I was happy to see that this is delayed. We want BHVR to test stuff and respond to feedback about it, so it's good to hear that they're being thoughtful about this.
This is good in theory.
In practice, you also need to be consistent with responses. Because being inconsistent about who you listen to, and when, and how you respond, is a quick way to be accused of bias.
Don't know how strong she will be, but I really like the new Killer's design and Vee is such a cutie. And it's gonna be fun to whip out my tambourine and play it in the face of the angry hornet's nest of tunnelling Killers that BHVR have now whipped up into a frenzy for us. Silver linings and all that…
But yeah, feels like we only just got the Walking Dead yesterday and yet here it is, more content… Phew.
Tell me about it. All I do is a brief read through the new perks, see that they're all uninteresting compared to what I already run, and then hop in. New Killer tunnels relentlessly every trial, so there's no reason to try to bone up on their powers or perks before I go against them. All around boring, in my opinion. But at least the new Survivors can be fun to play. I like Rick, even if he burps on the hook.
Yet this is exactly what they did with afk crows and "go next".
Crows were briefly tested and the feedback given was that they were "too strong and punishing". That feedback was completely ignored, the version was pushed live with zero changes, no delay, and no "consideration for feedback".
"Go next" wasn't even tested, and went live in a highly abusable state.
Only the loud backlash after going live made a difference. At least for crows, since go next was pulled, then stealthily put back in with no patch notes and no changes, and is currently live in the same state where being hard tunneled can penalize the survivor.
So BHVR is wildly inconsistent at listening to the "loud feedback", as well as watching for "abusable scenarios" apparently.
I am so glad I was on vacation during that patch. It was reverted the day after I got home so I never had to experience it. 😅
In practice, you also need to be consistent with responses. Because being inconsistent about who you listen to, and when, and how you respond, is a quick way to be accused of bias.
I mean, I guess you can accuse them of whatever you want, but I don't think the inconsistency is really about supporting players who prefer one character over another — I think it's just that BHVR is not super consistent about anything as their normal way of doing business. There are times when they communicate really well, and times when they communicate really poorly. There are times when they're super careful and take things slowly and there are times when they rush something out when it's clearly not done. I'd like to praise them when they're slow and careful and communicating well.
In practice, you also need to be consistent with responses. Because being inconsistent about who you listen to, and when, and how you respond, is a quick way to be accused of bias.
Not to keep just adding onto your posts, but also:
If this was a rare thing, I think we'd all be more forgiving. Everyone makes mistakes after all. But its become a running joke that they will introduce things and either radically change them or remove it entirely once they are actually faced with feedback.
We recently got a promise of better communications and that they'd reevaluate how they do things. Except we again get the same thing with a Friday news drop.
What makes the anti go next even more pathetic when you consider this cancellation of anti tunnel - the tunnelling is so bad currently that their own anti go next system was classing people who had been tunnelled out as "going next" and punished them for it. Now it seems to me if your anti go next system is picking up people being tunnelled out as something that should be punished, then tunnelling is a MASSIVE problem in the game but we can't punish killers because they have to be rewarded at all times for absolutely everything.
or or or… and hear me out on this one… these changes obviously and easily punished killers who were not tunneling… AND you already have tools to combat tunneling USE THEM.
I mean, I guess you can accuse them of whatever you want, but I don't think the inconsistency is really about supporting players who prefer one character over another — I think it's just that BHVR is not super consistent about anything as their normal way of doing business. There are times when they communicate really well, and times when they communicate really poorly. There are times when they're super careful and take things slowly and there are times when they rush something out when it's clearly not done. I'd like to praise them when they're slow and careful and communicating well.
I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm saying that, in general, being consistent is how you avoid the appearance of bias.
My actual opinion is that BHVR seems to "listen to feedback" by the loudest voices. Which makes it feel like the game direction is sometimes chosen by the very loud minority of people who care about no one other than themselves.
There doesn't appear to be a clear, or consistent direction or game philosophy. I didn't think I've ever once seen anyone officially come out and say anything to the effect of "this does/doesn't align with the game vision or game design". Anything goes as long as the holy, and arbitrary, 60% kill rate is maintained.
I am confused. Do the devs dont have the technology to extend the ptb and do some tweaks in the ptb? Or do they really want to push the dlc and Myers update as quickly as possible?
Most of the problems are number tweaks outside sadako and pig situation. And they could have scrapped like 50% of the gen regression nerfs (like seriously kicking eruption in its grave is overkill). Specially when you take in account the limit of regression events on a gen.
With tweaks in the ptb and some additional changes at launch this would have been fine.
I am confused. Do the devs dont have the technology to extend the ptb and do some tweaks in the ptb? Or do they really want to push the dlc and Myers update as quickly as possible?
Most of the problems are number tweaks outside sadako and pig situation. And they could have scrapped like 50% of the gen regression nerfs (like seriously kicking eruption in its grave is overkill). Specially when you take in account the limit of regression events on a gen.
With tweaks in the ptb and some additional changes at launch this would have been fine.
Do the devs dont have the technology to extend the ptb and do some tweaks in the ptb?
Mostly no.
With the console companies patches/updates need to be submitted to them ahead of release for testing, and these have to be scheduled.
It's really the first few days of the PTB that matter the most. BHVR has to make a decision on what they're doing, make that build, and get to Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo so it can go through their testing process so it can be released. Anything that is found after that, or they don't have time to address, gets added to the hotfix (before we even get a version they've already deep into working on the version after that).
