Okay flashbang needs a nerf

I know i said this before but im tired of seeing survivors doing the same strategy

Jump in locker>killer attempts to grab the hiding survivor> survivor drop flashbang>killer cant do anything> easy save

Also flashbang can hit killers who arent even looking around flashbang, it can hit you behind you, under you, or if you are looking up the flashbang still hits you.

Either make lightborn longer or remove the radius so the killer has to look at the explosion to get blinded

Comments

  • Also revert the buff it wasnt needed

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/428601/okay-flashbang-needs-a-nerf

    I wanna draw attention to this line. I can't understand it so I need some help.

    make lightborn longer

    What does this mean?

    If you open a locker you get temp lightborn for certain amount of time. Im asking it to make it longer so killer isnt in a lose lose situation

  • @legiondoctor said:

    I know i said this before but im tired of seeing survivors doing the same strategy

    Jump in locker>killer attempts to grab the hiding survivor> survivor drop flashbang>killer cant do anything> easy save

    Also flashbang can hit killers who arent even looking around flashbang, it can hit you behind you, under you, or if you are looking up the flashbang still hits you.

    Either make lightborn longer or remove the radius so the killer has to look at the explosion to get blinded

    Locker + Flashbang is frustrating, but it hardly ever happens.

    In my experience, it happens only with bully squads, and those are a bit more rare lately.

    My main argument for why flashbangs shouldn't be nerfed is the fact it requires skill to use, outside of that particular scenario. I've had plenty of flashbangs whiff uselessly by me when chasing or grabbing Victims, so it seems balanced to me.

  • The only changed I would make is that if a killer picks up against a wall, it shouldn't blind the killer just because the survivor gets no collision. Then again, I don't like dealing with flashlights and flashbangs, so I just use Lightborne. It makes my games so much less stressful.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    The only changed I would make is that if a killer picks up against a wall, it shouldn't blind the killer just because the survivor gets no collision. Then again, I don't like dealing with flashlights and flashbangs, so I just use Lightborne. It makes my games so much less stressful.

    They just need to fix the no collision when picking up exploit. It's silly.

  • @legiondoctor said:

    I know i said this before but im tired of seeing survivors doing the same strategy

    Jump in locker>killer attempts to grab the hiding survivor> survivor drop flashbang>killer cant do anything> easy save

    Also flashbang can hit killers who arent even looking around flashbang, it can hit you behind you, under you, or if you are looking up the flashbang still hits you.

    Either make lightborn longer or remove the radius so the killer has to look at the explosion to get blinded

    I've never seen the thing you're describing not even on bully squads xD

    I can confidently say that flashbangs don't hit you always, as long as you look up even standing on top doesn't do anything at all then (you can also turn away from it without issues). I give you the point that it's uncounterable while you pick up against a wall and dropped inside you, that's a thing that should be removed.

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/428601/okay-flashbang-needs-a-nerf

    I've never seen the thing you're describing not even on bully squads xD

    I can confidently say that flashbangs don't hit you always, as long as you look up even standing on top doesn't do anything at all then (you can also turn away from it without issues). I give you the point that it's uncounterable while you pick up against a wall and dropped inside you, that's a thing that should be removed.

    I seen it alot. They go to a locker and is stop chasing and another survivor enters locke cause they know if i open a locker i would be punished for it.

  • @legiondoctor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3810332#Comment_3810332

    I seen it alot. They go to a locker and is stop chasing and another survivor enters locke cause they know if i open a locker i would be punished for it.

    Sounds relatively specific to do, no wonder I've never seen it xD

    Well maybe I will some day, bullysquads aren't too rare ^^

  • Yeah, Killers should not lose their collision when picking up. Flashbang blinds against a wall should not happen. And the locker grab blind immunity needs to be a second longer.

  • Flashbangs are rare and limited. You need to finish 40% of a gen.

    Flashbangs are not so easy on their own, you definitely need some skill to use them. Good positioning, good timing - you need to drop flashbang really fast after pick up.

