Whats up with all the dejavu rn?

I track my games with nightlight and i saw this ramp up in dejavu, i have at least one EVERY game.

currently my most seen perks are as follow:

Windows of opportunity

DS

Lithe

Dead Hard

Unbreakable

Dejavu

Items:

123 medkits in 53 games (2+ per game)

92 FL

63 boxes

Offerings i got 35 escape cakes, and 35 Hatch on shack IN 53 GAMES.

Comments

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948815#Comment_3948815

    I'm blaming both sides of the game, not just the survivors. Expecting the killer to commit to chases, is telling them they should've just taken the loss instead.

    Except that's… The point of the game. The killer is supposed to chase and down survivors, not deadlock the entire match and expect the survivors to just surrender!

  • @TimberGoingDown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948815#Comment_3948815

    So you're saying that if the killer had the chance to down the survivors and get a 4k, they wouldn't have taken it? I don't believe you. Their strategy was slowing down the game in order to give her time to win the game, not hit the time limit.

    No, we're talking about the period of time where 3-gens were so ironclad that a guy with zero skill managed to lock one of the best survivor teams in the world into a match lasting 49 minutes. This specific tactic's goal was not to buy time for a chance to win the game, it was specifically to run out the clock and get the win for hitting the 60 minute mark.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948827#Comment_3948827

    No, we're talking about the period of time where 3-gens were so ironclad that a guy with zero skill managed to lock one of the best survivor teams in the world into a match lasting 49 minutes. This specific tactic's goal was not to buy time for a chance to win the game, it was specifically to run out the clock and get the win for hitting the 60 minute mark.

    BS. I've ran that same tactic, and the goal was always to down survivors and clinch the W.

  • @TimberGoingDown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948902#Comment_3948902

    BS. I've ran that same tactic, and the goal was always to down survivors and clinch the W.

    And you are all killer players?

  • Can you read this particular killer player's mind? Unless they came out and said that that's what they were doing, then you can't say that they were trying to wait out the clock.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948820#Comment_3948820

    Except that's… The point of the game. The killer is supposed to chase and down survivors, not deadlock the entire match and expect the survivors to just surrender!

    The point of the game is also for survivors to repair generators, and part of the reason why we have the AFK crow changes is because survivors were sometimes refusing to commit to generators.

  • @TimberGoingDown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948913#Comment_3948913

    Can you read this particular killer player's mind? Unless they came out and said that that's what they were doing, then you can't say that they were trying to wait out the clock.

    Here's a link to the infamous "chess merchant" thread.

    @dbdthegame said:

    Today, Team Eternal - the top comp team in the game - played against a P100 Skull Merchant streamer, who I won't name, who camped a 3-gen from the start of the match on Torment Creek. The entire match lasted 50 minutes, and only through perfect coordination were Eternal able to break the 3-gen. If it takes almost enough time for the game to end for the best team in the world to break a 3-gen, what's the average pub solo Q team expected to do?

    There is absolutely no excuse for this killer to continue to exist in her current configuration. She needs to be killswitched until something better can be made of her.

    EDIT: This game also showcased a critical design flaw with Overcharge, that was never removed when the perk was nerfed: the perk still guarantees a skill check, which regresses 15% of the generator if it is failed. Team Eternal - the best team in the world - failed the skill check numerous times. An infinitely recharging difficult skill check that regresses 15% of a generator shouldn't exist, and is just as problematic as old Call of Brine and old Overcharge were for the game. The skill check either needs to have a hefty cooldown attached to it, or be significantly easier to hit (I'm talking 2x the current size). As it stands, Overcharge is much stronger than Call of Brine, and Call of Brine is just a much worse version of Surveillance.

    This player was one of many in this meta that used this strategy.

    Here's a video link showcasing that game. This is one of the best comp teams in the world being held hostage by some random, average killer player. No attempt to down, commit to chase, the only thing that matters was holding a 3 gen and then letting the match expire after an hour.

    This was the "3 gen meta", where killers would just hold gens the entire match and not leave the 3 gen, not even down people, because they just won because the perks were overpowered. And this was meta.

