Thank you devs, very cool!

Theres been a lot of bad totem spawns lately, thought I'd share a really good one i had! It was ruin too.

Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
That totem spot isn't bad. It's been here for ages I think a year or something. I've learnt to predict it as survivor but yeah most survivors do not seem to understand that spot. But if they play killer enough, they will know it.
It is, and as someone who can easily memorize totems spawns, these new ones caught me fairly off guard. Like, specifically this one.
It's actually positioned in the point where you HAVE to view it from a certain angle to see it, which btw in this case, considering the cow tree is right behind that pallet, wouldn't be often at all..
Obviously, if you just turn out camera more or just walk towards it from the angle that the Killer's in right now currently, it isn't hard to spot.
But boi, have I missed dozens of totems at first from this spawn. It's a good spot that requires you to look, atleast.
It's specifically new, they added the LOS blocker with the barrel. Also, moving the location slightly. I've noticed it on some maps, mainly the older ones.
Oohh same spot, but with an added barrel!
It's just like putting a totem around the killer shack inside the killer shack! GENIUS!
Running haunted grounds only is the right attitude..... BHVR will never fix the totem mechanic sadly
If the survivors had ears or where any type of observant, they could have heard it burning, or seen it through the cracks.
General knowledge for totems should also be to check areas that are common for totem spawns, this being one of them.
There is a great one hidden in Autohaven Wreckers in the main garage on Wretched Shop, with the car in the middle, at the very back of the room behind some tyres. "God bless Small game!" is all I can say!
There's stuff like this...
Then there's the devs insisting on keeping Totems on hills.
Idc how hidden you keep them on hills, as long as players know they can spawn on hills, they'll search them.
And hills are hard to miss.
I am sure nobody saw that totem..... xD Right? @Speshul_Kitten
killers should be able to place their own totems, like traps! There’s no reason this shouldn’t be implemented as a standard part of game play
I think the devs are kind of afraid that the killers will find places that will not allow survivors to break the totems.
But I agree, it should be implemented somehow.
Great, but backwater swamp have still the best totem spawn
This! Instead of reworking the entire spawns and maybe fixing the problem of totems they could just implement this and the problem is 100% solved.It could even be done during the load screen with a time limit so game play isn't effected.
Or the killer could just spawn with it and place it just like the traps get placed.
I also don’t think any totems should be lit, they should all be dull and stay that way, there is no need to make them easier to spot for a survivor.
Totems need to have more risk added to them, so that cleansing them causes an effect on the survivor.
It puts me at one end of the map and my totem at the other. There are 2 gens near it, one at each side. I walk over and both gens are being worked on as the survivors spawned there so needless to say it wasn't long before they cleansed it.
But these barrels and stuff....some are kinda crap, some are actually pretty good. Can't remember the map but I did have a good one the other day where you couldn't see it unless you were at the side near to the wall.
While that's certainly a problem, it'd remove pressure from devs to try and find places that satisfy Hex users and let us find our own places instead. (I already have a pretty cheeky spot in mind for Disturbed Ward.)
Besides, we'd be QA testers: We'd find spots, and then either we report them or we get reported by Survivors and they'll fix it.
They can put boundary detectors on placements too, like how Bear Traps have them, so we can't squeeze them between two objects and making it impossible to cleanse.
I've been around for a while.
I'm VERY certain they know about placing Totems for a while now.