Map idea for Yamaoka Estate

Is it possible that we could get Rin's university as a map? I know the school isn't part of the estate but it does tie into her lore.

Comments

  • i think that would warrant a new realm instead of the estate ;P
    But school would be nice.

  • Let's remove the plants/bamboo first before thinking about a new one lol 
  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Let's remove the plants/bamboo first before thinking about a new one lol 

    And add more pallets, it only has like 8 or 9.

  • I would like another part of the estate called "Yamaoka Gardens". Wish fish ponds (no fish, of course), broken wooden bridges (like the one in Family Residence), even hedges. Maybe even walking through the water could slow you down, or make more noise.

  • This content has been removed.
  • How about something like "Aokigahara - the Japanese Suicide Forest" I know we got Mother's Dwelling already as a forest setting but for Rin something like that would be nice.

    Also I wondered while reading this post why there isn't a graveyard map in this game or some ancient burial ground with mounds or something.

    I want a graveyard so bad
  • I would like an indoor version of Yamaoka Estate, I that at first we would get that, an indoor Japanese mansion with halls and sliding doors, suits of armor, etc, but then we got this mostly garden map. I thinking having a traditional indoor Japanese map would be cool.

  • @Poweas said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Let's remove the plants/bamboo first before thinking about a new one lol 

    And add more pallets, it only has like 8 or 9.

    It definitely has more than 8 or 9. It's just the map is incredibly huge, which on the other hand is kinda bad for killers since they can't apply a lot of map pressure.

  • @KillerRaccoon said:
    HatCreature said:

    I would like an indoor version of Yamaoka Estate, I that at first we would get that, an indoor Japanese mansion with halls and sliding doors, suits of armor, etc, but then we got this mostly garden map. I thinking having a traditional indoor Japanese map would be cool.

    That sounds amazing.

    I just want to be able to go to the second floor of the manor...is it weird I want to see Rin's dead Mom?

  • @ad19970 said:

    @Poweas said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Let's remove the plants/bamboo first before thinking about a new one lol 

    And add more pallets, it only has like 8 or 9.

    It definitely has more than 8 or 9. It's just the map is incredibly huge, which on the other hand is kinda bad for killers since they can't apply a lot of map pressure.

    It doesn't have a lot compared to the usual 15-20 that most maps have. It sucks for both sides.

  • @KillerRaccoon said:
    Poweas said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    Let's remove the plants/bamboo first before thinking about a new one lol 

    And add more pallets, it only has like 8 or 9.

    That’s because Family Residence is more of a stealthy map. There’s more places to hide than there are pallets. I like this approach better.

    yea wouldn;t mind a high school map but I think I wait to see if the get scream in this game but Yamaoka Estate one of my maps I love like it to stay the way it is.

  • Is it possible that we could get Rin's university as a map? I know the school isn't part of the estate but it does tie into her lore.

    Her realm is called the Yamaoka Estate, and her university is not part of her estate. There also wasn’t any tragedy that occured there. There needs to have been a tragedy in that area so that The Entity can recreate that area as a map in it’s dimension.
    That never stopped the devs from making a church/carnival crossover in Prenn Asylum, which is entirely unrelated to the Nurse or mental institutions. I don't see why they couldn't make a new map based on her lore, but the main problem I have with it is that almost every map had some kind of tragedy related to it, and the uni doesn't so much. That being said, Ormond doesn't have any tragedy related to it either, the Legion merely drove the janitors' body up there to bury it.
  • @Poweas said:

    @ad19970 said:

    @Poweas said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Let's remove the plants/bamboo first before thinking about a new one lol 

    And add more pallets, it only has like 8 or 9.

    It definitely has more than 8 or 9. It's just the map is incredibly huge, which on the other hand is kinda bad for killers since they can't apply a lot of map pressure.

    It doesn't have a lot compared to the usual 15-20 that most maps have. It sucks for both sides.

    I just played the map and it has well over 10 pallets, I'm sure of that. Not as many as other maps have though, that's true. But the fact that this map is so huge that it's hard to apply any map pressure as killer plus the fact that survivors can hide really well on that map makes it rather survivor sided in my opinion.

  • I was kind of disappointed that we can't go upstairs in her house. Would have been a good location to hide a totem or good for gen placement combined with a window.
  • @PigNRun said:
    I would like another part of the estate called "Yamaoka Gardens". Wish fish ponds (no fish, of course), broken wooden bridges (like the one in Family Residence), even hedges. Maybe even walking through the water could slow you down, or make more noise.

    Give me a new yamoaka map with a koi pond, please. Dev's, its time to program some fish.

  • @ad19970 said:

    @Poweas said:

    @ad19970 said:

    @Poweas said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Let's remove the plants/bamboo first before thinking about a new one lol 

    And add more pallets, it only has like 8 or 9.

    It definitely has more than 8 or 9. It's just the map is incredibly huge, which on the other hand is kinda bad for killers since they can't apply a lot of map pressure.

    It doesn't have a lot compared to the usual 15-20 that most maps have. It sucks for both sides.

    I just played the map and it has well over 10 pallets, I'm sure of that. Not as many as other maps have though, that's true. But the fact that this map is so huge that it's hard to apply any map pressure as killer plus the fact that survivors can hide really well on that map makes it rather survivor sided in my opinion.

    That's the problem. Nerf the stupid stealth, fix it for Nurse so she's actually playable on it, add more pallets and it definitely has under 10. IT SUCKS.

  • @KillerRaccoon said:
    Poweas said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    Let's remove the plants/bamboo first before thinking about a new one lol 

    And add more pallets, it only has like 8 or 9.

    That’s because Family Residence is more of a stealthy map. There’s more places to hide than there are pallets. I like this approach better.

    I hate it. It is impossible as Nurse/Billy/Hag/Spirit (every single top tier killers :/) also impossible to run a killer for long on that if you wear bright clothes. And just crappy.

  • @Salty_Pearl said:
    Is it possible that we could get Rin's university as a map? I know the school isn't part of the estate but it does tie into her lore.

    Wouldn't be a bad idea for a variation of that map.
    Would also be the first time we got a map with a skin

  • Poweas said:

    @KillerRaccoon said:
    Poweas said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    Let's remove the plants/bamboo first before thinking about a new one lol 

    And add more pallets, it only has like 8 or 9.

    That’s because Family Residence is more of a stealthy map. There’s more places to hide than there are pallets. I like this approach better.

    I hate it. It is impossible as Nurse/Billy/Hag/Spirit (every single top tier killers :/) also impossible to run a killer for long on that if you wear bright clothes. And just crappy.

    Oh man it's even worse than swamp for billy. Everytime I sprint with my chainsaw I bumb into useless and senseless ######### object hidden behind plants or whatever. 
    I hate those stealth maps. Give the survivors more pallets and remove the plants