Fog Vials block projectile attacks

It's been discovered that Fog from Fog vials has a invisible wall that can block projectile attacks like Plague Vomit, Hatchets, Trickster Knives, Unknown Uvx, Springtrap Axe all projectiles.

https://x.com/magi_N7/status/1953678060513058846?t=X3uBBryj-CcXUx9wMyCrzA&s=19

Comments

  • Another nerf incoming

  • @BbQz said:

    Another nerf incoming

    An item really shouldn't be able to block killers powers in the first place.

  • my condolences. Submitting a bug report.

  • @TheGoone said:

    It's been discovered that Fog from Fog vials has a invisible wall that can block projectile attacks like Plague Vomit, Hatchets, Trickster Knives all projectiles.

    https://x.com/magi_N7/status/1953678060513058846?t=X3uBBryj-CcXUx9wMyCrzA&s=19

    That has to be from the last small patch now, before you could hit with hatchets for sure. I only played huntress xD

    How does something like this even happen? It shouldn't even have a hitbox at all xD

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/453453/fog-vials-block-projectile-attacks

    That has to be from the last small patch now, before you could hit with hatchets for sure. I only played huntress xD

    How does something like this even happen? It shouldn't even have a hitbox at all xD

    If you're in the fog it's supposed to disable certain effects, maybe they use a hitbox to detect if you're in the fog and they forgot to disable projectile collisions lmao

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/453453/fog-vials-block-projectile-attacks

    That has to be from the last small patch now, before you could hit with hatchets for sure. I only played huntress xD

    How does something like this even happen? It shouldn't even have a hitbox at all xD

    from what i can tell from the clip, i guess maybe in changing the actual sphere for the fog they. gave it a hitbox if youre not inside? obviously the area inside is coded differently to apply the aura blindness and audio effects, but why it has collision at all is beyond me. maybe the reused some other sphere in game that has collision with powers (my best guess is unknowns uvx shot when it makes contact) and didnt realize it still had that property? thats the only way i can spin it in my head

  • I really appreciate you flagging this! I've raised this to the team so that they can investigate.

  • @TheGoone said:

    It's been discovered that Fog from Fog vials has a invisible wall that can block projectile attacks like Plague Vomit, Hatchets, Trickster Knives all projectiles.

    https://x.com/magi_N7/status/1953678060513058846?t=X3uBBryj-CcXUx9wMyCrzA&s=19

    Tbh, at this point, can we just walk back the entire Walking Dead chapter and give it the much needed QoLs it NEEDS? This chapter was so far from ready to release and the players have to just deal with it.

    I don’t mean to be so negative about this chapter, but it should’ve been a huge and successful chapter. Walking Dead has so many seasons and 450,000 spin-offs for a reason. It got botched so incredibly hard, just like Springtrap, that Behavior keeps shooting themselves in the foot over and over again for things that really should be huge successes!

    But whether it’s greed, higher up overlords forcing them to release unfinished products anyway, or what, but something needs to change. If chapter after chapter wasn’t always a giant, rushed, bugged mess, this game could have so much more success and new players actually sticking around.

    If I came for Tokyo Ghoul and had to play that mess of coding, I wouldn’t stick around either…

    Again, I don’t mean to be rude, Behavior, but I’m trying to give very harsh, serious constructive feedback. You need to change for this game to grow.

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    I really appreciate you flagging this! I've raised this to the team so that they can investigate.

    That's a good thing considering how Favor The Killer lets laggy vomit hit you. Not to mention The Executioner's Torment Trail being invisible on your screen, but it still inflicts Torment on the Survivor. Put some urgency on these issues that impact the Survivor experience.

  • @BbQz said:

    Another nerf incoming

    shouldn't be a thing to begin with unless coded and meant to work that way tbh…

    tho i don't think they need another nerf, fog viles atm feel balanced im sure a certain person is not gonna agree lol

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    I really appreciate you flagging this! I've raised this to the team so that they can investigate.

    maybe the fog vials were summoning Jim the Beam

  • @ratcoffee said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3980229#Comment_3980229

    If you're in the fog it's supposed to disable certain effects, maybe they use a hitbox to detect if you're in the fog and they forgot to disable projectile collisions lmao

    @gerolau said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3980229#Comment_3980229

    from what i can tell from the clip, i guess maybe in changing the actual sphere for the fog they. gave it a hitbox if youre not inside? obviously the area inside is coded differently to apply the aura blindness and audio effects, but why it has collision at all is beyond me. maybe the reused some other sphere in game that has collision with powers (my best guess is unknowns uvx shot when it makes contact) and didnt realize it still had that property? thats the only way i can spin it in my head

    Both could be. I find it funny somehow - no one uses them anyways so that's probably not a huge issue xD

  • The whole thing is a complete buggy mess at the moment. Played four survivor games this evening as Taurie, in two of them the game crashed and kicked me from the match the second I started healing myself with a med kit.

    Switched to killer as there seemed no point playing survivor if it was going to keep crashing. Played as Bubba and in the second game my chainsaw just stopped working halfway through the match so I was stuck as an M1 killer the rest of the game.

    Just turned it off after that. No point in playing. The game needs fixing desperately.

  • @TWS001 said:

    The whole thing is a complete buggy mess at the moment. Played four survivor games this evening as Taurie, in two of them the game crashed and kicked me from the match the second I started healing myself with a med kit.

    Switched to killer as there seemed no point playing survivor if it was going to keep crashing. Played as Bubba and in the second game my chainsaw just stopped working halfway through the match so I was stuck as an M1 killer the rest of the game.

    Just turned it off after that. No point in playing. The game needs fixing desperately.

    dang, even Bubba is messed up?

  • Yeah, I think it's an old bug that seems to have appeared again.