Why does Trapper step into his traps?
I find this perplexing on both a design and balance state. Trapper already has counterplay against his power with both sabotage, small game, and just looking down and disabling traps. Why does he step in his traps? Why does he have this in his design?
Comments
Or at least I’ve yet to hear a legitimate reason as to why.
That is another issue, why do the devs put comedic shenanigans into their horror game.
Well if he doesn't put traps down where he's gonna walk.. No problem!
It is funny around the hut though... watching him plow into his own traps when chasing you.
What makes it worse is when you trap a pallet center mass and a survivor weaves through it. Then you have to go around it. Or, they deadhard through it and you have to go around. The Trapper's traps are the only power that truly hinders the user to a large degree at times. It is annoying, That said, the Trapper is still a lot of fun.
Easy Fix - If in a chase, the Trapper steps over his trap (not window traps). Boom, done.
THere are some killers that are hated by BHVR with a passion..... =(
Like who?
Trapper and freddy would be the prime examples here.
Doc has received several nerfs lately too, might aswell add him to the list^^
Because has legs i guess.
I don't think they nerfed Freddy because they hate him. It was because there was a plethora of complaints about him after he came out.
What nerfs did Doc get?
When you place it dead center in a pallet drop and they can weave by it, there is nothing more you can do. Seen it happen several times. They can also deadhard over it.
Umm, for balance? Oh and if you sabotage the trap it regenerate in 3 minutes (I think) And it's for logic..
I usually don't have issues with it myself. I think it's just bad design, why does trapper need that much counterplay just as a joke or a meme?
Trapper is 7 feet tall, he should easily walk over a bear trap.
Because you walked over it.
For this season I'm a Trapper main. Never had a problem avoiding my own traps.
Why does he step into his own traps?
Because you weren't paying attention, and now you have hurt poor trappers ankles. He is now a 110% move speed killer, look what you have done...
cause trapper weighs 300 pounds and stepping into a bt will set it off, also its really ######### funny
Because of logic.
Comedic value.
And maybe Chuck Norris.
But the Trapper can see the Aura of his Traps.
He would never step in them.
Memes?
I don't know... Why can't the survivors jump over his traps?