    Also, not much flashbangs users are there. It happens on rare occasions.

  • imho, worst thing about flashbangs is audio bug causing them to be completely silent most of the times you throw them

  • tbh the fact you can flashbang a killers feet is stupid, and thats all there is to it. It's irredeemable game design. The only counter a killer has to being blinded is looking at a wall, and thats already not always possible. The fact a survivor can then just ignore the only counter and flash the killer anyway shouldn't be possible. They should be nerfed so that it at least has to be in front of the killer- not under them- to work. There's 0 skill in just chucking it under a killer's feet.

  • They could probably just make it so that if a survivor was JUST in a chase with the killer, and the killer pulls them out of the locker within 3 seconds of them hiding, it's a much faster animation.

  • @legiondoctor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3810332#Comment_3810332

    I seen it alot. They go to a locker and is stop chasing and another survivor enters locke cause they know if i open a locker i would be punished for it.

    Yeah, if two people with flashbang jump into lockers right next to each other, there's nothing you can do but leave them, it's pretty stupid.

  • @legiondoctor said:

    I know i said this before but im tired of seeing survivors doing the same strategy

    Jump in locker>killer attempts to grab the hiding survivor> survivor drop flashbang>killer cant do anything> easy save

    Also flashbang can hit killers who arent even looking around flashbang, it can hit you behind you, under you, or if you are looking up the flashbang still hits you.

    Either make lightborn longer or remove the radius so the killer has to look at the explosion to get blinded

    I think flash bang is semi okay BUT they definetly need it to make noise again. It is definetly not fair to throw one in front of the killer and it doesn't make any sound.

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/428601/okay-flashbang-needs-a-nerf

    I've never seen the thing you're describing not even on bully squads xD

    I can confidently say that flashbangs don't hit you always, as long as you look up even standing on top doesn't do anything at all then (you can also turn away from it without issues). I give you the point that it's uncounterable while you pick up against a wall and dropped inside you, that's a thing that should be removed.

    I present the still get blinded by a silent flashbang while looking up special. If I would’ve heard it I probably could’ve paused slightly but preemptively looking up and still getting blinded is insane. The perk honestly needs to be kill switched until it’s fixed since it’s clearly still bugged even though bhvr said they fixed it. some people don’t know, but the ones who do are abusing the current state and it makes killer unfun to play.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/PlayfulMuddyPangolinKappaWealth-tzoaAuEjZPUKvPUZ
  • @NarkoTri1er said:

    imho, worst thing about flashbangs is audio bug causing them to be completely silent most of the times you throw them

    This sometimes also happens with Nemesis' tentacle where the animation doesnt play nor does the ready noise when he comes around corners.

    I'm 100 percent confident it's to do with their awful LoD optimisation

  • I think the way to fix this is just to remove the ability to double-stun a Killer. You shouldn't be ABLE to stunlock a Killer with a Head On into Flashbang into Flashlight, it doesn't save time and has no gameplay use. There's never any legitimate reason to be able to do that except to annoy the Killer player, it's literally just griefing, and always done to target lower MMR Killers into DCing out of anger or to mess with M1 Killers that don't have much to counter it.

  • @tricks5776 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3810332#Comment_3810332

    I present the still get blinded by a silent flashbang while looking up special. If I would’ve heard it I probably could’ve paused slightly but preemptively looking up and still getting blinded is insane. The perk honestly needs to be kill switched until it’s fixed since it’s clearly still bugged even though bhvr said they fixed it. some people don’t know, but the ones who do are abusing the current state and it makes killer unfun to play.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/PlayfulMuddyPangolinKappaWealth-tzoaAuEjZPUKvPUZ

    I see two options there.

    first: you looked slightly down, sometimes that's already enough for you to be able to get blinded.

    Second: I don't know where this flashbang was located, if it was on the stairs or slightly on the stairs you could be blinded even while looking up.

    However I agree that it's increadible annoying you don't hear them most of the time and they should really fix it.

