2v8 is GREAT!

I am not sure why players are so upset and triggered by this game mode. In my opinion this is a great mode for killers to try something new. I been playing this game for years and I appreciate this kind of break from the normal. I guess I wish people wouldn't get so upset and emotional about a game. I get it. I get frustrated at times too, but I try not to react to it. The only thing I can control is my own reactions to things. Yes the bots are janky, but so are some players. I am not the greatest at this game, never have been, but I enjoy the heck out of it. I just had a game where it was me and the bots were the only survivors to escape. LOL! I also had a game yesterday where wesker was super bugged, but it was hilarious IMO! I tried to fix him by slamming pallets to no avail, and then the gates opened and people were floating out! 2v8 is a MEME ya'll! Try to enjoy it, and the awesome bloodpoint boosts for survivors is a bonus! Can also get some of the weirder tomes done! I dig it man! I dig it!

Comments

  • @OrangeBear said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3883597#Comment_3883597

    You opened a Discussion, on a Forum and i made a Comment.

    If you're here to make statements then you don't even need to respond to my comments.

    I really don't appreciate your dismissive attitude.

    Ok. Again, not everything needs a response. You can choose not to make a comment, especially shouldn't get emotional if the response is not what you wanted.

  • @hermitkermit said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3883542#Comment_3883542


    Sometimes tone can be difficult to convey over text both in writing and reading so if I’m incorrect in the interpretation of your tone, I apologize and I will try to clarify.

    It seems like you’re saying that criticism is only valid if it’s emotionless, but that’s not how discussion works. People can be frustrated and still provide valid feedback. One doesn’t cancel out the other. If a game mode is frustrating, that frustration is part of the feedback, not something that makes it invalid. Expressing how much you like the game mode is also feedback even though it involves emotion.

    Perhaps you’re not aware of the way it comes across, but the way you’re using the word ‘triggered’ in this context is inherently dismissive. It’s not a neutral term—it’s a way to mock people for having a negative reaction, which is why so many have pushed back on it regardless if it was your intention for it to be mocking or not. As you’re not engaging with what’s actually being said; you’re just deciding that anyone who doesn’t like the mode is being too emotional to take seriously, which comes across as a way to avoid the discussion entirely if someone has a different opinion than your own.

    Again, this is the way the messages are coming across. I’m not accusing you of saying these specific things or believing them, but the phrases you’re using, and the way you're dismissing feedback unless it meets your individual expectations of what you believe feedback is— comes across as intentionally dismissive or backhanded.

    (Also, for clarity, the example I provided wasn’t meant to show someone being emotional- it was to demonstrate how that kind of logic could be used to dismiss anything, even when it shouldn’t be. If I clarified that someone was frustrated because they got into a match with a cheater, and then voiced their frustration about wanting a fair game, that doesn’t mean their feedback about not wanting a cheater in the game because it frustrated them, isn’t valid.)

    I am not too concerned how my statement came across. I made a statement. I was not talking about anyone in particular at all. If the phrases I use illicit responses in other people, I cannot control that. The only thing I can control is my own actions or reactions.

  • I don't personally get the hate for the bots, most of them are better at running than the actual human players. I just think it's people screeching just to screech.

    Complaining about Legion in 2v8 is valid though because he is not okay.

  • @Peppa_Pigsaw said:

    I don't personally get the hate for the bots, most of them are better at running than the actual human players. I just think it's people screeching just to screech.

    Complaining about Legion in 2v8 is valid though because he is not okay.

    I feel the same way about the bots! I can say I am not bored on RPD with a legion! He has that bigger terror radius so makes me a nervous wreck! LOL! See ya out there!

  • I don't think people have issue with the actual 2v8 itself. It's the bots and inclusion of Legion that makes up the bulk of the criticisms. Both of which are completely valid.

    It's good you're enjoying it

  • My friend refused to play with me until one of his mains were added and now they added Wesker and Nemesis (which is one of MY mains).
    The experience was AWESOME! We even got RPD as our first map and a full team of survs/no bots.
    Playing a KWF is fun as hell! Also not having to worry about A LOT of BS perks survs have fells SO GOOD!

  • @Dadeordye said:

    My friend refused to play with me until one of his mains were added and now they added Wesker and Nemesis (which is one of MY mains).
    The experience was AWESOME! We even got RPD as our first map and a full team of survs/no bots.
    Playing a KWF is fun as hell! Also not having to worry about A LOT of BS perks survs have fells SO GOOD!

    Outside of the long queue times, right?

  • Yes, but we have being preparing for that for weeks now.
    We both have animes, manga, comics and other stuff to do while we wait.

  • Like many have said in here. Mode is great, Legion and bots being in it is not.

    Ill take the L and just que survivor and not ever get a killer match whatever. I like the survivor mechanics of 2v8 enough.


    Just the silly legion permanent teammate aura read, everyone at one health state/mending, perma feral (you have to be an ape at legion to not get every hit in 2v8)

    And then the bots just … egh… they dont fix anything.

