New former reshade user is now worried about getting banned

Hello,
I'd like to start this off by saying I couldn't use the NVIDIA filters because of a computer issue so I resorted to Reshade. I recently saw on X a very famous streamer, Reudig, saying both Reshade and NVIDIA filters are now flagged by EAC.
Problem is: After updating the game to its latest patch, I played about 5 matches as normal with my filters before seeing the patches. I then got kicked out of one of my games by EAC and decided to take a break and check X, which is when I got informed of the new changes.
Is my account flagged? Will I get banned?
Thanks.

Tagged: Co-ordinatorMod

Comments

  • It's way easier to dodge a killer using the gamepad.

    I say that from both sides. (I survive chases more with a gamepad and survivors on gamepad dodge me more often than the typical K&M ones)

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3788302#Comment_3788302

    But therein lies the problem. The same program that can "just increase the brightness a bit" can be used to increase the red stain such that it can be seen through cracks in walls in ways that normally it could not be seen. So this program can be used to go into the territory that you already agree is a "cheat". So in light of that, there's no way BHVR can allow this program to be used in a way that lets them see HOW it is being used and then ban those that are using it a little "too much"

    Yup, that's where everyone should draw the line.

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3787905#Comment_3787905

    I'm not hating on console players by any means if you think that. I know there are always choices and factors. I used to be console player back at the days and i still to this day think RPGS are best played on console. There are games i own on steam that i hate playing on keyboard which are just simply better on controller.

    I'm just simply stating the fact that DBD used to be PC only game at the start no? Correct me if im wrong. So of course they are going to be more catered towards PC.

    Lack of space… well honest Big ass tv takes more space than small desk and a PC. Money wise.. yeah Pcs are pricey and requires more parts, and not everyone can afford to buy expensive gaming PCs, which you don't need to play this game. You can easily play this game with 500-600 euro /dollar PC. Which is the same price as PS5. Many people enjoy sitting on the couch and kick back and play the game. I'm not blaming them, but sitting far away from the tv and not having the options PC has comes with that choice. I can almost every time tell whos a controller/ console player when i see one as a killer. They have clumsier movements than PC killers.

    DBD came out in 2016, and for about a year or so was just on Steam. Then in 2017 it was ported over to PS4 and Xbox1, and onto Switch. Afterwards came Windows & Stadia, and lastly the wonderful experience with adding in Epic. So for about a year early on it was just on Steam.

    Is it still too PC-favored? Depends on how you look at it. By far most of the players are on console, yet no M&K support and as you correctly point out many killers cannot be played anywhere near their full potential with a controller. For playing as a surv it's pretty good but not perfect. Then there's this lovely discussion here about filters and dismally small in-game options.

    However there's no PTB access, and no representation among the Fog Whisperers either. I'm not even sure if the devs can get their Tim Horton's in the morning without opening up Steam first. 🤣

    As for costs, that entirely depends on where in the world you are, and how strong a machine you build. For lots of reasons DBD is a unusually demanding beast in resources to run well. Iffy optimization is a part of that, plus the underlying 2016 coding the game's been built upon.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3787877#Comment_3787877

    Just because your game is brighter doesn't make you a better player. This is such a silly argument with literally no backing whatsoever.

    If that's the case, then why bother having a lights out modifier if darkness doesn't matter? Of course being able to see in dark areas makes a difference - again, there's an entire gamemode around it. Imagine going into Lights Out but still seeing the map ias normal - it'd be completely gamebreaking. Utilizing darkness both as a killer and a survivor is part of the game. There's plenty of times where ducking quickly out of sight and blending in with the environmental darkness could mean the difference of a goal being completed or not. It literally has a gameplay advantage over those not using lighting modifiers.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3788302#Comment_3788302

    But therein lies the problem. The same program that can "just increase the brightness a bit" can be used to increase the red stain such that it can be seen through cracks in walls in ways that normally it could not be seen. So this program can be used to go into the territory that you already agree is a "cheat". So in light of that, there's no way BHVR can allow this program to be used in a way that lets them see HOW it is being used and then ban those that are using it a little "too much"

    Thats why I think bhvr should add an in game toggle option to increase brightness and keep any outside software as it is. That way, all but the cheaters are happy.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3787356#Comment_3787356

    Give me some of that popcorn as well. This is streched res all over again.