    I took a break from the game for a year because of this "strategy" of people playing "gen kick simulator". And they did it because it made the game PVE (with the extra bonus of getting to defeat actual players) and took basically zero skill.

    It took several rounds of perk nerfs, a killer rework, and even then the only thing that stopped people doing it was the addition of the regression limit.

    There's no defending this.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948917#Comment_3948917

    Here's a link to the infamous "chess merchant" thread.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/384292/we-need-to-talk-about-skull-merchant

    This player was one of many in this meta that used this strategy.

    Here's a video link showcasing that game. This is one of the best comp teams in the world being held hostage by some random, average killer player. No attempt to down, commit to chase, the only thing that matters was holding a 3 gen and then letting the match expire after an hour.

    This was the "3 gen meta", where killers would just hold gens the entire match and not leave the 3 gen, not even down people, because they just won because the perks were overpowered. And this was meta.

    I took a break from the game for a year because of this "strategy" of people playing "gen kick simulator". And they did it because it made the game PVE (with the extra bonus of getting to defeat actual players) and took basically zero skill.

    It took several rounds of perk nerfs, a killer rework, and even then the only thing that stopped people doing it was the addition of the regression limit.

    There's no defending this.

    So… you have no idea what was going through this random average player's head.

    What I also want to know is what "the best team in the world" was doing playing against some "random average player." Shouldn't they be off in some ridiculous MMR getting slapped by a p100 Blight?

    If anything, this shows how absolutely absurd matchmaking is in this game. Average players shouldn't get matched up with comp teams. If that means that the comp team has to sit in matchmaking for an hour until Lilith Omen or a comp Nurse comes available, then so be it.

  • @TimberGoingDown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948942#Comment_3948942

    So… you have no idea what was going through this random average player's head.

    What I also want to know is what "the best team in the world" was doing playing against some "random average player." Shouldn't they be off in some ridiculous MMR getting slapped by a p100 Blight?

    If anything, this shows how absolutely absurd matchmaking is in this game. Average players shouldn't get matched up with comp teams. If that means that the comp team has to sit in matchmaking for an hour until Lilith Omen or a comp Nurse comes available, then so be it.

    This was obviously a custom match. Come on.

  • @TimberGoingDown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948942#Comment_3948942

    So… you have no idea what was going through this random average player's head.

    What I also want to know is what "the best team in the world" was doing playing against some "random average player." Shouldn't they be off in some ridiculous MMR getting slapped by a p100 Blight?

    If anything, this shows how absolutely absurd matchmaking is in this game. Average players shouldn't get matched up with comp teams. If that means that the comp team has to sit in matchmaking for an hour until Lilith Omen or a comp Nurse comes available, then so be it.

    This isn't a random game.

    The killer was a streamer who challenged them and they played a custom match.

    The mentality here doesn't matter, because you don't know what anyone else is thinking either. You keep bringing this up, but it doesn't prove or disprove anything. Fixating on it is meaningless because neither of us is psychic.

    (Or maybe I am psychic, and i know for a fact you can't know what I'm thinking because you aren't. You can't disprove that either)

    The only thing that matters here is the action, and, as I said before, people did this relentlessly, every match for almost a year, until it was finally patched out after several attempts to get people to stop.

    This isn't PVP, or chase. This was simply abusing overpowered perks and flawed game design for trivially easy wins. The fact that it was frustrating to the survivors was a huge bonus for a lot of killers as well.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948946#Comment_3948946

    This isn't a random game.

    The killer was a streamer who challenged them and they played a custom match.

    The mentality here doesn't matter, because you don't know what anyone else is thinking either. You keep bringing this up, but it doesn't prove or disprove anything. Fixating on it is meaningless because neither of us is psychic.

    (Or maybe I am psychic, and i know for a fact you can't know what I'm thinking because you aren't. You can't disprove that either)

    The only thing that matters here is the action, and, as I said before, people did this relentlessly, every match for almost a year, until it was finally patched out after several attempts to get people to stop.

