Survivors need nerfs

right, I’ve been playing this game for years and use to be a surv main thinking killer was too strong and whatnot. Playing the past year constantly as killer I can say survivors are beyond broken it’s actually a joke. Ik people gonna say skill issue and alla that but when you’re at high mmr and go against these types of survivors it’s an actual joke. I feel weak as any killer. It’s beyond difficult and too stressful. Gens need a fat nerf, hook times need a nerf , loops need a nerf and imo surv movement speed as a hole should be nerfed holding forward is so strong it’s actually a joke. Like I love this game but I’m actually losing the plot on how survivors are this busted and still not been nerfed. You can seriously tell the devs are more bias towards survivors. Playing a killer should be the power role but it’s not in anyway shape or form I feel weak and powerless. Survivor shack (my personal name for it) is broken asf it’s not even fair. 4% off hook should also be removed from the game as you’ve worked that hard to get the down for it to be taken by luck and bs. Hatch is just a pitty way out for surv yet another chance, while killers are getting nerfed on repeat with little buffs to compensate. What I’m trying to say is surv needs some serious looking at as playing killer at high level is barbaric and so unfair. I pray that the devs seriously look at survivors, loops and gems and nerf them, 2 gens off 1 chase is a joke especially when they spawn on a gen while you as a killler have to transverse the map to find someone then chase them then down them and then hook them = 2 gens gone. It’s just become an actual joke all these anti tunnel stuff for surv and nothing for killer. As a high level killer main people will understand you HAVE to tunnel to even get a draw if lucky a 3 man. It looks like I’m going back to a surv main as killer is far too hard for far too little reward and when I play surv I feel powerful and that’s the complete opposite to killer.

Comments

  • @TimelessData said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3824191#Comment_3824191

    it don’t work both ways when you have 4 man sef gen rushing you and you got no chance of winning its that simple survivors are jist too strong and need an overall nerf I shouldn’t have to tunnel but the game for a win you have to i watch high mmr killers and they tunnel to win so I don’t know who you be watching

    That doesnt explain tunneling at 5 gens and it goes back to what I said, you sweat, tunnel and camp to get the win, your MMR goes up then you cant handle that MMR because youre not actually good at the game.

  • For now, the bug where stun grenades can be thrown silently (when will it be fixed?)and at least fix the Ada bug with the base kit Iron Will?

  • @TimelessData said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3824191#Comment_3824191

    it don’t work both ways when you have 4 man sef gen rushing you and you got no chance of winning its that simple survivors are jist too strong and need an overall nerf I shouldn’t have to tunnel but the game for a win you have to i watch high mmr killers and they tunnel to win so I don’t know who you be watching

    Look up high end games and they have no issues winning about 60-70% of their games. I think what happened is you hit a threshold of gaming at that character playstyle and have to change it up. No harm admitting you hit that cap everyone has a different threshold or limit.

  • @upsideinsanity said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3834723#Comment_3834723

    That doesnt explain tunneling at 5 gens and it goes back to what I said, you sweat, tunnel and camp to get the win, your MMR goes up then you cant handle that MMR because youre not actually good at the game.

    tunnelling and sweating is also high skill as survivors have so much to counter that so I don’t know what ur saying tbh. If I want to tunnel at 5 gens I can there’s no rule behind it and the most effective way of getting 4 mans is tunneling Litt most high level killers say this.

  • You can’t change anything up expect abuse gen slow down because they fly to quickly and because I don’t use high tier killers I have a harder time to keep up at high mmr.

  • @nodforkiss said:

    i think healing needs a nerf. since sloppy and mangled got nerfed into the ground, its time to make healing 24s.

    No, it doesn't need to be, Sloppy is just as effective as before it lasts more than long enough to maintain pressure still.

