Removing 2v8 is a huge mistake

2v8 is a major success. It brought new players and veterans alike. It's the most fun mode ever completely obliterating 1v4. This mode is also a solo Q friendly. Removing this mode is a big mistake on your part. I'm not going to lie but I think that after you remove 2v8 a lot will boycott or, worse, threaten to bring it back.

My advise is to slowly implement new classes, bigger maps, reduce killer queue times, adjustments, killers, add anti slugging and more as you update the game. This is not only good to keep it around for testing but it ultimately fixes all the nasty stuff. 2v8 will be the new era for dbd.

Comments

  • @Prometheus1092 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3771130#Comment_3771130

    I agree it's a success with killers, there is no shortage of killers waiting to take part. But survivors...I'm not so sure. If it was that much of a success then surly there would be enough playing to lower the waiting times. Sure there are lots of survivors having a blast but overall I would say not enough survivors are playing it, and it's only been a week. Barely enough time for novelty to wear off. I think the longer it's out, the less survivors will want to play. I could be wrong, in an ideal world it would be great to have both modes and no long waits but I just don't see it happening.

    It is also interesting to play for the survivors. But the fact is that many survivors have become interested in playing for the killers, and not just for the survivors. Therefore, the total number of killers has increased due to yesterday's survivors.
    I used to only play for survivors, but now I play for both sides in this 2v8 mode.

    In general, I see no reason to be outraged, because now I find the game for the killer in just 3-5 minutes. The excitement subsides, because few killers and the same locations get bored. I hope to see 2v8 mode with all the maniacs and locations. Playing for Ghostface and Pig will be fun)

  • @Deathstroke said:

    Dbd is biggest asymmetrical horror game it has enough players for separate game modes.

    Friday 13th playerbase is very small but has instant queques still. Tcm has fast queques too and has also small playerbase. So problem is not the size of playerbase.

    Problem is that killer role is too popular in both modes at the moment. So the solution is to make survivor side more appealing to players in 2vs8 especially.

    I think 1vs4 will be fine especially when separate bp bonuses are added if not then than just tells players enjoy 2vs8 more at the moment and it should stay as pernament addition.

    2vs8 is now having less than 5 minutes time for me on killer so problem is already starting to getting solved. Now if they add somd new mechanic for survivor side that will make it even shorter.

    If you want 2vs8 removed you should think others too lot of people are having fun with it. Both modes can co-exist. Queques times will be fine eventually in 1vs4 as more players return to it. Remember 2vs8 has been out just week.

    dbd is not a horror game AT ALL. It's a party chase/hide and seek game

  • @Mandy said:

    Will clear up some things, the mode will definitely not be permanent at the present time.

    There are further iterations planned that will be limited time modes, whilst feedback and the data is examined before confirming that this mode would be permanent, it's definitely not a quick decision to make and it's not something that will be decided any time soon.

    II'd Like to see thus maybe as a Blood Hunt or Blood Feast game mode maybe for a week ever 2 or 3 months.

  • @scottydoggie said:

    I think the mode has been well received enough for it to be a permanent addition to the game

    I disagree with those who say this will “kill” the game… Far from it, this is the breath of fresh air we needed. Nearly 100k players on DBD steam during 2v8’s launch, with many veterans (myself included) returning to check this out. It can only get better the more they improve it

    1v4 was becoming stale, and until 2v8 came along the previous game modes just weren’t fun nor successful.. this is the one myself & many others want to keep

    2v8 will become even more stale than 1v4 once the novelty wears off. There just isn't nearly as much strategy or mechanics to work with. 2v8 is fine for a casual mode but for most who like to engage with the game at a deeper level, it will quickly become boring.

  • @Krazzik said:

    I mean it's gonna come back with more content and balance changes, but having it as a permanent mode would kill the game. Killer queue times in both 2v8 and 1v4 are pretty bad.

    It would kill the game because its better! Its less sweaty, competitive... more fun and somehow more balanced.

    Keep the 1v4 for the sweaty competitive players and let us relax in 2v8

  • Removing 2v8 is fine. Freaking out and boycotting the game over a mode that we asked for, and got (TO BE TESTED) is like saying you wont play the game anymore until the next snow man event because the (UNFINNISHED) and said to (PERMANENT ONCE FINNISHED) game mode, isnt complete enough to keep in the game for now. We are lucky we got it at all and it is coming back with more stuff to enjoy later.

  • Queue time sucks, no incentives for killer meaning you end up with maximum 40k bloodpoints out of a match.

    Waiting time is 20 minutes + 10 minutes match time means you get 60-70k bloodpoints average per hour. It's not worth my time.

  • If more killers were allowed for this mode, I would also love if it stayed. BUT as this is not the case, I would rather play normal mode than get the x's time Wraith with Huntress.

    It reminds me of one of the worst eras in the game, where you would see nothing else but Nurse once you passed Rank4.

1 2 ›