Opinions on the current version of the ghoul?

I want to know what people are thinking about the current version of ghoul, to play and play against. and maybe share changes they think are healthy.

Im currently maining ghoul and going for body blocks mid loop, which is hard to do but very cool to pull off.

Example of a body block mid loop

1000025880.gif

Some changes i would like for him are:

Decrease minimum leap distance to 3 meters (down from 5) this basically makes the power feel very clunky while trying to use it mid loop and in indoor maps i think 3 meters is a healthy value.

Revert enrage vault to ptb values and remove/fix kidnap tech. Body blocking is what gives this killer a high skill ceilling and i think that ghoul would still be fine if his enrage vault was only good for safe pallets / godpallets, similair to wesker. I think the current version of the vault is still kinda too strong compared to how easy it is to pull off.

Im curious what you guys think and would love to hear your feedback to my changes/ give your own changes.

Comments

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3931924#Comment_3931924

    The enraged vault is actually not that bad anymore. At least against me survivors are often able to make it around the loop again before I can hit them after I vault. But I can see why people would want it nerfed just slightly more. Right now the vault time is 1.5 seconds, 1.7 or 1.8 seconds would probably be the sweet spot.

    I fear there is nothing they can do about the hitscan though. I don't think kaneki would work without it.

    Just hold on a bit longer, once Springtrap is released Kaneki will probably be played much less. I just hope Springtrap is very fun to go against.

    The issue with enrage vault is that it basically makes a pallet a 50/50 which ghoul does not need on top of his current strenghts.

  • @Stibfa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3932000#Comment_3932000

    Considering how hard it actually is to pull a body Block of on top of it not working on some loops removing his m2 would be too big of a nerf. Im not against making the m2 harder to hit, (honestly im on controller and its still really easy) but removing it entirely would not be a healty change imo. Hell nerf the aim assist and the enrage vault! Just make minimum leap distance 3 meters.

    Like I said I can't say how easy it is post-PTB personally as I refuse to give them money for this killer, but I can say that literally every single Ghoul I have played since launch is getting off body blocks very consistently with almost none of them making mistakes at all - I cannot imagine it is difficult. Y'know like Hillbilly or Bubba where you can tell certain people have a lot of issues avoiding bumping into things or aiming it's obvious there's a learning curve.

    The way that it works, it is literally impossible to make it "harder to hit" on mouse and keyboard. They nerfed the aim assist by 95% and there was no change in how quickly those hits were obtained.

  • @Stibfa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3932141#Comment_3932141

    Giving him a slow after a leap would make him god awfull its a non lethal attack, and would in turn kill his skill ceilling which is body blocking

    not true. are the other killers dead? no, you just want to leave something unbalanced, as always.

  • @Falcao said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3932373#Comment_3932373

    not true. are the other killers dead? no, you just want to leave something unbalanced, as always.

    Other killers can down with Their power thats why they get slowed... ghoul cant

  • @DigitalisObscura said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3932377#Comment_3932377

    Like I said I can't say how easy it is post-PTB personally as I refuse to give them money for this killer, but I can say that literally every single Ghoul I have played since launch is getting off body blocks very consistently with almost none of them making mistakes at all - I cannot imagine it is difficult. Y'know like Hillbilly or Bubba where you can tell certain people have a lot of issues avoiding bumping into things or aiming it's obvious there's a learning curve.

    The way that it works, it is literally impossible to make it "harder to hit" on mouse and keyboard. They nerfed the aim assist by 95% and there was no change in how quickly those hits were obtained.

    1000025923.gif

    Almost every ghoul is hitting mid loop blocks like this every game consistently? I highly doubt that. There is a difference between getting body blocked outside of a tile with 1 leap and doing a pallet body block mid loop. Also there are defo things the devs can do to make the m2 harder to hit. For a starter make the lock on range less then the leap range

  • I love your changes, the clip you posted is a very cool action indeed, sadly, as of right now tho it is a risky play since the best way to deal with that loop would be to wait for the survivor to drop the pallet and just vault it. I love how your changes would make him more skill expressive and less unfun

  • He's fine now. Mid A tier. No longer SSR+ strength.

  • @Stibfa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3932384#Comment_3932384

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/P06KX6H12UW6/1000025923.gif

    Almost every ghoul is hitting mid loop blocks like this every game consistently? I highly doubt that. There is a difference between getting body blocked outside of a tile with 1 leap and doing a pallet body block mid loop. Also there are defo things the devs can do to make the m2 harder to hit. For a starter make the lock on range less then the leap range

    Bro is the real Ghoul

1 2 ›