Why is decisive strike so difficult?

I literally cannot hit the skill check. I have no trouble with great skill checks, but decisive strike (despite having a bigger hit zone) I just can't master. Very frustrating having a perk I can't use.
Any tips from people besides getting gud because I already tried that? 

Edit: Yeah, I think I am done with ds. I like object of obsession more than ds. By the time I actually see the skill check pop up the needle has already started moving. Making it super difficult for me to even hit it. I have better luck escaping with boil over. Also, you only get 1 chance to hit it. After that your screwed. Yeah, for me at least ds is garbage.

Comments

  • "don't run DS" comments incoming.
  • @Vietfox said:
    "don't run DS" comments incoming.

    Lmao, *From killer mains

  • @Ray_Penber said:
    I literally cannot hit the skill check. I have no trouble with great skill checks, but decisive strike (despite having a bigger hit zone) I just can't master. Very frustrating having a perk I can't use.
    Any tips from people besides getting gud because I already tried that?

    Hey bro that's normal when I started run ds I SUCK AT THAT SKILLCHECK but with the time it will be easy, I stil can't make the skillcheck with unnerving presence..

  • Just close your eyes and believe @Ray_Penber
  • @Ray_Penber said:
    I literally cannot hit the skill check. I have no trouble with great skill checks, but decisive strike (despite having a bigger hit zone) I just can't master. Very frustrating having a perk I can't use.
    Any tips from people besides getting gud because I already tried that?

    Just hit the skillcheck? :smile:

  • I literally cannot hit the skill check. I have no trouble with great skill checks, but decisive strike (despite having a bigger hit zone) I just can't master. Very frustrating having a perk I can't use.
    Any tips from people besides getting gud because I already tried that?
    https://youtu.be/UtmI--F8Zmo
  • @Ray_Penber said:
    I literally cannot hit the skill check. I have no trouble with great skill checks, but decisive strike (despite having a bigger hit zone) I just can't master. Very frustrating having a perk I can't use.
    Any tips from people besides getting gud because I already tried that?

    @Ray_Penber said:
    I literally cannot hit the skill check. I have no trouble with great skill checks, but decisive strike (despite having a bigger hit zone) I just can't master. Very frustrating having a perk I can't use.
    Any tips from people besides getting gud because I already tried that?

    http://mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/index try this skillcheck simulator, just try to hit the great skillcheck..

  • @Ray_Penber

    I’d imagine it’s a little difficult to hit while you’re having a heart attack.
  • @ModernFable said:
    @Ray_Penber

    I’d imagine it’s a little difficult to hit while you’re having a heart attack.

    @ModernFable YOU MAKE ME LAUGH REALLY HARD lmaoo..;D

  • Arroz said:

    @ModernFable said:
    @Ray_Penber

    I’d imagine it’s a little difficult to hit while you’re having a heart attack.

    @ModernFable YOU MAKE ME LAUGH REALLY HARD lmaoo..;D

    Glad to hear it
  • @EntityDispleased said:
    Just click space when the needle is on the white bar. I know, I'm a genius.

    +10000 IQ xD

  • I think it is visually harder to hit when the camera is moving. 
  • I think it is visually harder to hit when the camera is moving. 
    Its because most peoples eyes are motion sensitive ..you Will focus on the bigger movement compared to smaller movement of the Needle
  • Bring back the LOL button!

  • Arroz said:

    @Vietfox said:
    "don't run DS" comments incoming.

    Lmao, *From killer mains

    Im "fine" with DS and im a killer main. As much as im fine with NOED. Dont like ether you can use it, but i just hate the people who are reliant on it ..like haha hit me i have DS! Kind of reliant
  • Omg seriously? Is this a serious concern?

    Well clearly we should remove the skill check on DS because a proper crutch shouldn't have a requirement.

    If everyone can't win with it, with even a modicum of skill, we need to make it more accessible.

