Boil Over Buff
Just make Boil Over increase wiggle speed by 4%/8%/12%. It's so simple. Even if you remove all the other effects it offers, it'd still be able to work, especially if they rolled out that new Decisive rework a few months back (the one where it would've just stunned and held the Killer in place while the Survivor could still wiggle and the Killer could still be blinded or stunned with a pallet). So keep the struggling effects increased by 25%/50%/75%, and just remove the part about hiding hooks. We all know that was doing anything past Rank 12, and that effect used to be built in, so when you walk near a hook, its aura would dim out. The devs decided to make the hook auras stay all the time and gave that disappearing effect to Boil Over, which is plain lazy in my opinion. It's canceled out by Iron Grasp, so that could see a rise, and it's not a huge difference maker, but stil worth running as a perk, kind of like Brutal Strength or Even Botany Knowledge. Please devs? Simple buff, and it doesn't shake the meta even a bit.
Comments
I honestly feel cheated by Boil Over's effect. It's pretty much pointless. I really don't think an increased wiggle speed perk would be that OP.
Honestly Boil Over needs some love. It's so weak. Of the times I used it, it got me close twice. It makes it so they're less likely to go to nearby hooks, but there's hooks everywhere and they can easily make the ones they can see at the distance Boil Over covers.
@Mr_Myers The perk is bad. There's NO point in running it as is. It's pointless. IMO Kate's perks aren't very good. WoO is good for newbies and for people who want to see pallets and window spots. Dance With Me is only really good when combined with one or two other perks. Boil Over is pointless. A perk shouldn't be pointless, especially one that is connected to a character. Her perks are pretty weak overall.
That problem with that perk is that combined with sabotage it's hell for the killer. Once I was experimenting with it and I bullied a Wraith with Agitation 3 who couldn't hook me for more than 3 minutes (I was the last survivor). Got enough survival points from wiggling free that I didn't even care anymore about surviving.
Killer perks would love to have a word with you.
It definitely needs a buff and I would be perfectly fine with increasing the wiggle speed. However, I would want to keep the hook aura effect so that it's not similar to Iron Grasp.
Boil over, vigil, freddy and nurse need some love (jk nurse is broken af) I just dont see any wiggle diference to the default wiggle speed/with the boil over speed.. it's just a waste slot. Killers should move more and they can't see hooks in 12/15/19 meters.. it's just so easy to see hooks so that's not gonna affect..
My point still stands. There shouldn't be pointless perks for either side.
I honestly feel like Boil Over doesn't even affect killers. Every time I run it, the killer walks in a perfect straight line towards their destination. Sometimes, killers use Boil Over to their advantage; turning in just the right way to give themselves a boost. It's awful.
A lot of people already think that this is what Boil Over does.
I think that would be a boost to boil over if the killer couldn't see the hook auras. When on 45% of the wiggle, then the killer could see the aura of the hooks. cause it's not difficult to find a hook at all. you can see it without aura. (Yes, would help with Decisive Strike, but since they said that they are reworking it, I think that this would be a viable buff).
I think most people, even those who call pretty much anything viable OP and toxic, will agree that not only does this perk need a buff, but also that this effect should have been there all along. I'm all for the extra wiggle speed.
I think we need to go right back to the basics and make killers actually have to work for their kills, not just expect a hook to be well within their range, I mean because they are! Most of them are easily within arms
Currently if you get to 99.9999% wiggle bar it affords you nothing. Make it so however far along the wiggle free meter has progressed, say you get hooked at 50% progress you then have a 50% chance to wiggle free from the hook. Same as if you got to 98% you now have a 98% chance to escape from the hook.
This wouldn't be a perk, this would be the default build that effects everyone. And then boil over is not so useless after all.
They do, they find you spent time chasing you no doubt dodging wood constantly, then they have to catch you again when you DS, then avoid flashlights, body blocking and more pallets.
Wiggle speed no, Wiggle is there simply so the killer can't basement you every time.
I would be for the hiding hook radius to be bigger so the killer has to be more careful at where the nearest hook is.
So basically, if there isn't a hook right next to the Killer, it's almost a guaranteed kobe? No. Not at all. I play both Killer and Survivor equally, and that's just plain unfair. And it's built in? On top of DS? On top of flashlights? On top of bodyblocking? Please reconsider.
I'm fine with this change.
Let me remind everyone, that Kate's Boil Over is a teachable at 40, lol! (That's the highest level unlockable).
Increase all current levels of wiggle by 25%
Increase hook blindness by x meters.
Make the base wiggle free bar across the board for all survivors without any perks added the same as the % chance to de-hook yourself once hooked.
Gives some incentive for the killer to get to the closest hook as possible (bearing in mind the closest one is usually as simple as taking 2 steps and whacking yourself in the face with a rake because there are about the same number of hooks as there are blades of grass)
Make killer fun again, take all the easy and the boring out and replace it with satisfaction for nuanced tactics successfully implemented.
Yeah man the chase, the jungle gyms, the exhaustion effects, the immersed survivors with UE, the pallets, the loops, the blinds, the decisive strikes....none of that is the killer working for the kill, it's all about that time period when the survivor is on your shoulder!
Kate isnt alone in being a character with terrible perks. Look at the huntress territorial imperative and beast of prey.
Ikr. Like, Killers do enough against a person who knows how to loop and is using perks. So, if this was real, Deliverance would be useless, and you'd get more chances that you don't need to use to win. You'd get downed, wiggle to a large amount (which happens often), get hooked, kobe, get downed, DS, and then get downed, and get flashlight saved if someone's there. So realistically that's one hook and two second chances. Add looping, pallets, genrush, and a whole lot of perks, and you're basically trying to cause people to uninstall. Please reconsider.
Sure, because wiggling meter determining your chances of escaping from the hook wont incentivise camping. And Survivors will definitely not go "mi mi mi, y u camp?!".
Preach. Like, if you want to fix a problem, at least TRY to do it without sparking another one, especially an obvious one.