Useful items for survivors are insufficient.
Only toolbox and kit are practical. Key and flashlight depend on luck. And the map is completely useless.
More items can make the game more fun, diverse and various.
Only toolbox and kit are practical. Key and flashlight depend on luck. And the map is completely useless.
More items can make the game more fun, diverse and various.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
i agree we need more items, but i disagree that tool boxes are useful
If the killer is not in a wall
The rainbow map is great for finding say the hatch, totems and if you get stuck looking for gens it can help. As for toolboxes and flashlights they are both good, the killer can’t always look at a wall. Toolboxes speed up gen speed a hefty amount (especially if used while tag teaming a gen). Medkitd are great for fast heals or insta-heals. If you find it keys (aside from broken) can open the hatch possible ruining the killers chance at winning and they have great aura-reading potential.
But I will say the green map is useless
Slightly off topic, but I believe a 'recycle' option of some sort needs to be implemented for useless items (by ones opinion).
Say the broken key aura reading ability only might seem fine for a new player getting the hang of things, but I will never ever use it + its aura reading add ons along with many other types of add ons and offerings ect.
Before we get anything new, we need to have a system to get rid of the old we will never use, maybe 50% blood point return for selling?
Sometime, killer was far away from you. You cannot use flashlight to save other survivor.
I suggest to add the following items
1. shotgun with 1 bullet only. It can shoot killer backward and make killer faint for 3 seconds.
2. shield at back which can take 1 strike.
3. Speaker which can fake killer where survivor is.
4. sensors which can detect where killer is
5. Walkie talkie, survivors can know their locations each other all the time when all survivors bring it.
As a survivor main ... No, we don't need these.
You have things that suffice already use them.
On the topic at hand, I rarely ever take an item in and I don't think any more need to be added. I just don't see how they would help and you would need add-ons for the items. Now imagine looking for those items and add-ons in the bloodweb. Instead of 4 you now have 6 or 7?
Kit overlaps to "self-care" but it does not mean we don't need kit. It is still a powerful item. If we have those items, we have a weaker version perks. Why not?
Flashlight depending on luck wahhhh?
It's the most skill orientated item.
Instapack is tapping space bar.
Toolbox is tapping spacebar.
Flashlight if the person is good is a damn nightmare for the killer.
Green map with killer item tracking and range increase = Instant full objective category. Its a BP machine!
When you shrine the killers, it depends on probability to drop survivor.
Flashlight and key are luck? Are we playing the same game?
I think items are ok even though I would buff maps and keys duration to make them more useful. What I would like though is an addon rework with some more addons that change how you use the item.
I think we have different definition on luck.
Toolboxes are the best item in the game. I would clearly dodge 4 toolboxes over 4 flashlights or medkits.
So true, that's the real function of a map
I like how you can keep getting BP while killer is carrying you, too.
Whether you end up in those situations or not is entirely luck, and I don't necessarily mean RNG game mechanics luck, I mean the natural entropy of just how things go. You can increase the odds that the flashlight is useful by playing for Evasion emblems rather than Lightbringer, and even that relies on the killer choosing to give chase to you and whether or not they're smart enough to face a wall before picking up a downed survivor.
The same argument could be made for every other item, but the odds that you'll actually use a toolbox or medkit in a trial is greater than any of the other items because there are more opportunities to use them.