Hiding the killers loadout has got to go... hear me out
I get it... it saves the killer from SWF from getting the advantage of knowing what the killer has.. however, as someone who plays solo a lot (not always but a lot), I hate that I can’t even see what I was up against to make sure I can improve as a survivor the next time. I don’t want to have to wait for the game to end. It’s bad enough I have to wait a long time in the queue.. I don’t want to waste time waiting to see what the killer had. Now that was my personal beef.
For newer players, this is bad. Since newer players tend to die faster, how are they supposed to improve and learn the game and perks and add ons they lost to if they are hidden from them?
I honestly don’t think having swf groups being able to tell the others about the loadout was such a big deal that they had to make this change. This is frankly just annoying and unfair to newer players.
Please comment your thoughts and opinions below!
(and before you say it, yes I play killer about 75% of the time when I play alone. I never found this to be an issue for me)
For newer players, this is bad. Since newer players tend to die faster, how are they supposed to improve and learn the game and perks and add ons they lost to if they are hidden from them?
I honestly don’t think having swf groups being able to tell the others about the loadout was such a big deal that they had to make this change. This is frankly just annoying and unfair to newer players.
Please comment your thoughts and opinions below!
(and before you say it, yes I play killer about 75% of the time when I play alone. I never found this to be an issue for me)
Comments
this. has. to. stay.
period
if you as a solo player are interested in the killers loadout, just spectate the round and wait till its over.
if you are not, just leave and go for the next game.
the same goes for newer players, they even improve while being able to see other survivors play against the killer they just lost against. and if they win, they now know how the others did it.
and yes, SWF being able to tell each other eas a big deal. not only did it put solo players in a disadvantage, as they couldnt know what the killer had, but that also completely killed perks like Hex: No One Escapes Death. SWF groups who know there is gonna be a NOED ncoming will just cleanse all the totems, rendering the perk useless. SWF groups who know there is Barbecue and Chili will simply enter a locker, hide behind a gen or go near the hook to get rid of the effects. same for Nurses Calling, Knock Out, basically every single killer perk that influences the gameplay. if that is not a big deal, i dont know what is.
And if you die early, I don't think knowing the killers load out would have changed this.
Plus, a lot of perks are shown to you already or have very obvious signs that killer has that perk. (same goes for notable killer add-ons)
If you can't recognize the signs that a killer has a particular perk, that's on you...(unless of course this was the intent of the perk)
I never cared if SWF saw my loadout, it never really bothered me. I can see how I lot of people would want this change since they could get countered easily.However, solo players shouldn't have to wait for the entire match to be over in order to see the loadout.
The problem? When the lobby loads, the game doesn't know the difference between the 3 man ed edd and eddy and the 4th man.
You'd think there would be a flag, but there isn't.
They could, but they won't. Solo players can still get salty and spoil the Killer's loadout with SWF just to spite the Killer. This is one of those problems that can't be fixed because it has to do with the ######### nature of some of the players in this game.
4th man pops up. Gets a chat invite.
4th man gets sandbagged subtly. Dies. Tells 3 man the killers perks.
4 man SWF loads in. Mid match someone on death hook leaves SWF. Sees killer's loadout. Blabs.
Until you can figure out how it can be abused, then figure out how to counter it, people negatively impacted will never really support the goal.
Friend requests, profile comments, direct messages on console...
Gotta take into account how it can be abused.
and good let them be salty and dc and lose their blood points LOL idk to me this really wasn’t that big of an issue. Does this happen every game? Very doubtful. So to make this change that now
so to make this change that now affect every game is making it a whole different issue that imo is worse
How about we also hide survivor item loadout at lobby, just to "even" things out since apparently only killers are allowed to know things.
I've received party invites from other survivors while playing solo on the PS4. And as the killer I've received messages from survivors telling me where to find other survivors still alive in the match. I don't accept random invites or read messages mid-match, but it shows that this stuff does indeed happen.
@First Dude
While i can understand your point you only miss out on some informations after the game but if you reverse it you once again lose killers games cuz they snipe your perks and know exactly what you have and rush gens etc. So the lesser evil is you having less informations vs Killers losing entire games to snipers.
Are you the first one to die every single game? No. So, by your own logic, this is fine.
In more common logic, however, the frequency of a problem doesn't make it any less impactful. You can wait until the trial ends if you really wanna know the Killer's loadout - if you haven't figured it out by then, that is...
If you want to know, you'll have to wait. It's a trade-off.
Also, you only speak for yourself. I don't see any new players complaining about this.
So you still only speak for yourself. Unless you're psychic or have done an extensive survey, you don't know what bothers new players.
I'm not putting down your opinion, I'm saying you don't speak for other people, especially those whose opinions you've never even asked.
You can see the loadout, you just have to wait alittle bit. Take a break, stand up and do some stuff, come back in a few mins and voila.
And yes, SWF will eventually ruin the game if the devs dont do anythign about it.
Actually, a simple solution to this "issue" would be to implement some kind of "Trial Summary" you would get in the main menu as soon as game ends (should be easily done once dedicated servers are done), basically something like certain games have already, like League of Legends, World of Tanks.
When game ends, all players that participated in it, doesn't matter when they disconnected from the game, they would get a summary of how game went (just the tally screen basically).
Perks could be visible there and only there. Hell, maybe even implement a copy of the chat to said summary, just for the luls.
That depends on the killer's loadout. If you go for endgame surprises like Bloodwarden, it's a big deal. If you play BBQ, Ruin, Enduring + Spirit Fury, it doesn't matter that much.
You also can't make a difference between SWF and solo, even if it was technically possible. Solo survs would still sometimes write messages to the other survivors like "they have noed/bloodwarden".
It might be annoying to survivors, but the alternative is unfair to killers.
Why is it so hard to understand that reverting this very much needed change would kill some builds, particularly endgame perks like Blood Warden?
I hardly ever play SWF as survivor, and I feel somewhat annoyed when I can't see killer's loadout too, but this is nowhere near as damaging as survivors telling each other about killer's "ace in the hole" perks.
If you want fair gameplay, you have to get used to this change.
I'm all for the hiding of the perks staying. It's not like the killer can see your perks before the end either.
Nope...Needs to stay as long as SWF can abuse it...
Let me play you a song on the worlds smallest violin
Implying it's not a huge thing if survivors know that the gates will be blocked for X seconds if a survivor gets hooked. After the change I got so many kills due to bloodwarden it's funny.