This game is becoming so survivor sided

So what happens if you hook survivor A

You then cannot find survivors B, C and D but survivor A makes a mistake and you hook them again, this is only two hooks and you may have the intention of not tunnelling them out of the game. they get mad and let themselves die on hook, you now can’t kick gens and the remaining survivors get a gen boost.

How is this fair?

Also what about blood point and medal progression for regressing gens if you can’t regress them at all?

Comments

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990130#Comment_3990130

    Because searching for the "weakest link" isn't a part of this process in any way. You're just chasing the first person you see into they die.

    You're trying to imply there's some calculated strategy here, where the reality is it's literally a "shut off your brain" and "chase the first thing that moves until it dies".

    If you get lucky and get fast chases, then that results in a steamroll win. If you get unlucky and find the strong link, you can still lose (although the "good" survivor is still likely to die).

    Maps have been nerfed, pallets weakened, loops nerfed, tile spawn logic required to avoid chaining. This isn't 2018 with literal infinites, it's 2025 with entire maps of dead zones. Getting chased and downed isn't a "skill issue" when the last few years have all been pushing to make those chases shorter (demonstrably, with stats to show that was successful). Not by skill, by literally stacking the deck in the killers favor.

    So even with this "strategy" killers can still manage to win games quite often because the mechanics to stop it simply didn't exist in live yet. The band aid perks are merely suggestions the killer can freely ignore.

    That's a lot of words to say you feel entitled to win when you're not a good player.

  • @Green_Sliche said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990254#Comment_3990254

    What pray tell will competent survivors be doing while killer is trying to figure out which one of them is weakest and is worth focusing their attention to?

    If you're actually spreading pressure, then the answer to

    What pray tell will competent survivors be doing while killer is trying to figure out which one of them is weakest and is worth focusing their attention to?

    Is being chased and not on gens.

    The big thing you're missing here is that this happens right now. It's just simply RNG if you get a "good" survivor first, and a map with decent resources, and a host of other factors the game actively randomizes in the match.

    You're really hard focused on this whole "weakest link" thing, when the actual question is what are you giving the survivors to do besides gens?

    Because the answer for at least 2-3 of them is "nothing" when you tunnel the first person you see. Then likely screaming "gen rush" when the others are doing the default action of gens.

    If this kind of system actually breaks through and gets people like you to even try spreading pressure you'll actually see a pretty big impact on gen speeds, since survivors who are hooked, recovering, doing side objectives (killer power, hexes, etc), hiding, or being chased are automatically not doing gens.

    All you have to do is not leave them completely alone. And with this new system, you get buffed and rewarded for doing that.

  • @Coffee2Go said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990226#Comment_3990226

    I think you can probably vouch for me and so can

    @Pulsar Related to my myers post from few weeks ago where i complained higher mmr lobbies are not that playable because of how i cant spread hooks well no reward and i have to run meta perks.

    Yet here we are finally BHVR doing something allowing killers to not rune pop, bbq, or PWYF even.

    Generally speaking im really happy that this is coming i can finally feel happy to run grim embrace in my build.

    The post i posted related to myers at 78%+ killrate where its not viable because cordinated teams and by the time i find them they finished gens and such.

    They will not be as good as you think they will be, I hate to burst your bubble.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990235#Comment_3990235

    They will not be as good as you think they will be, I hate to burst your bubble.

    What was the average again? Like 48%?

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990255#Comment_3990255

    But also, how can she improve if a killer identifies her as the weakest link and tunnels her out with minimal gameplay? The longer the weaker players can stay in the match, the more time they have to improve at skill checks, learn maps, understand gen and totem placements, try to identify and counter killer perks, etc.

    Ops. My bad.
    What I meant is how she'll improve in CHASES. All the rest she's pretty decent (because you don't need skills for them, just a sharp mind that can memorize things)

    @Green_Sliche said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990254#Comment_3990254

    What pray tell will competent survivors be doing while killer is trying to figure out which one of them is weakest and is worth focusing their attention to?