I'm sure their contract has some sort of wiggle room/movability, but broadly they need to make a decision quickly into the PTB about what they want to go with for release.
Now, what they could do, is not work on such a tight schedule, but that would likely mean less frequent releases which isn't going to happen.
All perks were reverted to "normal" or only the ones associated with the anti tunneling/slugging system? Because some perks could really benefit by the changes
Clairvoyance
Friendly Competition
No Mither
Leader
Lucky Star
Pharmacy
Poised
Quick Gambit
All Shaking Thunder
Dark Arrogance
Ruin
Oppression
Septic Touch
I feel like ruin was only being buffed due to the gen kick reward for fresh hook. Since killers using ruin can't kick gens to receive THAT benefit, they simply buffed ruin abit instead.
All perks were reverted to "normal" or only the ones associated with the anti tunneling/slugging system? Because some perks could really benefit by the changes
Clairvoyance
Friendly Competition
No Mither
Leader
Lucky Star
Pharmacy
Poised
Quick Gambit
All Shaking Thunder
Dark Arrogance
Ruin
Oppression
Septic Touch
Apparently the perks that are going to be changed have been leaked. I didnt find any official statement by the devs
No Mither is not on the list? Why? 100% no grunts of pain is really too strong for the perk?
Why Hope is still getting nerfed? So the survivor plays the entire match with 1 less perk only to get to the endgame with a weaker version?
Vigil nerf is also a slap in the face. Just bring back the first version of the perk (before the Nightmare rework), which it was 30% 8 meters. Nobody was complaining about that.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
This is good in theory.
In practice, you also need to be consistent with responses. Because being inconsistent about who you listen to, and when, and how you respond, is a quick way to be accused of bias.
Tell me about it. All I do is a brief read through the new perks, see that they're all uninteresting compared to what I already run, and then hop in. New Killer tunnels relentlessly every trial, so there's no reason to try to bone up on their powers or perks before I go against them. All around boring, in my opinion. But at least the new Survivors can be fun to play. I like Rick, even if he burps on the hook.
I am so glad I was on vacation during that patch. It was reverted the day after I got home so I never had to experience it. 😅
I mean, I guess you can accuse them of whatever you want, but I don't think the inconsistency is really about supporting players who prefer one character over another — I think it's just that BHVR is not super consistent about anything as their normal way of doing business. There are times when they communicate really well, and times when they communicate really poorly. There are times when they're super careful and take things slowly and there are times when they rush something out when it's clearly not done. I'd like to praise them when they're slow and careful and communicating well.
Not to keep just adding onto your posts, but also:
If this was a rare thing, I think we'd all be more forgiving. Everyone makes mistakes after all. But its become a running joke that they will introduce things and either radically change them or remove it entirely once they are actually faced with feedback.
We recently got a promise of better communications and that they'd reevaluate how they do things. Except we again get the same thing with a Friday news drop.
or or or… and hear me out on this one… these changes obviously and easily punished killers who were not tunneling… AND you already have tools to combat tunneling USE THEM.
I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm saying that, in general, being consistent is how you avoid the appearance of bias.
My actual opinion is that BHVR seems to "listen to feedback" by the loudest voices. Which makes it feel like the game direction is sometimes chosen by the very loud minority of people who care about no one other than themselves.
There doesn't appear to be a clear, or consistent direction or game philosophy. I didn't think I've ever once seen anyone officially come out and say anything to the effect of "this does/doesn't align with the game vision or game design". Anything goes as long as the holy, and arbitrary, 60% kill rate is maintained.
Although I'm not sure that's better.
I am confused. Do the devs dont have the technology to extend the ptb and do some tweaks in the ptb? Or do they really want to push the dlc and Myers update as quickly as possible?
Most of the problems are number tweaks outside sadako and pig situation. And they could have scrapped like 50% of the gen regression nerfs (like seriously kicking eruption in its grave is overkill). Specially when you take in account the limit of regression events on a gen.
With tweaks in the ptb and some additional changes at launch this would have been fine.
Do the devs dont have the technology to extend the ptb and do some tweaks in the ptb?Mostly no.
With the console companies patches/updates need to be submitted to them ahead of release for testing, and these have to be scheduled.
It's really the first few days of the PTB that matter the most. BHVR has to make a decision on what they're doing, make that build, and get to Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo so it can go through their testing process so it can be released. Anything that is found after that, or they don't have time to address, gets added to the hotfix (before we even get a version they've already deep into working on the version after that).
I'm sure their contract has some sort of wiggle room/movability, but broadly they need to make a decision quickly into the PTB about what they want to go with for release.
Now, what they could do, is not work on such a tight schedule, but that would likely mean less frequent releases which isn't going to happen.
I feel like ruin was only being buffed due to the gen kick reward for fresh hook. Since killers using ruin can't kick gens to receive THAT benefit, they simply buffed ruin abit instead.
Apparently the perks that are going to be changed have been leaked. I didnt find any official statement by the devs
No Mither is not on the list? Why? 100% no grunts of pain is really too strong for the perk?
Why Hope is still getting nerfed? So the survivor plays the entire match with 1 less perk only to get to the endgame with a weaker version?
Vigil nerf is also a slap in the face. Just bring back the first version of the perk (before the Nightmare rework), which it was 30% 8 meters. Nobody was complaining about that.