    What the game needs is improvement to the base game for both sides IMO that slowdown momentum when it gets out of hand without perks:

    Anti gen-rush for killer: Deadlock and Corrupt for killer would be great to buy time for killers stop the early game genrush spawns and fix when survivors get too much momentum allowing the killer to make more mistakes

    Anti tunnel for survivors: DS and Unbreakable wtihout the speed for the TUNNELED survivor to give them a second chance if the killer is tunneling outright, can still keep the pressure by slugging but not keep it for free to derive from focusing them and to buy time for others to help.

    We need to make the game more forgiving for Solo Q and Killers who wish to use anything other than full slowdown IMO.

    Maybe doing an experimental mode with these or other ideas to test to see if people like it is the key

  • @TimelessData said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3834886#Comment_3834886

    tunnelling and sweating is also high skill as survivors have so much to counter that so I don’t know what ur saying tbh. If I want to tunnel at 5 gens I can there’s no rule behind it and the most effective way of getting 4 mans is tunneling Litt most high level killers say this.

    I'd agree with upside on this. 'Sweating' is fine, but if you have to tunnel and camp to do well, you're in an MMR that's too high for your skill level. It's the same with lower skill survivors who constantly hide and don't develop their skill in chase.

    Don't get me wrong, my feeling is that most killers available aren't fit for top level DBD matches.

  • @TimelessData said:

    right, I’ve been playing this game for years and use to be a surv main thinking killer was too strong and whatnot. Playing the past year constantly as killer I can say survivors are beyond broken it’s actually a joke. Ik people gonna say skill issue and alla that but when you’re at high mmr and go against these types of survivors it’s an actual joke. I feel weak as any killer. It’s beyond difficult and too stressful. Gens need a fat nerf, hook times need a nerf , loops need a nerf and imo surv movement speed as a hole should be nerfed holding forward is so strong it’s actually a joke. Like I love this game but I’m actually losing the plot on how survivors are this busted and still not been nerfed. You can seriously tell the devs are more bias towards survivors. Playing a killer should be the power role but it’s not in anyway shape or form I feel weak and powerless. Survivor shack (my personal name for it) is broken asf it’s not even fair. 4% off hook should also be removed from the game as you’ve worked that hard to get the down for it to be taken by luck and bs. Hatch is just a pitty way out for surv yet another chance, while killers are getting nerfed on repeat with little buffs to compensate. What I’m trying to say is surv needs some serious looking at as playing killer at high level is barbaric and so unfair. I pray that the devs seriously look at survivors, loops and gems and nerf them, 2 gens off 1 chase is a joke especially when they spawn on a gen while you as a killler have to transverse the map to find someone then chase them then down them and then hook them = 2 gens gone. It’s just become an actual joke all these anti tunnel stuff for surv and nothing for killer. As a high level killer main people will understand you HAVE to tunnel to even get a draw if lucky a 3 man. It looks like I’m going back to a surv main as killer is far too hard for far too little reward and when I play surv I feel powerful and that’s the complete opposite to killer.

    Killers win most of their games in low mmr.

    Killers win most of their games at mid mmr.

    Killers win most of their games at high mmr.

    Killers win most of there games againsr 4-swf at iri 1.

    According to data, games killers dont “win” are more likely to be ties rather than losses

    Please note hatch doesnt count as a win during these statistics.

    Also, as killer I noticed at the beginning of the game is when surviviors have the most resources and i have zero pressure, so instead of being surprised surviviors do literally the only objective available at the moment, i began applying pressure, dont focus on generators and force them to do the other objectives

  • @TimelessData said:

