The Exit Gates...
So, exit gates take the same amount of time that healing does now, both are 16 seconds. I think it should be a little longer, maybe 20 seconds. I don't know if this would interfere with any future endgame plans, but I think it's a top priority anyways.
If someone has leader and you have wake up, you can open the gates in ~10 seconds. The endgame can be very important for killer, so it's a small thing that would help.
Thoughts?
Comments
Something needs to be done to slow them down.
Killer wins and the survivor gets a hatch free escape.
Survivors win and open the gates insanely fast...gate is also survivor sided.
Both outcomes favor the survivors whether they are losing or winning.
Honestly the gates need to take longer, be kickable to regress and eventually re close after a set amount of time and be forced to re open them.
If you are on the opposite side of the map the far gate is literally open before you get there even if you B-line it straight there as fast as you can.
1 minute to escape when gates are open before they close, and have to reopen them again, and double the amount of time to reopen 32 seconds to open second time. Plus if you have 6 stacks of remember me adds to it every time.
you got a lot of perks to help you gain advantage once all gens are finished, make better use of them. They even give you an opening time for gates that you can still alter with such perks but then again I should spend even way more time doing it so you can have a free kill. How about earning something once in a while?
What made you earn a 16 second gate opening time? No one has "earned" anything here.
Jesus, just add the secondary objective..
I'd be fine if they kept the doors as they are but changed that.
When people finally understand that the increasing the time for repairing a gen, healing or opening the exit gates doesn't really help a game...
If there inside and the gate closed just have it automatically force them out
Well, I think you need to stop setting up a strawman here. I could use the same "YOU GENRUSHED AS SWF" strawman against you. If you deserved to escape, there wouldn't be an exit gate timer, you would just be able to leave. I'm saying if it's to stay as an objective, it should be treated as such.
I could literally take this entire shpeel and replace gates with the hatch. You think the hatch is "earned" when 3 of you died while failing to do your objective and the 4th guy escapes for free?
Remembers that perks exist to counter exit speeds
...
Prime example of an entitled survivor main. No one deserves anything. Yeah killers have NOED, but YOU have DS. So just sit down, shut up, and stop being so damn entitled.
You're asking for free escapes then. You need to separate yourself from the worthless strawman of "deserving" kills and escapes. It's purely skill and luck. Nothing to do with who "deserves" it. It's your fault if you didn't manage the gates properly as a survivor, and it's your fault if you didn't stop the gates as killer. That's why I made this thread, because sometimes you cannot do anything about gates as killer.
Do you think you should have to use a perk to be able to utilize an objective as killer?
On the other side, do you think you should have to use perks to be able to escape the killer in a chase?
Are either of these considered "skilled"?
Using endgame perks is assuming defeat. What if you're using a normal killer build and run into a 4 man prove thyself SWF? You have no chance then, especially with 16 second gate times.
That's true. But I'm saying what if? Game balance always takes into consideration the highest skill level first.
Well now you're just copping out
Gates are 20 seconds yes? Not 16?
They've been 16 seconds for quite a while. I believe it's somewhere in the 1.9.0 patch notes.
You just end up with another stand off to complain about, I just watched the end game with 2 survivors avoiding the gates because they didn’t want to get killed, while Myers was
running between them both, 15 mins until one eventually got caught and the other had found the hatch by then, adding extra time as standard will not really effect survivors but will get killers complaining. I can see the posts now about survivors holding game hostage because they won’t go to open the gates, the reason they have 2 in the first place.
you can use perks to add time to this if the end game is that important for you, if it’s not important enough for a perk slot it’s not important enough to implement it into a survivor as standard