Killers with useless or unnecessary mechanics
Just talking about some mechanics on certain killers that are just either useless, dont add anything to gameplay or should just be removed in general
1- Billy heat dissipation- I dont know why this exist, maybe only to create useless add-ons. If the time was harsh, i would understand, but its so forgiving that the mechanic basically doesnt exist and it is a waste
2- Bubba tantrum meter- Has this ever done anything ever? If it was added to prevent camping, it never did anything. Why is it there?
3- Wesker's hindered- Being able to be grabbed from full should be the reward. Why does the infection need to apply a constant hinder to secure a down and promote tunneling? BL is already a mechanic to secure downs, why does he need more free help?
4- Skull Merchant drone hacked- If drones can call hacked drones immeadiatly not giving her any punishment, then just give her the drone back once its hacked automatically. No need for it to still be there.
Do you this mechanics have purpose, any other mechanics that dont need to exist and wouldnt change much?
Comments
Knights neglected treatment since release just leaving him in a poor state for so long.
"Even Nemesis's disease is stronger than wesker's not taking hindered into account." In what way? Nemesis's infection does absolutely nothing except allow for the tentacle to damage survivors. I wish being infected hindered the survivors in some way. LIke, for example, zombies move 50% faster when chasing infected survivors
I love making Zombies into PTB Victor, that's a great idea.
Zombies move at, like, 2.0 m/s by default. If they're moving 50% faster than they usually do with this suggestion, that's 3.0 m/s. Strong, but not worth losing it over. His zombie movement speed addons would probably need an adjustment but you're grossly exaggerating.
I'm glad someone picked up on the hyperbole.
There's a reason Zombies move that slow and I don't fancy giving him more useless addons because the movement speed addons would get annihilated.
Zombies actually move at 1 meter per second, or 25% of survivor running speed
Zombies only move at 1 meter per second, or 25% survivor moving speed. A 50% boost to that would bring them up to……
- dramatic drumroll -
37.5% survivor running speed.
Even with Nemesis's current zombie speed addons, this is not an issue at all. The goal is to make T-Virus infection do something else besides make survivors take damage from the tentacle strike. But if you don't like that suggestion, please, I'm willing to hear others
Wait, really? There's no way they're that slow. I could have sworn you could get them to move at almost 4.0 with shattered badge and ink ribbon.
The max speed zombies can move is 3m/s with Ink Ribbon and Stars badge for 60 seconds after a generator is completed.
I reckon that the tantrum meter on Bubba is responsible for him going randomly into tantrum and then losing the ability to use his power for the rest of the game, so that definitely isn't useless. It's just not a good thing. I also reckon they introduced it so that, like Billy, he couldn't face camp hooks with a 99ed chainsaw. Only that issue has been solved anyway and now it makes no difference anymore.
With everything else on your list, I agree. I'd also add a part of SIngularity's anti camping mechanic. When you are still next to a hook, you can't use your power to quickly slipstream and teleport away, which is the exact opposite of camping. They could just make it so that only biopods in a certain range around the hook are affected.
That brings them up to 75% movement speed of a running survivor, and the 75% zombies are actually really useful. I suggest giving it a try. You might be surprised with the results
Its true, I had a Nemi match where I was just on my a game, 3-gen chase. Somehow didn't see any zombies for the first 2 gens, the 3rd one popped and I got pincer attacked by both zombies + Nemi and essentially insta -downed after the zombies appeared out of thin air. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time, I screamed so loud I'm surprised my neighbors didn't call the cops out of concern. That Nemi needed to give those zombies a raise.
That's not quite true; Infection shuts down stealthy play styles and kills Distortion plays.
When RPD had a library and everybody had CoH and Shadow Step, both Nemesis and Plague infections were very much relevant.
It's not much, but it's still something. Quite nice for tunneling because you give yourself away mid infection and post cleanse. Meanwhile Wesker you can be Exposed and Hinderrd but still ghost him if by some chance he caught you off guard with Stealth