  • Here we go again, btw flashbangs is making loud clanking sounds again. I wonder if people know that in the actual re game flash bang blinds and stuns enemies and also it makes a very loud screeching sound which yall lucky bvhr didnt that part of or the stun? Also you can aim them in the way you want to throw them unlike like dbd where its just drop it and hope it connects

    Anyways as expected you got the killers who brag about lightborn and uses it as base kit but then the ones who do not wanna use it and qq.

    Its the same as when survivors complain about tunneling and its oh run otr/ds but then when survivor who dont want to use that is told when its on them and to deal with. So killers if yall dont wanna run lightborn its on you ^^.

  • @buggybug said:

    Here we go again, btw flashbangs is making loud clanking sounds again. I wonder if people know that in the actual re game flash bang blinds and stuns enemies and also it makes a very loud screeching sound which yall lucky bvhr didnt that part of or the stun? Also you can aim them in the way you want to throw them unlike like dbd where its just drop it and hope it connects

    Anyways as expected you got the killers who brag about lightborn and uses it as base kit but then the ones who do not wanna use it and qq.

    Its the same as when survivors complain about tunneling and its oh run otr/ds but then when survivor who dont want to use that is told when its on them and to deal with. So killers if yall dont wanna run lightborn its on you ^^.

    There a few issues with that statement.

    1. Im not sure what RE has to do with how the stun in dbd works, its a completely different genre of game. Apples and oranges you know.
    2. Survivors not only have counters to tunneling basekit, aka basekit BT and all. And you also have survivors who can take hits, sabo, etc. Being blinded, sure, killers can run lightborn. But killers dont have basekit lightborn. Sure we can look at a wall but several times a day I am practically SMELLING the wall and a survivor clips into me, drops it and gets a save. Unavoidable. No basekit protection and no one to help. Apples to oranges again man. Not only is there pretty obvious logical flaws, but its also just a completely different thing.
  • Lol a group just tried this against me but i was playing knight. They tried several times but the guards got them even if they saved.

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/428601/okay-flashbang-needs-a-nerf

    I wanna draw attention to this line. I can't understand it so I need some help.

    make lightborn longer

    What does this mean?

    I see that op answered your question, and that this post is several months old, but someone resurrected the post and I really like absurd things that appear to have no meaning... So I'd like to second op's suggestion.

    I say we make lightborn longer, like, 17 meters longer.

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3865048#Comment_3865048

    lol wow.

    Well, since we're here, Im still confused what it means. Lightborn just makes you immune to the blind effect, always and forever, right? What does distance or duration matter in this? Am I reading this wrong?

    Op meant they wanted to extend the duration of the brief blind immunity during locker pickups. Distance sadly had nothing to do with it :(

    I just wanted to say something dumb, hence asking for distance :)

  • @DefNotAnOniMain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3863571#Comment_3863571

    There a few issues with that statement.

    1. Im not sure what RE has to do with how the stun in dbd works, its a completely different genre of game. Apples and oranges you know.
    2. Survivors not only have counters to tunneling basekit, aka basekit BT and all. And you also have survivors who can take hits, sabo, etc. Being blinded, sure, killers can run lightborn. But killers dont have basekit lightborn. Sure we can look at a wall but several times a day I am practically SMELLING the wall and a survivor clips into me, drops it and gets a save. Unavoidable. No basekit protection and no one to help. Apples to oranges again man. Not only is there pretty obvious logical flaws, but its also just a completely different thing.

    Run lightborn easy fix and the reason why I brought up RE is I felt that flashbang should have stun on it just like blast mine does. I am sure its not a hard thing to add.

    With slugging niche ub and expo does not counter mass endless slugging, with tunneling ds and otr is just as niche with conspicuous added it it.

    With finisher mori added alot of things now got worst amount of marches where I or a person about to be tunnel out to die at end game but me or teamate took enough body block to force killer to drop prerson becomes invalid since they will force you out and can mori the person who would wiggle off instead.