    right, I’ve been playing this game for years and use to be a surv main thinking killer was too strong and whatnot. Playing the past year constantly as killer I can say survivors are beyond broken it’s actually a joke. Ik people gonna say skill issue and alla that but when you’re at high mmr and go against these types of survivors it’s an actual joke. I feel weak as any killer. It’s beyond difficult and too stressful. Gens need a fat nerf, hook times need a nerf , loops need a nerf and imo surv movement speed as a hole should be nerfed holding forward is so strong it’s actually a joke. Like I love this game but I’m actually losing the plot on how survivors are this busted and still not been nerfed. You can seriously tell the devs are more bias towards survivors. Playing a killer should be the power role but it’s not in anyway shape or form I feel weak and powerless. Survivor shack (my personal name for it) is broken asf it’s not even fair. 4% off hook should also be removed from the game as you’ve worked that hard to get the down for it to be taken by luck and bs. Hatch is just a pitty way out for surv yet another chance, while killers are getting nerfed on repeat with little buffs to compensate. What I’m trying to say is surv needs some serious looking at as playing killer at high level is barbaric and so unfair. I pray that the devs seriously look at survivors, loops and gems and nerf them, 2 gens off 1 chase is a joke especially when they spawn on a gen while you as a killler have to transverse the map to find someone then chase them then down them and then hook them = 2 gens gone. It’s just become an actual joke all these anti tunnel stuff for surv and nothing for killer. As a high level killer main people will understand you HAVE to tunnel to even get a draw if lucky a 3 man. It looks like I’m going back to a surv main as killer is far too hard for far too little reward and when I play surv I feel powerful and that’s the complete opposite to killer.

    SWF's need to be taken a look at imo

  • @BurnedTerrormisu said:

    What killrate for your killer games would be fair?

    65%

  • Gen times just need to be increased more.

    And there need to be stronger measures to deter camping and tunneling.

  • @TimelessData said:

    right, I’ve been playing this game for years and use to be a surv main thinking killer was too strong and whatnot. Playing the past year constantly as killer I can say survivors are beyond broken it’s actually a joke. Ik people gonna say skill issue and alla that but when you’re at high mmr and go against these types of survivors it’s an actual joke. I feel weak as any killer. It’s beyond difficult and too stressful. Gens need a fat nerf, hook times need a nerf , loops need a nerf and imo surv movement speed as a hole should be nerfed holding forward is so strong it’s actually a joke. Like I love this game but I’m actually losing the plot on how survivors are this busted and still not been nerfed. You can seriously tell the devs are more bias towards survivors. Playing a killer should be the power role but it’s not in anyway shape or form I feel weak and powerless. Survivor shack (my personal name for it) is broken asf it’s not even fair. 4% off hook should also be removed from the game as you’ve worked that hard to get the down for it to be taken by luck and bs. Hatch is just a pitty way out for surv yet another chance, while killers are getting nerfed on repeat with little buffs to compensate. What I’m trying to say is surv needs some serious looking at as playing killer at high level is barbaric and so unfair. I pray that the devs seriously look at survivors, loops and gems and nerf them, 2 gens off 1 chase is a joke especially when they spawn on a gen while you as a killler have to transverse the map to find someone then chase them then down them and then hook them = 2 gens gone. It’s just become an actual joke all these anti tunnel stuff for surv and nothing for killer. As a high level killer main people will understand you HAVE to tunnel to even get a draw if lucky a 3 man. It looks like I’m going back to a surv main as killer is far too hard for far too little reward and when I play surv I feel powerful and that’s the complete opposite to killer.

    skill issue. I play high MMR all the time it’s no problem for me. In fact I believe killers need nerfs and I’m a killer main. Do you know how easy it is for me to tunnel someone out? Extremely easy. You just need to get better tbh

  • Every kind of evidence we have states the complete opposite. Based on actual statistics, not just personal experiences. You can have any kind of opinion you want, but until the evidence supports your opinions, it's bound to be rather unpopular and frequently challenged.

  • I think the bigger problem is, killers ending up in high MMR and getting their rear handed to them repeatedly only to keep matching against strong survivors.

    The game is NOT this unbalanced if your matchmaking fits your skill level, when matched against people that match your capabilities I have found most systems work as intended.

    Against weaker survs I can get 4ks, against coordinated teams I get 1-3k. But in the past I have been to MMR hell where the survivors always know what to do and, wow that is a nightmare, I agree.

  • @upsideinsanity said:

    If you tunnel to win, your MMR will go up. If you then cant handle that higher MMR you don't deserve to be there and should learn to play without those styles because yes you will get the anti tunnel perks and the survivors that can counter that playstyle.

