Waving arms while on the hook
I've always taken it to mean "killer is camping or nearby, go do gens", but a lot of others seem to think it's "killer is gone, come save me", is there a "right" answer?
I've always taken it to mean "killer is camping or nearby, go do gens", but a lot of others seem to think it's "killer is gone, come save me", is there a "right" answer?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I also believe it means "Watch out! Killer is in area!"
I think most people see it as 'Killer is around/camping'. I wave my hands to indicate such.
Some killers might take the waving as a request to be camped
Some survivors tho use it to call for unhooks. Which is kinda stupid.
Ok, that's what I thought, gets confusing with so many people misusing it.
I do it when no one is coming for me. I start flapping my wings like a madman
Misusing? You're trying to say that there's a right way?
I think it depends on platform. On Xbox is generally "hurry up and save me", though if they start to do it right after being hooked it means "killer is nearby".
The problem with arm waving is that it can indicate to the killer someone is near by, meaning it'll cause a killer who might not have camped to stay in the area to try and find said person.
It has always meant one thing, and one thing only, “The killer is camping me, stay the hell away and do gens”. If you’ve been mistaking it for anything else, it’s just that, a mistake.
I use it to tell the others that I'm being camped. It rarely works though. There's always that one guy.
It always meant "Killer close"
Would one of these killers be you by any chance?
Genuine question because you've always defended camping.
Why would one need to defend camping?
Oh Master, how I have missed you
Yeah, just don't try to reinvent the wheel 4heads lol
Is camping annoying as hell, yes it is. Is being infinite looped by a skill-less survivor annoying as hell yes. Will the survivor stop and consider the fun of the killer while doing so? No. So Camping does not need defended. You wanna punish a camping killer, do the gens and get out.
i do it when the killers camping or proxy camping ie patrolling around me. i dont do it otherwise. but seems some others do it for no reason. so yeah lol. boredom
If you argue why Survivors run around a pallet until they have to break it, rather than just dropping it once and going on, it's to buy as much time possible for the team to work on gens. The Survivors are trying to complete them all and escape, but if the chase only lasts a few moments, their chances reduce greatly.
Ever since the beginning (or close to it) chasing a single survivor is the worst thing a Killer can do. Break off and find someone else. If they run after the same guy, that person goes from pallet to pallet, but if someone else starts getting chased, they don't know which pallets are still around and may be unable to find any. I never run around more than twice, but I also never last very long in a chase unless I can lose them (which is always an exciting moment).
It originally meant that the Killer is camping and that's what i'm sticking with. People these days will also use it to signal it's safe to save them.
I didn't even know this was supposed to mean anything. I just do it because I'm bored
It's hard to say sometimes as there's only one real 'emote' while one is on the hook. Personally, I'll twitch if killer is nearby and grab at the hook when no one's coming for save. People will run for the hook/start heading over when you start grabbing at the hook from what I've found. Generally speaking, of course. I've seen people do it for all kinds of reasons, though. I'll also twitch if the person is about to run into a trap. You typically get one person who's hungry for points, though, which is disappointing. It makes it so that the killer is rewarded for lazy gameplay and yes, chilling by the hooked and not seeking out your victim is lazy. I wish less survivors would reward it.
It got confusing after a dude made a thread saying "long waves mean camping, short waves mean save me." What is long to others could be short to some and vice versa.
Just wave if he's camping, if not, stay still.
I use kindred III for this purpose alone. And believe it or not many times more than one will still come for the save or no one will come. This knowing they can clearly see each other and the killers aura within a short range. Food for thought.
True that. I use it in hopes survivors can be smart about the plays they make. All we can do is hang around and hope.
I agree, it does seem wasted, but I attempt to play survivor perks less try hardy and more team oriented. Though perks don't always prove their worth when used in that fashion. Kindred, open handed, wake up and empathy to name a few. Not very helpful solo, but if it helps the overall effort.
if you're camping 1 survivor that means you get 1/4th the bp and you lose 100% more of your games
I wouldn't say lazy, it's more braindead. Only people that hard camp while every survivor is working on gens are the new players that want a kill. Nets you no bp and you always lose.
Happens way to often. But not my fault if they are convinced that we don't see them unless they wave their arms.
I've seen people like that in purple ranks.
Of course we did have someone on our team feeding into it, so he was able to get everyone. Too bad, really. I'd still rather seek out my prey rather than have them come to me, though.