Let’s talk about aura reading

let’s talk about aura reading. Since the distortion nerf I’ve seen killers running whole builds of nothing but aura. While it could help them, there is little to nothing survivors can do since the distortion nerf. Bbq and chili, lethal pursuer, friends til the end, darkness revealed and even killer add ons that give them aura reading. Seriously aura is ruining the game. I miss old DBD when there were little to no aura reading. I already know I’m going to get comments like well at least they aren’t using gen perks. That’s besides the point. Having my location revealed every game has been such a hassle for me. I’m solo queue by the way. I don’t even know why I play anymore as killers have been getting nothing but hand outs. We used to use distortion to protect us from this but no the ones who run it just to hide all game got it nerfed for all of us. I don’t think it’s fair for us survivors. I wish DBD would work on helping solo queue out as it’s so unplayable recently. Please I’m begging…..

Comments

  • @Xernoton said:

    Can someone please explain why BBQ or Lethal Pursuer are considered problematic? These perks don't injure you. They also don't stop you from progressing the game. The only thing they do is give the killer a direction to go in, so that they can do what they are supposed to do, which is chasing and hooking survivors.

    Good killers will mostly not need to look for survivors anyway, since they always have an idea where to go. Lethal Pursuer is a way to deal with the rng of spawns in the early game. You can put 1,000 hours into this game and learn all possible survivor spawns. But when you spawn in the middle of the map or you are sent to a map with inconsistent spawns you have to guess where to go. This can already decide whether or not you will win the game.

    BBQ is a way to deal with survivors that play more stealthy. In a way it is like exhaustion perks. It will work very well in some games and only give minimal value in others.

    Easy:

    they aren't.

    I don't know why people always think auras are the death of them, but in general auras or information in general do not much without the ability to actually catch the survivor. A pig with Information where you are won't do much with it, a blight in comprehension will probably destroy you - that's the part most people ignore about aura read xD

  • @buggybug said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/436664/let-s-talk-about-aura-reading

    They always use the you would rather go against 4 slow down stale argument and you know what is funny? All of the gen perk requires that the kill down/hooks you to even use them cept for ruin and if the killer is bad at catching you =the slow downs has no value. I tried 4 slow downs even when they was good as killer and literally got cracked teams that made me end up not even getting a single value.

    Yet when I put on stuff like weave+attunement even though its been nerfed abit, am still getting alot more 3 to 4 ks or least 2 ks, I do not even waste my time kicking gens, keeping up that chase and knocking down that person seem alot more useful. I also LOL at the OOO garbage perk, yeah its okish on some killers but a huntress will love you using that, also worst it does not even work on stealth killers yet they still can see you. Most garbage design ever.

    I don't know how you play and against what people, but 4 slowdowns is usually the strongest thing you can do if you actually play territorial and tactical for specific gens. If you run around the map like a headless chicken: yes, you have probably more value from auras because you actually do something then instead of running around xD

  • @BroRespectTheBoop said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3870543#Comment_3870543

    "Killer Aura Reading & Screaming Perks"

    Off the record is limited to two 80 second sessions in a single match, and relies on you being hooked in order to even use it, plus it isnt enough time to even do a single generator. No one runs Sole Survivor because it relies on your teammates dying. So again, your point is flawed.

    BHVR heavily nerfed survivors only consistent way of blocking aura reading in Distortion. Then you claim "oh just hide in a locker", this solution is only useful for BBQ and Nowhere to hide, IF the killer isn't braindead and you're lucky enough to have a locker near your generator. Most killers with any game sense would check a locker near a gen thats clearly being worked on.

    "Second your list of aura perks includes quite a few things that aren't aura perks" - My list clearly says aura and screaming perks, and the screaming ones I included reveal your location. Again, please read before making baseless accusations. My list wasnt complaining about how unreasonable they are or arent, it was mainly listing off the shear amount of options killers have to find survivors.

    Aura reading is problematic in the sense that it removes the entire point of the hide and seek chase aspect and allows killers to easily hop into a new chase immediately. It completely removes the skill of having to track down a survivor by sound, blood pools and scratch marks to begin a chase.

    fun fact - hiding in a locker when a killer is running no where to hide and you are in a locker in that gens vicinity your aura will still be shown even with you being in the locker. Hence the name. Appreciate your comment tho, seems you get the point here I’m making. Thank you!!

  • @R3b3l54TTV said:

    I would love a version to play with 0 aura reading abilities, for both sides.

    oooo this sounds interesting, but highly doubt it’ll happen lol.

  • When killer mains said the game catered to survivors, survivors laughed. When survivors say the game catered to killers, killers laugh. It's all BS. The game is more balanced than it has ever been. You just don't have it easy, and you miss when you did. As a survivor player, solo queue is fine if you have good teammates. That's the risk in every multiplayer game. If you can't have good-faith conversations with people, and instead just ######### and moan "oh, survivors are gonna quit playing soon, oh killers are so broken, oh you're a killer main and your opinion doesn't matter," then don't expect anyone to care that you aren't having fun. In fact I hope you aren't. The game is better off without people like that on either side.

  • @exDbd said:

    I shouldn’t have to make a whole build to hide aura. That’s the whole point. I want to use perks that I normally run but it just sucks when killers get instant aura reading every so often. I mean I guess it’s okay as all these aura perks I hope will be nerfed soon since I’m seeing them way too much. Almost every game.

    I don't want to build around countering exhaustion perks that I see every game, but that's just the way DbD is.

  • There is way to much aura reading in game for a long time now.

    Sadly i can not see any of it being removed again.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3870604#Comment_3870604

    Ooh, fun build!

    I might suggest Alert instead of Inner Focus, I swear by that perk when I want killer tracking. Deceptively high uptime.

    I'll have to give that a try!

  • In my experience full Aura builds are weak to pretty great depending on Killer running it.

    I also want to remind everyone that Distortion wasn't nerfed to make Killer aura reading stronger. It was nerfed because people abused it to hide in corners and not help the team. They were already sandbagging.

1 2 ›