    I watch plenty of killer mains' streams that win on high MMR without tunneling. Its possible if you have the skill for it.

    But most importantly, it's a game. Stop being so competitive and make it fun. This is a "party" game after all (according to the devs). If you're not having fun, or intentionally trying to ruin the other team's fun, you're doing the video gaming wrong (this statement works both ways).

    THIS.
    Figure out how to make the game fun.

    It's a hostile environment by nature, and I had to learn how to change my approach so it didn't burn me out again. If I begged the devs to "fix" how much pain I was facing back then, I'd still be hurting.

  • Problem is the game isn’t fun when 3 gens pop at once or 2 when ur having a chase there’s just too much pressure for how quick the gens fly it’s not hard to sit on a gen for over a minute and complete it and with the perks survivors have to quicken the gen speed it’s just so much on the killer and is just not fun I shouldn’t feel weak and powerless and I do.

  • @The_furf_of_July said:

    I think the bigger problem is, killers ending up in high MMR and getting their rear handed to them repeatedly only to keep matching against strong survivors.

    The game is NOT this unbalanced if your matchmaking fits your skill level, when matched against people that match your capabilities I have found most systems work as intended.

    Against weaker survs I can get 4ks, against coordinated teams I get 1-3k. But in the past I have been to MMR hell where the survivors always know what to do and, wow that is a nightmare, I agree.

    Yeah I agree 100% with you I lose 2 games against a swf go against bots the next get a 4k and its back to ultra sweats like I just played as Vecna there and they just held forward I have a fly ability but it’s just not enough to catch me up. It’s just really really stressful when you know the gens are being worked on at a rapid pace and you can’t really do much about it.

  • @hermitkermit said:

    Every kind of evidence we have states the complete opposite. Based on actual statistics, not just personal experiences. You can have any kind of opinion you want, but until the evidence supports your opinions, it's bound to be rather unpopular and frequently challenged.

    That evidence is for everyone not specified high level surv swfs and that’s all I go against and it’s not fun like.

  • @bubbamain_0230 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/430126/survivors-need-nerfs

    skill issue. I play high MMR all the time it’s no problem for me. In fact I believe killers need nerfs and I’m a killer main. Do you know how easy it is for me to tunnel someone out? Extremely easy. You just need to get better tbh

    Fact you say skill issue shows it’s not that and you clearly don’t have constant high level swf because 0 killer can go against a good swf and win sometimes you might but not all. Extremely easy when they have off the record or ds then body blocking the gens will fly. This is personal experience and watching high level players. You cannot get better against an impossible win against a swf or high level survivors who make 0 mistake.

  • @YamamuraVideoRentals said:

    Gen times just need to be increased more.

    And there need to be stronger measures to deter camping and tunneling.

    Literally that I feel like gens just fly too fast for how long chances can last and it’s just a lose lose situation. All gen speed perks need to be removed from the game as they go fast enough as it is.

  • @trapners said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/430126/survivors-need-nerfs

    Killers win most of their games in low mmr.

    Killers win most of their games at mid mmr.

    Killers win most of their games at high mmr.

    Killers win most of there games againsr 4-swf at iri 1.

    According to data, games killers dont “win” are more likely to be ties rather than losses

    Please note hatch doesnt count as a win during these statistics.

    Also, as killer I noticed at the beginning of the game is when surviviors have the most resources and i have zero pressure, so instead of being surprised surviviors do literally the only objective available at the moment, i began applying pressure, dont focus on generators and force them to do the other objectives

    Yeah it’s just annoying I spawn in and by the time I find one or couple on a gen across the map it’s 70% then the chase and by that time that gen is already done so you start with 4 gens. And the most annoying thing is totem spawns on gens so there goes one of ur perks before you can even stop it.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3835087#Comment_3835087

    I'd agree with upside on this. 'Sweating' is fine, but if you have to tunnel and camp to do well, you're in an MMR that's too high for your skill level. It's the same with lower skill survivors who constantly hide and don't develop their skill in chase.

