Comments

  • This was a great April Fools as it fooled quite a few (myself included) to think this was an April Fool, when it actually was true!

    Although now I'm starting to want a giant killer now.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    This was a great April Fools as it fooled quite a few (myself included) to think this was an April Fool, when it actually was true!

    Although now I'm starting to want a giant killer now.

    Maybe a Gojira clone.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3691235#Comment_3691235

    I don’t see how it’s constructive to accuse every survivor that crouches at exit gate to be disrespectful when they could mean it as a gg. And you already said you assume everyone does so you slug for the 4 K no matter what. Also not very constructive imo.


    I don’t expect you to change your behaviour in this, though you gotta admit this is not very reasonable.


    normally I think I am giving constructive feedback on this game on these forums., yeah. In this discussion? No. I didn’t even see the starting of this discussion as actual game feedback. But if you want my constructive take: give unlimited unbreakable for this game mode to avoid slugging for the 4 K as it’s really completely unnecessary for this game mode and there is no way a killer player would slug here excessively without being intentionally disrespectful.

    I wasn't really accusing, but i am assuming/believing that every survivor that teabags at exit gate is a sign of disrespect. I am explaining why some players like me will act the way they do, so that hopefully you come to the understanding that the issue lies with the game and not the players, which you can't change (well, some of them anyway. others might change their behaviour based on others opinions) That's my attempt at being constructive.

    Sorry to say but i feel that i am being perfectly reasonable. I think about this a lot. Because this discussions comes up constantly on these forums when it comes to things like tunnelling and camping.

    Yeah, maybe this is not a good discussion for constructive feedback but it's the only post i saw about this game mode. Mods might just merge discussions anyway if i started a new one.

  • @OrangeBear said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3691240#Comment_3691240

    I wasn't really accusing, but i am assuming/believing that every survivor that teabags at exit gate is a sign of disrespect. I am explaining why some players like me will act the way they do, so that hopefully you come to the understanding that the issue lies with the game and not the players, which you can't change (well, some of them anyway. others might change their behaviour based on others opinions) That's my attempt at being constructive.

    Sorry to say but i feel that i am being perfectly reasonable. I think about this a lot. Because this discussions comes up constantly on these forums when it comes to things like tunnelling and camping.

    Yeah, maybe this is not a good discussion for constructive feedback but it's the only post i saw about this game mode. Mods might just merge discussions anyway if i started a new one.

    How are they teabagging? I have seen like maybe 1 survivor tea bag before, but I didn’t think it was possible to do that to the Killer.

  • @Bafugaboo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3691249#Comment_3691249

    How are they teabagging? I have seen like maybe 1 survivor tea bag before, but I didn’t think it was possible to do that to the Killer.

    Survivors crouching after stunning you or winning the match essentially is teabagging. I understand it's subjective. But i think a lot of players see it this way.

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3691137#Comment_3691137

    It has nothing do to with "losing" as I was already slugged so I had already 'lost' this match, though I never went into this ridiculous game mode thinking about winning as such. I thought the idea was just a bit of stupid fun that nobody is taking seriously.

    It is the fact that this person was more than willing to waste up to 4 minutes of my time in a supposedly fun and obviously ridiculous game mode, when they had already technically won.

    But some people are just so petty they just cannot stand the thought of a single survivor escaping… in a casual ridiculous and not at all serious game mode.

    Okay, so i understand that you found the modifier disappointing because of the way the killer played. I think if you understand why the killer played that way then that contributes to the discussion. Which is why i tried to explain it.

  • @OrangeBear said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3691253#Comment_3691253

    Survivors crouching after stunning you or winning the match essentially is teabagging. I understand it's subjective. But i think a lot of players see it this way.

    Thank you for clarifying. I was like how is this guy getting his model pulled over and thrown on the floor at the exit gates. Bugs? Hacking? That was some horrible bad luck lol.

    I personally laugh at interactions in game. I wish you the best in your games. Laugh more and worry less is my positive constructive input.

  • @Peanits said:

    We wouldn't joke about something like that.

    Nice work, devs!

    Brilliant stuff!

    👍️

  • @Mooks said:

    no this is a serious competitive new game mode that’s here to stay!

    This might be the most balanced game design I've ever seen in dead by daylight. Most of the matches I've done this mode in have ended in ties it's incredible it's incredible. The gates open up automatically, you only need to do three generators, generator speed seems to be faster, survivors seem to run faster, killer can get you in one down and you're out, no perks.

  • It would be nice if it did not let you depip lol. Did it two times and not doing it anymore. Guess you get only one charm and that is it.

  • @baharuto48 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3690989#Comment_3690989

    This might be the most balanced game design I've ever seen in dead by daylight. Most of the matches I've done this mode in have ended in ties it's incredible it's incredible. The gates open up automatically, you only need to do three generators, generator speed seems to be faster, survivors seem to run faster, killer can get you in one down and you're out, no perks.

    no tunneling off the hook or camping either 🤩

    Also back to the roots of hide&seek gameplay and away from Hold W!