    That's another issue.
    Sometimes you find a surv that is indeed better than you. Part of the process of playing killer efficiently is knowing this and go after another surv.
    Chasing these survs is a good way to improve, but there's a limit on how many matches you can lose before going mad.😂

    @Green_Sliche said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990255#Comment_3990255

    I'm an average survivor myself and I can only give one advice to your friend which I follow myself - play and practice more. It would had been far better environment for beginners if devs introduced Bot Killers that are present in 2v8 for custom match with variable difficulty settings. Right now beginners are simply thrown to the pit and are forced to learn or drop the game entirely.

    Makes sense, but these "tunneling scenarios" are great to put your skills on test.
    What I mean is that BHVR should stop taking survs by the hand so much because:

    1-How will they improve?
    2-Favoring survs because they are the ones who spend more money in skins is a trash move and makes sense in a financial way, but I think they keep forgetting that they need people to want to play killer or else this game dies.

    @Coffee2Go said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990266#Comment_3990266

    Pretty sure thats on the survivor issue and cause, if u hook them as in 1st hook state they will make it also a thing where u wont get a penalty if they somehow decide to sacrifice a random which they probably wont it loses them a game in 3v1.

    That said its gonna be polished before public release and many creators pointed it out

    Hope so.There's also other two things bothering me:

    1-Tunneling survs is indeed a more efficient way to win as killer, but survs will still be able to "tunnel" gens and nothing is being done to prevent crap like Hyperfocus+Stakeout.
    2-They'll also keep using their 2nd chance crap anyways and now weaponizing them against the killer more than ever.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990235#Comment_3990235

    They will not be as good as you think they will be, I hate to burst your bubble.

    If its

    Haste - 5%

    Pop - 15-20%

    Base BBQ

    Then that all three basically kinda secure me the win unless i go up againts a highly cordinated teams in vc that can fully counter any proc at any given time and still go for saves and do gens no matter the pressure.

    Not even my ego talking just how it is since i tried running many meta perk combos and generally speaking i always either lacked pop, bbq, haste, mainly haste in my build for chases.

    And since myers is getting these new changes i think i can manage quite well againts 4 man swfs

    It will be a battle of skill clash not battle of who has better perk stacking

  • I was speaking to the basekit effects given to Killers.

    I believe they are assuming that these effects will replace, or substitute, for perks.

    They will not. They could be impactful, but they are not going to be basekit Pop or Corrupt or PWYF.

    The only one that I think is safe bet is BBQ-basekit. Even then, the perk has to justify it's existence by doing something significantly better or different than the effect.

  • @Coffee2Go said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990310#Comment_3990310

    If its

    Haste - 5%

    Pop - 15-20%

    Base BBQ

    Then that all three basically kinda secure me the win unless i go up againts a highly cordinated teams in vc that can fully counter any proc at any given time and still go for saves and do gens no matter the pressure.

    Not even my ego talking just how it is since i tried running many meta perk combos and generally speaking i always either lacked pop, bbq, haste, mainly haste in my build for chases.

    And since myers is getting these new changes i think i can manage quite well againts 4 man swfs

    It will be a battle of skill clash not battle of who has better perk stacking

    Pop might be an additional 5% total progress.

    Anything more and the regression starts to get a little heavy.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990287#Comment_3990287

    If you're actually spreading pressure, then the answer to

    What pray tell will competent survivors be doing while killer is trying to figure out which one of them is weakest and is worth focusing their attention to?

    Is being chased and not on gens.

    The big thing you're missing here is that this happens right now. It's just simply RNG if you get a "good" survivor first, and a map with decent resources, and a host of other factors the game actively randomizes in the match.

    You're really hard focused on this whole "weakest link" thing, when the actual question is what are you giving the survivors to do besides gens?

    Because the answer for at least 2-3 of them is "nothing" when you tunnel the first person you see. Then likely screaming "gen rush" when the others are doing the default action of gens.