    Don't get me wrong, my feeling is that most killers available aren't fit for top level DBD matches.

    I see your point, but whenever I try to not tunnel I don’t get a 4 man because hooking chasing and whatnot takes too long while the gens are being worked on. I need to apply pressure and the only way I can get that early game is tunnel. It’s not like I enjoy it but that’s the games incentive is to get kills not hooks.

  • No matter how good you’re there will be a 4man survivors who will just be better. Because it’s near impossible to win against them with any killer. It is a 4v1 after all so you’re already at a disadvantage ya know. It’s like they’re the bosses the power roll and it shouldn’t be.

  • And when you do well but not good enough to win they t bag at the end to rub it in and yh it’s easy to say ignore but it’s just annoying when ik for a fact they’re just stronger and I can’t do nothing about it except take the l even when I played well.

  • From what I'm hearing, you are in fairly desperate need of a break from the game.

    This isn't "just a skill issue". It's important to treat your emotions with respect, and it seems pretty obvious this game has made you feel awful lately.

    I sincerely think it would be a good idea to find a different game to play for a while, and come back with a clear head.
    A break can work wonders for thinking of a new approach, especially after getting stuck in a burnout rut like this.

    I wish you the best 💚

  • @TimelessData said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3836627#Comment_3836627

    That evidence is for everyone not specified high level surv swfs and that’s all I go against and it’s not fun like.

    "Specified high level surv swfs" are included. The evidence includes everyone. Unless you're suggesting that Behavior goes out of their way to lie about statistics, and are blatanltly hiding or skewing data because they are… malicious? Which is quite a hefty claim.

  • @TimelessData said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3836616#Comment_3836616

    Fact you say skill issue shows it’s not that and you clearly don’t have constant high level swf because 0 killer can go against a good swf and win sometimes you might but not all. Extremely easy when they have off the record or ds then body blocking the gens will fly. This is personal experience and watching high level players. You cannot get better against an impossible win against a swf or high level survivors who make 0 mistake.

    Not true at all. See for example https://x.com/momoseventh/status/1769285428350513644?s=46&t=bEndA0OIWKAA1vXbqE9DCw

    If you are insanely good (which means you have insane "not normal" skill), you will win literally hundreds or more games in a row (there are multitudes of killer mains going for very long kill streaks) in public games. The game is indeed killer sided and if nobody makes any mistakes, survivors are guaranteed to loose. Provided you play strong killer of course.

    But even if you play "bad" killer, you will still win most games in pubs even without camping/tunneling/slugging/using abilities. It's just hard, but it's still all on you as a killer and on your knowledge - see

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaR-9_Vjp3s

    And note that it's not just Hens and it's not just those 10 games (watch the very end for details).

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3838112#Comment_3838112

    Not true at all. See for example https://x.com/momoseventh/status/1769285428350513644?s=46&t=bEndA0OIWKAA1vXbqE9DCw

    If you are insanely good (which means you have insane "not normal" skill), you will win literally hundreds or more games in a row (there are multitudes of killer mains going for very long kill streaks) in public games. The game is indeed killer sided and if nobody makes any mistakes, survivors are guaranteed to loose. Provided you play strong killer of course.

    But even if you play "bad" killer, you will still win most games in pubs even without camping/tunneling/slugging/using abilities. It's just hard, but it's still all on you as a killer and on your knowledge - see

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaR-9_Vjp3s

    And note that it's not just Hens and it's not just those 10 games (watch the very end for details).

    This brings up a good point. I've watched some streamers just stomp group after group. DwichaelJackson comes to mind, but I've also watched someone play Nurse and just get 4k after 4k nonstop.

    Having said that, even a lot of talented streamers will admit that they're not playing at comp level, even some that have done comp on the past. Anyway, I don't think I'm at top MMR, so I'll let others debate those things :)

1 2 ›