Hook timer buff and rise of slugging
Ive been noticing far more killers slugging lately, especially after bhvr buffed the hook timers (by 10 seconds I believe).
Wonder if this was intentional. Does bvhr want more slugs? Doesnt seem healthy...
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
I never said I lose to it, I stopped playing survivor almost a year ago. But nice attempt at playing the "you're just bad" card. Better luck next time.
And we both seem to agree that this is a low effort, high return play style. And since it literally takes less from the killer to do and is minimal effort, it's the definition of lazy.
But the fact that killers can win this way, enough that people are starting to push for this meta, tells me this is 100% absolutely a balance issue.
Let's keep the discussion civil and constructive.
Thank you!
basekit bt is fair. Quit complaining about everything survivors have
As long as tournament killers still camp and tunnel (which they still do) then using hooks and especially spreading the hooks and going for the 12 hooks is not more efficient than slugging. Devs made a great job at giving basekit solutions to camping and tunneling and I’m happy about it, but now it’s time to fix the gen rushing and making the game viable for the 12 hooks play-style
What I learned from this forum is that Survivors mains want the killer to be a prop. Just a bot chasing them, but making sure they can escape every trial.
It´s not hard to see how a decent group of survivors can win a match easily. With the new perk coming tomorrow, is just borderline insane expecting more buffs to survivors.
I actually asked AI to calculate the chances of a killer getting a 3k (a win) vs a group of survivors using good perks inclusing shoulder the burden.
Lower-tier killers like Trapper or Onryō might struggle, with their chances falling below ~15%-20%.
If you are FAIR and understand that a good looper can take 1-2 minutes to drop with 2 hits, well, imagine doing that 15 times and still win.
The only thing dumber than trying to compress DBD into a quick equation, is AI.
I think it gives a perspective. There’s a lot of evidence in how’s the game balance atm.
Competitive? Rules that favor killers, forbidden perks for survivors and still if a killer gets a kill with a normal middle tier killer is a miracle. You can go check right now the final played yesterday.
Swf? Still favors survivors. By a lot.
The new perk? Insanely strong when used with good players that are trying to win.
2 vs 8? Map wide aura read, no regress, instant heals, no hooks, unbreakables, unlimited pallets.
3 killers that are stronger than the rest by a lot.
What? About 10-15 outdated killers that urgently need reworks and / or buffs?
Fun part is this calculation did not consider items and add ons.
I think the dumb thing is trying to buff survivor further cause you get Johnny “I’m doing challenges” or Jenny “I give up on hook immediately”.
If game balance is not founded in whats possible, at some point the competitive aspect dies.
No, it reinforces your bias.
I can guarantee you that it didn't consider anything. The AI does not understand DBD nor anything about macro play unless it has, itself, played enough matches to incorporate those things.
Because for all of this doom talk, no one has ever been able to substantiate any of these claims about disparagingly low kill/win rates, and every time the stats get released, killers are doing fine or better.
I say let’s make killers incapable of killing, remove hooks and just have them running like bots chasing survivors. That would make it fun, keep survivors feelings untouched.
Btw, every single point made is not about AI, is about facts. When you can finish 70% of your objective by holding a mouse button and pressing the space bar in the first 3 minutes of a game, that should tell you something about balance, suppose that’s not enough, let’s just make killers puppies chasing cars, a nice utopian arcade no challenge dumb game so it dies.
God. This forum makes me sick. I’ll take another break from it.
Killers are winning the majority of their matches, certainly winning more than they're losing, killrates over 50% across the board, but whenever someone suggests that maybe we don't need to buff killers further, or could do something to make the game more playable for survivors, you come out swinging as though people are demanding a third health state.
It tells you jack about balance, that's gameplay design. It's got nothing to do with balance.
Game design sets the rules and mechanics, while balance ensures those rules are fair and fun. Balance is part of game design—they work together to make the game enjoyable. Survivors often want an easier time because bad teammates can be frustrating, but at a decent skill level, survivors already have a huge chance of winning, especially against 34 out of the 37 killers in the game.
But, like I always say, nothing ever feels good enough for some survivors unless it’s the most extreme, overpowered buffs imaginable. Hell, there are even people asking for survivor buffs in the 2v8 mode—it’s ridiculous. At this rate, they might as well make killers incapable of killing—wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, right?
I suppose 40% can technically be considered a 'huge chance', yeah. I mean, there is a realistic chance that survivors win a match. But if that's the hill you want to die on, it's not the survivors that are expecting the other party to play for their amusement, is it?
Remember that's a 40% survive rate not a 40% win rate. Its much closer to 25-28% win rate of 3+ out
Closing this here, as we already requested to keep the discussion civil.