The problem of endgame camping
We all know, once the gates are open it's over unless you have 1 shot ability or you are the nurse. So usually, the hooked one gets camped, the mates are hovering and trade hooks and noone has really fun at this time.
As hooked survivor, I still want to have a chance, especially if this was my first hook.
And as Killer, I still want to have a chance to catch someone else without him getting so much distance after a hit that he can b-line easily to the exit gates.
Just wanted to share this issue for
1. The devs to finally focus on this boring part of the game
2. The survivors who gets salty in this situation to understand there is no legit way to catch someone else besides camping with open exit gates.
That's just my opinion, for me it's boring. I would be surprised if anyone has fun with the current endgame mechanics. Both, exit gates and hatch.
As hooked survivor, I still want to have a chance, especially if this was my first hook.
And as Killer, I still want to have a chance to catch someone else without him getting so much distance after a hit that he can b-line easily to the exit gates.
Just wanted to share this issue for
1. The devs to finally focus on this boring part of the game
2. The survivors who gets salty in this situation to understand there is no legit way to catch someone else besides camping with open exit gates.
That's just my opinion, for me it's boring. I would be surprised if anyone has fun with the current endgame mechanics. Both, exit gates and hatch.
Comments
You do have a chance.
Do not get caught.
It's just that simple. No one is entitled to get a second chance if they get hooked.
The only possibility for a fix is implementing a built in bloodwarden or sth in that style.
I doubt that the devs will ever tought the endgame, they are even scared of reworking the hatch mechanic and reworking the endgame would be far more ambitious.
I know everyone has their own goals and that's perfectly fine, but if survivors' goal was to win AS A TEAM instead of just surviving matches would go way better FOR EVERYONE (survivors).
That doesnt mean Im against your thoughs tho, something has to be done with the end-game.
Survivor on hook, gens done or 1 gen left and they've been knocking them out at a high pace.
I'd rather chase, but let's not pretend that's productive.
I don't like camping, but I need the blood points, see?
Blood warden needs a fix to be way more flexible in activation before I want to use it since it usually doesn't help much in that situation. The hook is before the gates are open.
I ran NOED once. ######### cleansed it on their way out, and with SWFs, totems are an even bigger gamble.
Rancor is more fun, but they seem to want to play around it most times.
Not sure what they could do to fix it, though.
its ok to camp if the gates are open thats kinda fair but getting camped while theres still gens man i dont know what to say
For the love of God, stop saying "straw man", especially when half the time it's not even the correct use of the term.
As for the topic, adding a minute to the gates could just give the unintended consequence of making that end even more drawn out. Many people don't use blood warden because a lot of the times you're still just waiting (like if survivor goes down away from exit gates).
I find the situation to be the most life or death momentum within the game... it’s fun and thrilling:)
You wikipediaed you way to rank 1 there.
If you are the last person in the trial and it's your first hook, I would grant the survivor the chance to try and escape.
Now, if the gates are open and you're being camped and the other 3 people can't do anything because chicken... what kind of "chance" do you expect to have? If you could unhook yourself you would be downed right away and hooked for the 2nd time... maybe you'd prefer an unhook with BT effect on, Idk... define chance if you want to find real arguments.
That's not a strawman. It's the objective reality you seem to live outside of. It doesn't matter how many different ways you ask for guaranteed second chances, you aren't getting them. If the killer wishes to remove a select individual they will always have the opportunity. To remove it means the games will lose their uniqueness and become nothing but repetitive procedure. You catch X and he escapes, you catch X again he escapes again, you catch X they die. The devs will never implement this.
First, there is a difference between "boring" and "unfun". I wouldn't say at all that the endgame is boring. The not-so-exciting parts of the match are repairing gens as a surv and looking for survs as a killer.
And "unfun"? No, not at all. It's an intense interaction between survs and killer.
Maybe you mean that the current endgame is frustrating for killers that don't have 1-shot-ability since it can be quite difficult securing a kill with open gates?
(I'm leaving the hatch issue out of the discussion. I believe most of us agree that the hatch needs a rework.)
Its alwasy ok to camp, but the design is seriously flawed if the game forces you to camp......