Why is new killer so bugged with extra 3 weeks dev time?

I thought the chapter also could be cooked for more = better experience. I know it's just PTB but still… I hope it's some very old build and the live version has none of these major bugs.

It feels almost like Houndmaster PTB which was then also very buggy in live game for like 2 weeks minimum and still it's perfect performance power by this date.

Comments

  • This is one of the many reasons why the devs should slow down with the new content (except QOL updates), because they keep breaking stuff with every single patch.

  • @SoGo said:

    This is one of the many reasons why the devs should slow down with the new content (except QOL updates), because they keep breaking stuff with every single patch.

    This. New content gets rushed out way too frequently and there’s never enough time to ensure a good quality product. Plenty of people keep buying the content even when it doesn’t work properly, so why would BHVR do anything differently?

  • @I_Cant_Loop said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3895342#Comment_3895342

    This. New content gets rushed out way too frequently and there’s never enough time to ensure a good quality product. Plenty of people keep buying the content even when it doesn’t work properly, so why would BHVR do anything differently?

    After houndmaster, I'm definitely holding off. The content creators can be the ones to find out how buggy it is.

  • Of course the extra dev time was supposed to be to work on the QoL stuff, not to polish the new content…

  • @SummerBBQDwight said:

    I thought the chapter also could be cooked for more = better experience. I know it's just PTB but still… I hope it's some very old build and the live version has none of these major bugs.

    It feels almost like Houndmaster PTB which was then also very buggy in live game for like 2 weeks minimum and still it's perfect performance power by this date.

    Houndmaster is not comparable. Everything about her involved using a separate AI attack that curved around objects. In other words, she is a development nightmare and it's quite honestly a miracle she works at all.

    In terms of bugs, there is only a few major bugs that hurting the ghouls gameplay, and several more minor that can be lived with for a short time. He's not in that bad of a state and if anything has the best potential we've seen in a long time.

  • The killer wasn't delayed so they could fix issues with the killer. It was delayed so they had time to add the health updates.

  • Please don't forget servers are an issue. Also bugs are expected with something that hasn't been tried before. The reason m1 killers don't normally have as much issues is cause their powers are simpler.

    The devs look like they tried their best and they can't catch every bug.

  • Yes! YES!!! MOOOOOOOOOORE!

    Untitled Image
  • The extra dev time wasn't for the new chapter, it was for the QOL initiative.

  • Honestly I think BHVR devs are just overworked. Or, on the contrary, are procrastinating way too much. One or the other. The state that Houndmaster and Ghoul released in (both PTB and live, in HM's case) should simply not be acceptable for a game as successful as DBD.

  • @Choaron said:

    Honestly I think BHVR devs are just overworked. Or, on the contrary, are procrastinating way too much. One or the other. The state that Houndmaster and Ghoul released in (both PTB and live, in HM's case) should simply not be acceptable for a game as successful as DBD.

    Behaviour Interactive has received numerous awards for their utter lack of crunch culture.

    Personally, I think it’s the result of higher-ups trying to push deadlines that are only achievable through crunch culture despite of that anti-crunch.

  • Besides the fact that the developers took the extra three weeks for the QoL update and not for the killer, I think this PTB is an outdated version and the love version might have less bugs and errors. It still sucks to play with a bugged killer since you cannot truly tell what is intended and what is a bug but I am pretty sure the live version might be better. Additionally, the developers also said they want to fix various bugs with the QoL update which means they also try to introduce less bugs with the next patches. However, I still can be wrong and the live version might be similar bad in terms of bugs

  • idk but the logical solution seems to be go post and add useful info to bug reports if you or anyone else is concerned about the technical quality of the killer.

  • Doesn't the development of killers start like a year before release? I'm not sure I've ever heard a number beyond it starting well before, but I know it would have to quite a while.

    Saying - 'hey, you get an extra 5% development time' isn't going to remove bugs.

    Also bugs are always easier to find once the game is 'in the wild'.

  • Incompetence