  • @GuineaGamer said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3883610#Comment_3883610

    I am not too concerned how my statement came across. I made a statement. I was not talking about anyone in particular at all. If the phrases I use illicit responses in other people, I cannot control that. The only thing I can control is my own actions or reactions.

    You started by saying you didn’t understand why people disliked the mode, and when they explained, you dismissed their reasons as just ‘emotional’ because they weren’t positive like yours. But your own reason for liking the mode is emotional too.

    So if emotions invalidate criticism, wouldn’t they also invalidate praise?

    Either way, if you don’t care how people feel/what they think about it, thats fine, but then there is no point in starting a discussion about it, as communication is a two-way street. In any case I think it’s clear you’re not really looking for more than just agreement, and as I don’t think I fit in that category I’ll end it here so I don’t clog up your post anymore.

    Gliyn!

  • I must give praise to the BP incentive. IF only it could be like this more often BP wise… 38 killers and even more survivors to level up and we still have a 2 mil bp cap?

  • imho, this gamemode is just unsustainable in the long run and is plain unhealthy for the game.

    The fact that even bots didn't help reduce queue times shows how things are awful even more.

    I don't really wanna spend 15+ minutes waiting for the match as killer i 2v8 or playing the boring chaos game as survivor.

    Ohh but you still have 1v4 bro! Well no, killer queues even in 1v4 are very long. People are literally taking a break from dbd during 2v8 thanks to this, and i am too.

  • @TieBreaker said:

    People are more motivated by negative experiences than they are positive ones. The forums makes it look like everyone is upset, but the players who are having a good time are busy playing the game. So they're not here to balance out all the complaints.

    Glad you are having a good time.

    Very True

  • They have been incredible, why the sarcasm?

  • @beater15 said:

    For me the negatives are less about the game mode and more how they seemingly dumbed down bots while forcing 2 of them per game. I didn't have many complaints in the last 2v8 except for how stingy BHVR is with bloodpoint bonuses.

    Actually you can have full lobbys, had it one time, I don't know if it was just buggy xD

  • @hermitkermit said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3883620#Comment_3883620

    You started by saying you didn’t understand why people disliked the mode, and when they explained, you dismissed their reasons as just ‘emotional’ because they weren’t positive like yours. But your own reason for liking the mode is emotional too.

    So if emotions invalidate criticism, wouldn’t they also invalidate praise?

    Either way, if you don’t care how people feel/what they think about it, thats fine, but then there is no point in starting a discussion about it, as communication is a two-way street. In any case I think it’s clear you’re not really looking for more than just agreement, and as I don’t think I fit in that category I’ll end it here so I don’t clog up your post anymore.

    Gliyn!

    I was making a statement of something I was reading on the forums, which of course you can see. I did not call out anyone or ask for any explanations. I also did not say my thoughts were positive at all, I clearly said all of that was my opinion. Opinions don't need explanations. The only things I dismissed was anyone trying to get me to have some kind of Eureka moment…..which clearly did not happen. I did not ask for a discussion either, if someone wanted to make a comment they could. I really don't have to discuss with anyone about anything. Many people disagreed with me, and they moved on. I applaud you for not caring what people think! I say that all the time! "What other people think of me is none of my business!" Good stuff! You too M8!

  • I personally absolutely love it! On both sides!

    Killer is a lot of fun in either soloq or with a friend. Survivor is just pure chaos and i love it.

    What I like most about this mode is the learning-value it provides. The relatively small killer roster makes learning survivor a lot easier as does learning the killers powers through the constant chasing aspect of 2v8.

    On top of that, we have og Nemesis. The literal only thing that sucks is the queue on killer, but even that is tolerable.

    Edit: oh, and Legion. Adding Legion was a mistake.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    I personally absolutely love it! On both sides!

    Killer is a lot of fun in either soloq or with a friend. Survivor is just pure chaos and i love it.

    What I like most about this mode is the learning-value it provides. The relatively small killer roster makes learning survivor a lot easier as does learning the killers powers through the constant chasing aspect of 2v8.

    On top of that, we have og Nemesis. The literal only thing that sucks is the queue on killer, but even that is tolerable.

    Noice! Yeah, I have not had a boring match yet. The last match I just played the killers were memeing and let a couple of us out! I absolutely agree on the learning aspect. I am a terrible looper and this is helping me learn a bit. Trapper is my least favorite just due to being nervous about stepping in a trap. Have fun out there!

  • @NarkoTri1er said:

    imho, this gamemode is just unsustainable in the long run and is plain unhealthy for the game.

    The fact that even bots didn't help reduce queue times shows how things are awful even more.

    I don't really wanna spend 15+ minutes waiting for the match as killer i 2v8 or playing the boring chaos game as survivor.

    Ohh but you still have 1v4 bro! Well no, killer queues even in 1v4 are very long. People are literally taking a break from dbd during 2v8 thanks to this, and i am too.

    I have been playing this game for years and have seen it change, good and bad. I used to have tons of friends who play, and I cannot get them to come back for anything. LOL! I totally agree on the Chaos Shuffle, I did not enjoy that mode at all. So I only played it for the tome stuff and then no more.

1 2 ›