or so of entering certification.
Eventually we might run out of excuses for them. I’ve decided not to spend a penny on cosmetics, I’ll just keep slugging away until the update finally hits, but lol some of you are shill as #########.
Since they read the thread, hey guys, have you failed certification or something? @not_Queen said it’s a process with lots of steps and moving parts. What step are we on, what part is holding it up?
Anyone play Kingdom Come? Huge, epic game. When they do patches they communicate with the players where the cert is at, when it should be done (exact days, not “within weeks”) and if it fails or they need to restart they let us know and explain exactly why.
So what the dealio?
I'll comment on your points, no problem.
Because consoles are not the best gaming solution from a hardware point, if possible people should buy a PC. I'll stand by that point all day long. And this point relates entirely to the equipment involved. And not only will a PC out perform a console, it can also be used for other things.
And secondly yes PC users supported this game from release, and its their spending money on DLC and the base game, that allowed BHVR to expand this game and eventually bring console versions in. Once the console versions were released then yes, Console people actually helped fund further expansions of the game. What more is there to the story, that I missed?
First of all, yes these processes can take several weeks. For one thing, a patch is NOT guaranteed to get through certification. For instance, since the consoles are ports, there could be problems that persist there that do not make it on PC. Or there may be problems such as memory leaks. This can cause the patch to fail cert and push it back, forcing them to fix it up more.
This is the problem F13 had for a long time and it's a problem unoptimized games have. The unoptimized part is BHVR fault, but the strict processes the consoles have? That's entirely on MS/Sony. If you're seriously this livid about some content, I've got 3 pieces of advice for you.
1. Find another game to occupy your time. Others exist.
2. Buy a PC.
3. Understand you cant always get what you want when you want it, and that everything is going to be ok, seriously, the world WILL keep spinning.
Exactly my friend, if the money is not an issue then, I'd have A PS4, XBOX, and a Killer gaming PC.
But I can only afford a PC and one Console, I settled on XBOX because I have friends with XBOX's.
But if I could only have one gaming solution.. I'd have to pick PC.
I grew up with arcades and such as well. But once PC graphics surpassed that of consoles and even arcades, I moved to PC main. I console to play with friends who aren't as big a PC nerd as me.
If you'd like to get around having to buy 2 copies of everything for your steam account, Id suggest you setup a family steam account and purchase games that you want for everyone through it and share the login with your wife. That's is what I did.
I do admit that consoles are a very acceptable budget way of gaming.
You have more then one console to play together?
Excellent, and PS4 allows you to play both consoles on the single game purchase? That is another mark in the PRO column.
On your previous comment you left console’s part they played. All I ask for is acknowledgement for what console did for this game and how it’s where it is because of our support.
If you don’t mind me asking did you build your pc yourself?
I myself am trying to get a non-prebuilt one but have no idea where to start.
Exclusives are good reason for consoles. And I admit I wish I had bought a PS4 instead of the XBOX. Of course the poor XBOX sales are blamed on the lack of exclusive titles.
I did build my own PC this time. Because I wanted many top tier components I had to buy it over 3 months, watching for sales on the parts I wanted. Even then I had to compromise on the video card thanks to the Bitcoin miners pushing up prices.
The first place to start is the CPU, decide which processor is good for you. Once you have that information then you will know what you require to support the processor you want.
flagged. lowbei just above me. lol.
i should have chimed in about how this is all "just reprehensible, tragic and a grave injustice!" for a couple "awesomes". is it too late?
usually this only happens to all of us when a patch is being pushed through.
fingers crossed it’s the case this time too.
your loss buddy xd
by the way it sounds, an aneurysm or cardiac arrest is imminent for those emotionally locked in to all this.
spazzocity will have a sequel and i am on the edge of my seat. i am something of a parasite in such matters.
you can say what you want. I will buy 6000 cells! Yeah 🤑
maybe the update will come soon.
Wow the idiots making these crying threads...
I will buy the update, cosmetics and everything else they offer. This Developer is more transparent with their community than almost any other game I play. They do not even have to give us a timeline for these releases. They could always just leave it and only tell us they day of, which might be the best plan with the way some people are acting. There was never a set in stone release date for console, all these "theories" and otherwise of how it SHOULD be do not make it happen. Wait patiently like the unspoken majority, don't besmirch a Developer that you like well enough to get this heated about. We will get the patch when we get the patch, until then I will be farming away to get ready. Thank you DBD team for all your hard work and not_Queen for being so level headed and great with us. I'm looking forward to gassing all the meanies in due time at the carnival.
The fact that people flagged this TWICE is really off putting and makes me want to face desk