    81YyiJy0YpL.jpg

    Here you go my friend, plenty for everyone! 😎

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3787877#Comment_3787877

    Just because your game is brighter doesn't make you a better player. This is such a silly argument with literally no backing whatsoever.

    I'm a horrible cheater then. Even with reshade i keep dying all the time and as a killer i get 0-1ks all the time. Only "Advantage" i get is that my eyes are thanking me and my game looks better than normally. People calling us reshaders cheaters is funny :P

  • @Paternalpark said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3787666#Comment_3787666

    Glad scrachmarks got brightened but what about the red stain? Scratchmarks are opaque but red stain is transparent.

    Killers dont need filters anymore but survivor still has the same red stain from 7 years ago?

    Niiiiice

    But Survivors also have many more options basekit to track the Killer than Killers have for Survivors.

    I have never had any issue finding the Red Stain nor have I even had issues finding Stealth Killers who have none. The Red Stain is also much bigger and gives more information around tiles than Scratch Marks which are more scattered and spread out, the Red Stain shows you directly where the Killer is looking and approaching from while scratch marks just show what direction the Survivor maybe went.

    Survivors genuinely do not need a brighter Red Stain and aside from stealth there is nothing that makes the Killer able to do anything about the Red Stain period. Killers however do need brighter Scratch Marks when Survivors have multiple perks that hide scratch marks for them, make them more scattered, hide their pain noises, etc.

    There'd be no real reason to brighten the Red Stain, it already is pretty obvious.

  • @Royval said:

    reshade should be a form of cheating

    It's not considered so by BHVR, but ANY form of external tool that gives you an advantage that other players have no access is a cheat regardless.
    Crosshair for example is the opposite. Is something that EVERYONE have access to, even if they have to put a sticker on their TV's screens or draw it with a pen over it.

  • Let's say EAC would detect Reshade, this means majority of Steam, MS Store and Epic Store gamers are gonna get banned and that would mean DBD would die, because I highly doubt that anyone would start to play this game again after all the grind.

    Also I don't understand why using Reshade is big deal for some people.

    NVIDIA settings changes brightness everywhere, that's not what I want. Putting too much Brightness on monitor isn't great solution either, because your aren't supposed to destroy your eyes with unnecessary light, besides some people are more sensitive to light than others.

    My monitor brightness is very dark by default, and I want brightness in most of the games I play, however, in DBD, it's not about wanting, it's about NEEDING. I also use higher brightness on monitor when playing DBD, because 50% brightness nor my Reshade alone isn't enough.

    I literally have 2 filters on my Reshade, other one is slight brightness boost and other one I don't remember, because I don't notice difference.

  • @Eareland said:

    Let's say EAC would detect Reshade, this means majority of Steam, MS Store and Epic Store gamers are gonna get banned and that would mean DBD would die, because I highly doubt that anyone would start to play this game again after all the grind.

    Also I don't understand why using Reshade is big deal for some people.

    NVIDIA settings changes brightness everywhere, that's not what I want. Putting too much Brightness on monitor isn't great solution either, because your aren't supposed to destroy your eyes with unnecessary light, besides some people are more sensitive to light than others.

    My monitor brightness is very dark by default, and I want brightness in most of the games I play, however, in DBD, it's not about wanting, it's about NEEDING. I also use higher brightness on monitor when playing DBD, because 50% brightness nor my Reshade alone isn't enough.

    I literally have 2 filters on my Reshade, other one is slight brightness boost and other one I don't remember, because I don't notice difference.

    If you dont notice any difference with the second, then why have it at all?

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3789020#Comment_3789020

    If you dont notice any difference with the second, then why have it at all?

    Because it does something, and literally said "I don't remember what". But probably adds color or something.

  • @syain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3787314#Comment_3787314

    Curious. Why reshade and not NVIDIA filters which were officially supported by the game until today given they serve the same purpose?

    That is false. Reshade/Nvidia were never OFFICIALLY supported by DBD. They were always "use at your own risk".

1 2 3 ›