    If this kind of system actually breaks through and gets people like you to even try spreading pressure you'll actually see a pretty big impact on gen speeds, since survivors who are hooked, recovering, doing side objectives (killer power, hexes, etc), hiding, or being chased are automatically not doing gens.

    All you have to do is not leave them completely alone. And with this new system, you get buffed and rewarded for doing that.

    All I see in your post is that killer should be a circus dog and run around looking for a new target every time.

    You still refuse to address the fact that survivors who are competent and are not being chased will be simply doing gens uncontested. For some reason you also don't take the power difference that killers in entire killer roster do have.

    You use the argument of spreading pressure but I doubt you even understand what it is to spread pressure by the killer in the first place. In your view every killer can find, initiate and most certainly win any chase in every situation. You refuse to realize that what devs are currently doing is taking more and more ways that the said pressure on survivors could had been applied.

    If you still refuse to see this - there's nothing I can say that will help you broaden your vision. You can continue staying in some sort of denial or delusion if that makes you feel right or better.

  • @Dadeordye said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990288#Comment_3990288

    Ops. My bad.
    What I meant is how she'll improve in CHASES. All the rest she's pretty decent (because you don't need skills for them, just a sharp mind that can memorize things)

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990287#Comment_3990287

    That's another issue.
    Sometimes you find a surv that is indeed better than you. Part of the process of playing killer efficiently is knowing this and go after another surv.
    Chasing these survs is a good way to improve, but there's a limit on how many matches you can lose before going mad.😂

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990284#Comment_3990284

    Makes sense, but these "tunneling scenarios" are great to put your skills on test.
    What I mean is that BHVR should stop taking survs by the hand so much because:

    1-How will they improve?
    2-Favoring survs because they are the ones who spend more money in skins is a trash move and makes sense in a financial way, but I think they keep forgetting that they need people to want to play killer or else this game dies.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990272#Comment_3990272

    Hope so.There's also other two things bothering me:

    1-Tunneling survs is indeed a more efficient way to win as killer, but survs will still be able to "tunnel" gens and nothing is being done to prevent crap like Hyperfocus+Stakeout.
    2-They'll also keep using their 2nd chance crap anyways and now weaponizing them against the killer more than ever.

    I've never really improved by being attacked again as soon as I'm unhooked and downed before I can even get to a safe spot for looping. It's not like chases are ending now, they're being spread out.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990318#Comment_3990318

    I was speaking to the basekit effects given to Killers.

    I believe they are assuming that these effects will replace, or substitute, for perks.

    They will not. They could be impactful, but they are not going to be basekit Pop or Corrupt or PWYF.

    The only one that I think is safe bet is BBQ-basekit. Even then, the perk has to justify it's existence by doing something significantly better or different than the effect.

    With all the perk changes in mind, it's gonna have to be comparable to basekit BT. Weaker than anything you can bring, but not totally useless. Unless they decide to make the basekit strong and then buff the perks to be stronger, but that's not a very safe bet.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990321#Comment_3990321

    Pop might be an additional 5% total progress.

    Anything more and the regression starts to get a little heavy.

    Im going to assume that they will start of by making all 3 basekit from current existing values and then either adjust the values of existing perks itself or give them aditional status effect that they will be given

    5% would be generally too low and kinda absurd in comparison to the value that tunneling 3v1 would get you.

    If they make it 10% ill take that but ideally i would want current pop values and haste at 5% not slower.

  • @Green_Sliche said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990298#Comment_3990298

    You sadly expect too much. Especially in a game where eliminating your opponent asap is pretty much the main goal for one side.

    Yet here we are, with a massive overall to the whole system for that very reason. Because people can't exercise good sportmanship on their own the game will now force them to. Had a match with a Sadako yesterday where every person was slugged at least 5 times. Had a Spirit play the same way and humped everyone repeatedly. This constant trashy, miserable playing is why we're here.

    I play fair and all I'm getting from this as killer is a huge buff.

  • @Green_Sliche said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990277#Comment_3990277

    Great post mate.

    Now you can switch back to your main account.

    this is my main, i never post on here lol besides sometimes.