    This isn't PVP, or chase. This was simply abusing overpowered perks and flawed game design for trivially easy wins. The fact that it was frustrating to the survivors was a huge bonus for a lot of killers as well.

    Exactly! Nobody knows what was going through this guy's head. So you trying to say that you know what he was thinking is messed up.

  • @TimberGoingDown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948955#Comment_3948955

    Exactly! Nobody knows what was going through this guy's head. So you trying to say that you know what he was thinking is messed up.

    So this non sequitur is exhausting.

    This was meta. I'd like to hear why you think nearly everyone who played killer adopted this strategy.

    Especially since this strategy involves:

    • Not committing to chase
    • Not downing survivors
    • Not leaving a 3 gen
    • Kicking gens until an hour passes and the game awards you a win by default.

    Those are the facts.

    ETA: changing my approach here. Instead of speculation, I want you to show me in my original post to you (with the links) where I say anything about mentality, intent, or speculation.

    Because all I gave you was facts, and you went off on a tangent because you can't address those facts directly.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948956#Comment_3948956

    So this non sequitur is exhausting.

    This was meta. I'd like to hear why you think nearly everyone who played killer adopted this strategy.

    Especially since this strategy involves:

    • Not committing to chase
    • Not downing survivors
    • Not leaving a 3 gen
    • Kicking gens until an hour passes and the game awards you a win by default.

    Those are the facts.

    + this strategy was even the reason, why the Server closes after 1 hour, before it was 2 hours. (But I dont know if Skull Merchant was already around when they reduced the maximum time of the trial)

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948956#Comment_3948956

    So this non sequitur is exhausting.

    This was meta. I'd like to hear why you think nearly everyone who played killer adopted this strategy.

    Especially since this strategy involves:

    • Not committing to chase
    • Not downing survivors
    • Not leaving a 3 gen
    • Kicking gens until an hour passes and the game awards you a win by default.

    Those are the facts.

    Because Circle of Healing meant that every chase was against a healthy survivor. M1 killers had their hits healed faster than they could reasonably deal them.

  • @TimberGoingDown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948961#Comment_3948961

    Because Circle of Healing meant that every chase was against a healthy survivor. M1 killers had their hits healed faster than they could reasonably deal them.

    Interesting.

    Though now I feel obligated to say:

    Nobody knows what was going through this guy's head. So you trying to say that you know what he was thinking is messed up.

    See what I did there?

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948966#Comment_3948966

    Interesting.

    Though now I feel obligated to say:

    Nobody knows what was going through this guy's head. So you trying to say that you know what he was thinking is messed up.

    See what I did there?

    I never claimed to know what was going through this guy's head. I said that that's why so many people resorted to 3 genning

  • @TimberGoingDown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948969#Comment_3948969

    I never claimed to know what was going through this guy's head. I said that that's why so many people resorted to 3 genning

    So, not reading one mind, but everyone's mind.

    Got it.

    At this point, I'm just here because watching these mental gymnastics is hilarious. You're either a comedian or the most disingenuous person I've ever seen. I'm choosing to go with the former because, again, hilarious.

    At this point, just re read this conversation thread.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948978#Comment_3948978

    So, not reading one mind, but everyone's mind.

    Got it.

    At this point, I'm just here because watching these mental gymnastics is hilarious. You're either a comedian or the most disingenuous person I've ever seen. I'm choosing to go with the former because, again, hilarious.

    At this point, just re read this conversation thread.

    Lol. Dude. You're trying WAY too hard. I can't speak for one person's mind, but I can speak to the general sentiment of the community. I know… I was there.

  • @TimberGoingDown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948961#Comment_3948961

    Because Circle of Healing meant that every chase was against a healthy survivor. M1 killers had their hits healed faster than they could reasonably deal them.

    I'm just going to point out for everyone else that this is wildly (hilariously) incorrect.

    Patch 6.7.0 (March 2023): circle of healing nerf, medkit nerf. This removed CoH self care and also removed it from being meta.

    Patch 7.5.0 (January 2024) nearly a year later, generator regression limit added to finally kill off the 3 gen meta.

