My God this new Knight is atrocious

Who in the testing team approved this? I'm seriously wondering. How bad can you design characters? How did this even appear in the suggestions of potential things to do with this Killer? Do you not playtest before and just pray everybody will love it?

Comments

  • I would appreciate if BHVR said how they think Knight should be played, because it seems like they don't want him to be played at all anymore.

  • @Caiman said:

    I would appreciate if BHVR said how they think Knight should be played, because it seems like they don't want him to be played at all anymore.

    Hello, drop guard on gen and hope for the best. Maybe guard will detect someone and you will be m1 killer for some time, maybe he won't and you will be m1 killer for some time. Also after both situations you will be powerless m1 killer for some time because of common cooldown, so just wait a little bit.
    That's it, hope you liked these changes, Knight is definately very interactive and fun killer for both sides now.
    Leave your comments and thoughts on Feedback section, so you can become one of the big crowd that we will ignore later.

  • New knight feels great honestly. I never played him in that lame af “drop a gaurd at loop” play style so the changes he got actually helped an immense amount. Especially being able to cycle guards.

    Permanent stealth Knight is definitely my favorite

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    New knight feels great honestly. I never played him in that lame af “drop a gaurd at loop” play style so the changes he got actually helped an immense amount. Especially being able to cycle guards.

    Permanent stealth Knight is definitely my favorite

    All of those changes doesn't even make him better at this point. The cooldown of using power is way too long. I'm basically an M1 Killer half the games. Ridiculous.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    New knight feels great honestly. I never played him in that lame af “drop a gaurd at loop” play style so the changes he got actually helped an immense amount. Especially being able to cycle guards.

    Permanent stealth Knight is definitely my favorite

    Palletcrashing knight and 3gencamping knight or even assassinspam knight is equally lame as old knight if not worse

  • POV: You come too close to your own Guard

    image.png
  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3761637#Comment_3761637

    All of those changes doesn't even make him better at this point. The cooldown of using power is way too long. I'm basically an M1 Killer half the games. Ridiculous.

    We have to be playing two different knights.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    New knight feels great honestly. I never played him in that lame af “drop a gaurd at loop” play style so the changes he got actually helped an immense amount. Especially being able to cycle guards.

    Permanent stealth Knight is definitely my favorite

    You must be getting free hits with Guards. Wait until survivors adapt to them. If survivors loop the Guards correctly, Guards will never get a hit, which is happening in my games.

  • https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/420434/my-god-this-new-knight-is-atrocious
    
    I said it again and again on Reddit, this forum and everywhere that this rework was going to be crap and a ######### walking pile of garbage, everyone told me "But no the Knight is even better now look he can summon his guards whenever he wants and he can do this and that, you are a ######### idiot", without taking into account that firstly it's a bug that has been removed, secondly that all the bugs linked to the guards' AI are either still there and that's it. It's a horror, classified as a "feature" by BHVR, and tersuo that the ultimate middle finger is to have put half of the add-ons like the map of the kingdom, half instead of completely putting the effect whole on it in basekit and modify the effect of the add-on behind.
    
    
    
    Survivors can also now hear the sound your path creation makes BTW. You can no longer surprise them by summoning a guard to interrupt their action on the generators.
    
  • There was an error displaying this embed.


    I’ve found Knight so far to be of similar power to before although not as fun to play as.

    Like instead of dropping a guard at loops Carnifex can just quickly break pallets and Assassin seems better at actually getting hits while if you want to stall progress use Jailer.

    (I like using the perks Franklin’s Demise, Weave Attunement (Not a very original combo choice but it works great, you can see where to send your Guard), Oppression and Unforeseen with the Map of the Realm and Call to Arms add-ons)