Anti-Tunnel idea - Reveal Aura of the unhooker
I was thinking about an idea to prevent tunneling survivors after they got unhooked.
My idea is to show the aura from the unhooker for some seconds, so it's easier to find him than the freshly unhooked one.
I don't know how you guys manage that but usually if someone unhooks the hooked guy I see the unhooked guy first, but the unhooker is somewhere hiding (and beeing a bad team mate in my eyes for not baiting me away) and time is to much pressuring to waste time searching someone and leaving the one I already spotted.
It happens really often. I really don't want to tunnel everytime, but in these situations it's just like "sorry lad, you are the only one I can see right now and gens are going to pop". I feel bad, but that's the optimal way to do if you don't want to lose.
How you think about that idea?
My idea is to show the aura from the unhooker for some seconds, so it's easier to find him than the freshly unhooked one.
I don't know how you guys manage that but usually if someone unhooks the hooked guy I see the unhooked guy first, but the unhooker is somewhere hiding (and beeing a bad team mate in my eyes for not baiting me away) and time is to much pressuring to waste time searching someone and leaving the one I already spotted.
It happens really often. I really don't want to tunnel everytime, but in these situations it's just like "sorry lad, you are the only one I can see right now and gens are going to pop". I feel bad, but that's the optimal way to do if you don't want to lose.
How you think about that idea?
Comments
I like this idea, I feel like it'd work nice as a general killer perk like spies from the shadows and noed where you dont have to level up a killer to get it.
I only see it working from certain distances though, as being too close will just start a chase with either person (most likely the unhooked person). Maybe if the unhooker is injured, they could get broken?
As I said, it's more an idea to give me more help not tunnel if I really don't want to. I had a lot if situations when I only see the injured poor guy and the unhooker is hiding somewhere... Maybe removing the notification bubble could help aswell to spot the unhooker better
The only way to stop tunnelling is to increase the length of the average game so killers don't feel like they need to tunnel to have a chance. If killers could play more casually without getting curb stomped by the game's current imbalance they would.
But it'd make sure the killer dOeSn'T tUnNeL the unhooked.
Maybe you're being sarcastic though.
As a base mechanic, no. As an additional effect for MYC that activates upon an unhook, even if the primary effect didn't? Maybe.
I can't see this stopping people from tunneling.
Then nobody would unhook.
Look, these guys don't tunnel because of a lack of other targets. The do it to either off each player asap, or just to be a prick. Yes, I know lots of killers that do it just to be toxic. It is one of many parts of this game that keeps it from getting a larger player base. Just too much room for toxic play that ruins other people's enjoyment. It is a weird game where the developers want their players to ruin each other's fun. Whether it is toxic survivors acting like azzhats, but that is ok, or toxic killers just trying to ruin your day with a good face camp or hard tunnel. Both are just fine in the eyes of developers, and they are the main reason the player base can't grow.
SWF, 70% of the Survivor players, says hello.
You are never forced to tunnel. It is a choice. Simple as that. Also, no sympathy for the recently unhooked survivor. You are easy prey now. Figure out where to go to hide and heal. Tunneling is not an issue and there is nothing to fix about it.
I dont really like to tunnel, i prefer to let the unhook run free for a while at least, but right now what you say is kinda useless, if you waste your time with the guy who needs two hits to get to the ground and let the easy kill run free you will just get a big gen rush and you will get a big sad face.
It's "a choice" in the same way that holding a gun to someone's head and telling them to do something or you'll shoot them is giving them "a choice", but in common terminology, it's definitely not always a choice.
It is certainly a choice. You do not have to go after that injured recently unhooked survivor. It is the smart choice, but still a choice. You do not have to tunnel. You can still pip easily not tunneling. But tunneling makes removing survivors quicker from the game.
If that's the only survivor you see, it's not really a choice. See the gun to the head example.
Since that is a survivor nerf basically, this will never happen.
Also it would be an incentive, not prevention
That is not truly tunneling though. That is just bad luck for that survivor.
Just give the person that's unhooked a speed boost after they're unhooked. Wouldn't solve it but would help at least
I play for points, so I'm trying to get as many hits as possible. I feel that injured player is going to take the time to heal or have someone else heal them. I also should be chasing someone else who was on a gen at the time of the unhook anyways. Protecting gens is priority, and I feel you should keep pressure on all survivors as much as possible. Sure there are times when I do down the unhooked, but it wasn't because of tunneling. Just found them following their scratches. Can't tell you how many times I've left survivors alone to go check a gen or because someone with two hits passed me while I was in a chase. Plus I run BBQ, so I want to hook everyone at least once before I start dropping whoever I see.
Maybe by means of removing 15% of gen progression on each gen over 50% and 25% for each gen over 75% for hitting the unhooker, you also have to be at least 20m from the hook when they save for it to activate.
I could see something like this being a killer perk. But I doubt it would be a baseline ability.
So basically you want people to not unhook teammates and let them die? because non SWF will do just that
Yep pretty much, very few solo are going to risk several seconds of aura reveal. Besides tunneling already has counters, get good at looping and pack insta heals. Make the tunneling tactic as expensive as possible for the killer.
On the occasions I play killer, if someone is ballsy enough to unhook a survivor without making sure I'm preoccupied with something else, of course I will go after the unhooked player. It is the killer's job to kill the survivors and the unhooked survivor is an easy target. If someone is going to make the mistake of doing a potentially unsafe hook rescue, then I will punish them by denying them the BP and emblem progress for a safe hook rescue.
The only anti-tunnel strategy that will work is to adapt your strategies according to how the killer plays. If you're insistent on saving people no matter the cost, then bring Borrowed Time and We'll Make It. Bring a flashlight and Sprint Burst/Balanced Landing and be the one to attempt to draw the killer away from the hook at bait so your teammates can attempt a safe rescue.
And I am a survivor main, been playing as one for 6 months with the occasional killer game because of dailies or because I'd like a brief change of pace. Of course I get annoyed when I get camped or tunneled, but when it happens I'm mature enough to realize that the only things to blame are bad luck, lack of foresight, and poor decisions on my part or my rescuer's part. In a trial, the killer is not your friend by any means and assuming they're going to play by some code of honor is how you set yourself up for a frustrating loss. It's nice when a killer passes up on an opportunity for an easy kill but nobody is obligated to give other players BP or emblems out of fairness.