    These two things were not related.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948899#Comment_3948899

    The point of the game is also for survivors to repair generators, and part of the reason why we have the AFK crow changes is because survivors were sometimes refusing to commit to generators.

    By that logic killers should be getting afk crows for not chasing.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948966#Comment_3948966

    I'm just going to point out for everyone else that this is wildly (hilariously) incorrect.

    Patch 6.7.0 (March 2023): circle of healing nerf, medkit nerf. This removed CoH self care and also removed it from being meta.

    Patch 7.5.0 (January 2024) nearly a year later, generator regression limit added to finally kill off the 3 gen meta.

    These two things were not related.

    And which update killed Overcharge and CoB?

    Couldn't possibly be 6.7, right?

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948926#Comment_3948926

    By that logic killers should be getting afk crows for not chasing.

    Actually, killers got an anti-3-gen mechanic for not chasing.

  • I'm glad more and more people are using it. It's one of the best way to learn Gen spawns and gets the nastiest of 3gens out of the way the fastest. I think the player base is better off with it in the higher usage rates.

  • @TimberGoingDown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3949002#Comment_3949002

    And which update killed Overcharge and CoB?

    Couldn't possibly be 6.7, right?

    Sure, but the whole topic is the 3 gen meta, which continued through, again: eruption nerf, cob and overcharge nerf, skull merchant rework #1, and was finally stopped by the regression limit.

    So for about 9 months, people still continued to 3 gen relentlessly after circle of healing. Which was your very wrong assessment of the situation.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948275#Comment_3948275

    I mean, pairing it with other Perks should not be a discussion, since those other Perks (in this case Resilience) give value on their own, with or without Deja Vu.

    I think Visionary is way worse than Deja Vu, Illumination should not even be named in the same comparison, since this is giga-bad, since you spend 14 seconds for information you get from Deja Vu or Visionary without any time investment. However, Deja Vu is better than Visionary since it is permanent and shows the closest three Gens and not the nearest 3 Gens (and the cooldown of Visionary of course…). The only reason why Visionary could be better is the new spawn rules, because you want to spread out and if the 3-Gen is where you spawned, you will have less useful information with Deja Vu. But this is a really niche case.

    And well, why I am saying that the Speed Increase is not really that relevant - it was at 5% before and nobody used it. It went to 6% and was permanent in 7.0.0… And honestly, what is more likely for the increase of popularity? That it got permanent or an increase of 1% Repair Speed? I think the answer should be obvious.

    Yep,

    Some steamer said it was OP. Like every meta.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3949010#Comment_3949010

    Sure, but the whole topic is the 3 gen meta, which continued through, again: eruption nerf, cob and overcharge nerf, skull merchant rework #1, and was finally stopped by the regression limit.

    So for about 9 months, people still continued to 3 gen relentlessly after circle of healing. Which was your very wrong assessment of the situation.

    Oh, come on. Are you seriously trying to tell me that people were 3 genning with 125% regression speed and the occasional 10% off, but only when people were downed? That's not to mention that at the time, kicks only dealt 2.5% gen progress and you could tap the gen to get rid of CoB and Overcharge regression. 6.7 killed the gen kick meta. The regression limit a year later was beating a dead horse.

  • @TimberGoingDown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3948913#Comment_3948913

    Can you read this particular killer player's mind? Unless they came out and said that that's what they were doing, then you can't say that they were trying to wait out the clock.

    Unless they came out and said that that's what they were doing

    I mean, they did say that:

    "skull merchants who rely on "chasing" to get downs are cringe + boring and will always get outperformed by anyone who plays her in the way that she was designed (defending a 3 gen like it's a game of chess) ..."

    I'd link to twitter, but its a game image with names not blacked out.

    Many people took them seriously as if they were actually claiming that SM 3 genning took strategy, but I think they were being sarcastic/provoking and were just showing off how easily abusable SM was.

  • It's a free perk, that helps you avoid nasty 3-gen situations, and also gives you a bit of a boost (which is not that impactful imo)

    It's similar to Kindred or Sprint Burst.

    It works when it should, you don't have to pay a dime for it, and it is useful.

    That's the reason.

1 2 ›