  • Omg seriously? Is this a serious concern?

    Well clearly we should remove the skill check on DS because a proper crutch shouldn't have a requirement.

    If everyone can't win with it, with even a modicum of skill, we need to make it more accessible.

    I was explaining the problem I have with ds and have realized it is not a perk I can utilize for I am not great at ds skill checks. Yes it is difficult for me, but didn't say anything about it having to be changed. My opinion is that despite other people thinking this perk is a great perk I honestly believe it's utter garbage.
  • Maybe the devs should give us that DS skill check, they once showed on the stream.
  • Idk try to get used to it?

  • @Poweas said:
    Idk try to get used to it?

    Like @Poweas said once you get use to it you’ll hit it most every time. However I feel like better perks are in the game and decisive strike isn’t all that great.

  • Try going into the files of the game and increasing your framerate above 60fps if your PC can handle it.

    It makes hitting skillchecks a lot easier, I find there is a delay when the framerate is capped.
  • @Ray_Penber said:
    I literally cannot hit the skill check. I have no trouble with great skill checks, but decisive strike (despite having a bigger hit zone) I just can't master. Very frustrating having a perk I can't use.
    Any tips from people besides getting gud because I already tried that? 

    Edit: Yeah, I think I am done with ds. I like object of obsession more than ds. By the time I actually see the skill check pop up the needle has already started moving. Making it super difficult for me to even hit it. I have better luck escaping with boil over. Also, you only get 1 chance to hit it. After that your screwed. Yeah, for me at least ds is garbage.

    @Ray_Penber said:
    I literally cannot hit the skill check. I have no trouble with great skill checks, but decisive strike (despite having a bigger hit zone) I just can't master. Very frustrating having a perk I can't use.
    Any tips from people besides getting gud because I already tried that? 

    Edit: Yeah, I think I am done with ds. I like object of obsession more than ds. By the time I actually see the skill check pop up the needle has already started moving. Making it super difficult for me to even hit it. I have better luck escaping with boil over. Also, you only get 1 chance to hit it. After that your screwed. Yeah, for me at least ds is garbage.

    DS is garbage because umm, your new?? 100 hours?, it is hard when you start to use and it gets frustating when you lose the perk slot but when you do the skillcheck it feels good.. against a swf everyone with dstrike.. Houdini!, you just need to git gud at skillchecks or maybe you have low fps?? Try to join a lobby with less than 100 ms..

  • @TreemanXD said:

    @Poweas said:
    Idk try to get used to it?

    Like @Poweas said once you get use to it you’ll hit it most every time. However I feel like better perks are in the game and decisive strike isn’t all that great.

    Trust me, from someone who used to main survivor (I'm neutral now) and be toxic as hell, it's ridiculously overpowered. Sure, perks like Sprint Burst and Iron will may outclass it in certain situations, but there is no doubt that it's the best perk in the game for both sides. Second would be NOED. Come at me NOED users. shields face

  • That's a you problem, most survivor I see running DS are even able to hit it against an unnerving doctor

  • They need to buff DS. make it automatic and when it hits it completes 1/2/3 generators
  • RoKrueger said:
    They need to buff DS. make it automatic and when it hits it completes 1/2/3 generators
    And it should reset on every pickup. 
  • Tsulan said:
    RoKrueger said:
    They need to buff DS. make it automatic and when it hits it completes 1/2/3 generators
    And it should reset on every pickup. 
    And it should give you the deep wound effect so the killer has to hit you 5 times :)
  • I feel your pain @Ray_Penber . On the very rare occasion I use it, I can hit the skill check most of the time, but it won't do a survivor any good if he sucks at looping. The 20 seconds within which I'm downed again tell me it's a rather pointless perk :)
  • Meanwhile I had 4 people hit their decisive today when I played doctor WITH unnerving presence tier 3 (60% reduces skillcheck zone). Just how?! How can people hit a skillcheck that's shaking and barely visible?