    ######### is even that response lmao

  • @Coffee2Go said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990323#Comment_3990323

    Im going to assume that they will start of by making all 3 basekit from current existing values and then either adjust the values of existing perks itself or give them aditional status effect that they will be given

    5% would be generally too low and kinda absurd in comparison to the value that tunneling 3v1 would get you.

    If they make it 10% ill take that but ideally i would want current pop values and haste at 5% not slower.

    What we want really doesn't matter, nor what we assume.

    We will wait for Tuesday.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990319#Comment_3990319

    I've never really improved by being attacked again as soon as I'm unhooked and downed before I can even get to a safe spot for looping. It's not like chases are ending now, they're being spread out.

    I learn faster under pressure. Helped me a lot to think faster in extreme situations, but I agree that this is not for everyone/everyone learns at their pace.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990339#Comment_3990339

    What we want really doesn't matter, nor what we assume.

    We will wait for Tuesday.

    I hope they speak more about the changes and values before release since it riled up the people and content creators

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990319#Comment_3990319

    I've never really improved by being attacked again as soon as I'm unhooked and downed before I can even get to a safe spot for looping. It's not like chases are ending now, they're being spread out.

    The birth of the "shift-W" meta seems to imply that was most players. More sweat-oriented players do take more to eating a ton of crap until they best the cheesiest tactics, and I'm always thankful when I'm matched with them against the Killers that employ it the most while I play gen jockey, but the majority are definitely struggling.

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990329#Comment_3990329

    The birth of the "shift-W" meta seems to imply that was most players. More sweat-oriented players do take more to eating a ton of crap until they best the cheesiest tactics, and I'm always thankful when I'm matched with them against the Killers that employ it the most while I play gen jockey, but the majority are definitely struggling.

    Chase also just isn't my favorite. I don't run any chase perks. I'm also a gen jockey, and I like being sneaky and stealthy. I like looking for hex totems. Objectives are more interesting to me. I wish there were more things to do. I don't really enjoy running in a circle endlessly.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990347#Comment_3990347

    Chase also just isn't my favorite. I don't run any chase perks. I'm also a gen jockey, and I like being sneaky and stealthy. I like looking for hex totems. Objectives are more interesting to me. I wish there were more things to do. I don't really enjoy running in a circle endlessly.

    Same, same. 😔 That's one of the reasons No Mither is in my top 5. It's also what's made the last 3 years so painful.

  • @Soapy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990148#Comment_3990148

    I know right let me hold their hand as a survivor make them feel safe with a hot blanket and Choco haha

    the changes are here and its worse than what i said lol, crazy how little thinking could have prevented useless coding for bad mechanics

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    There are a good amount of mechanics proposed to help you find a different Survivor to hook and keep track of who was previously hooked to avoid that. You only get locked out of regressing gens if you hard tunnel the same Survivor in spite of those mechanics. Which means that you are being held accountable for deliberately forcing someone out of the trial.

    Good amount of mechanics?

    To find a new target, killers literally only get a nerfed basekit BBQ, that survivors can easily dodge, and very often shows zero people even if the killer is spreading hooks.

    And if basekit BBQ shows zero people, then it’s just too bad for the killer, because they need to wander around the map and hope they find someone new, instead of accidentally finding someone that’s considered a “tunnel” survivor.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3990061#Comment_3990061

    Good amount of mechanics?

    To find a new target, killers literally only get a nerfed basekit BBQ, that survivors can easily dodge, and very often shows zero people even if the killer is spreading hooks.

    And if basekit BBQ shows zero people, then it’s just too bad for the killer, because they need to wander around the map and hope they find someone new, instead of accidentally finding someone that’s considered a “tunnel” survivor.

    Now, now, is it really fair to hold me to a post made pre-PTB a week ago while we're all seeing these changes in motion right now?

    I wouldn't mind seeing stronger incentives to help the Killer navigate after a successful hook. Even a week ago, I was saying that Killer should be able to see how many hook states each Survivor has. Preferably with the anti-tunnel measures still in place.

1 2 3 ›