  • The hide and seek aspect is my favorite part. I even confused a giant oni for a minute by running right at his feet lol. Although I did see an oni try to slug for a 4K.

  • @goodfriday said:

    It would be nice if it did not let you depip lol. Did it two times and not doing it anymore. Guess you get only one charm and that is it.

    its not even a charm but a profile icon

    and if depipping is a problem, only play right after grading up as you start with zero pips anyways. also luckily depipping will be a thing of the past soon anyway

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3691277#Comment_3691277

    its not even a charm but a profile icon

    and if depipping is a problem, only play right after grading up as you start with zero pips anyways. also luckily depipping will be a thing of the past soon anyway

    Ah thank you and yes your right no more depip soon. I just did expect that we had 2 hooks at start of trial and once down=dead. I did not read the info about it hahaha

  • When we close the hatch, the gates open, but we can occasionally see the aura of survivors. I think that's fair. Maybe. Also, I don't mind becoming a slug. Because I can earn XP just by lying down. Since my teammates emit auras, I'll probably be found soon anyway.

    When we don't want to see people dancing at the gates, what if we allowed the killer to collect glyphs after the gates are open? Killers could earn a small amount of BP when they find glyphs. They would leave us alone if they knew they couldn't get our attention. Adding a perk where collecting all the multiple appearing glyphs permanently seals the gates would be even more effective.

    Well, we just need to give them a good smack on the backside, after all.

  • @OrangeBear said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3691194#Comment_3691194

    Well i've tried this before but it doesn't work for me. I don't feel comfortable deluding (for lack of a better word) myself like that. So i just choose to work with that the intent is to be disrespectful, which i truly believe, and that it does make me feel bad.

    But i appreciate the sentiment

    It is a bit of fallacy to believe "teabagging" is purely about disrespect though.

    The term "teabagging" obviously has negative connotations, but the reality is that it's the only method of expression.

    It's more accurate to say it is the "I am excited and I want to communicate it" button.

    Survivors use it to thank each other, to tease each other. It can be used to say "you suck at killing me" but it's also used as just a "yay I won".

    You can celebrate a victory without it being disrespectful. And you can have banter with your opponents without it being disrespectful.

    I play Ghostface, and often teabag back at the survivors, all in good fun. I play Pig and "roar laugh" at them to say "got you there" in good humour.

    You are choosing to believe they mean disrespect. You are creating your own demons. That's also delusion.

    Sometimes it may be disrespectful, I'd like to think I can usually tell when that's the case, usually it is when it's directly after a pallet stun for example. But the truth is a lot of the time you can't. At the exit gates is probably the most ambiguous example.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3691026#Comment_3691026

    Xbox count entity sacrifises, escapes, playtime and bp earnings stats so those stats I like to see increased as long time goal. I know not many cares but I love stats so there is that. It's same thing as some grind to get P100 characters to me. I aim for 10K sacrifise total and 1 billion bp earned.

    Thanks for clarifying. Keep it up.

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    I just had a killer slug us to get the 4k…. on a fun meme game mode.

    I don't understand some people.

    Yeah, had one just now as well. Some people just have such a big ego that they can't enjoy a meme.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3691026#Comment_3691026

    Xbox count entity sacrifises, escapes, playtime and bp earnings stats so those stats I like to see increased as long time goal. I know not many cares but I love stats so there is that. It's same thing as some grind to get P100 characters to me. I aim for 10K sacrifise total and 1 billion bp earned.

    Looked it up aswell on Xbox. No gains in kills. And for some reason also no shards.

  • @Yharwick said:

    Sooooooo….

    Godzilla chapter in the future? Please?

    you may be joking but..

    What if they will introduce killers in the future that are limited to specific maps and/or adjusted maps for that killer?

    Godzilla would be one possibility that’s obvi very close to this current mode. But also Christine or Jaws could be possible with other adjustments?? Or just a flying killer only for outdoor maps

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    This was a great April Fools as it fooled quite a few (myself included) to think this was an April Fool, when it actually was true!

    Although now I'm starting to want a giant killer now.

    images - 2024-04-02T211835.045.jpeg

    You called?

  • @DH3206 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3691127#Comment_3691127

    Yeah, had one just now as well. Some people just have such a big ego that they can't enjoy a meme.

    I had one that slugged for the 4k too lol only the one though, so wasn't too bad. But yeah, he took it WAY too seriously for a meme game.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3691094#Comment_3691094

    you may be joking but..

    What if they will introduce killers in the future that are limited to specific maps and/or adjusted maps for that killer?

    Godzilla would be one possibility that’s obvi very close to this current mode. But also Christine or Jaws could be possible with other adjustments?? Or just a flying killer only for outdoor maps

    I would unironically love Jaws, even if you had to play them only on a Jaws map.

    People say that Jaws would get boring fast, but like…Chucky didn't really last that long either despite being the only killer in existence for like, the entire month he first came out.

    I think it's OK for some killers to just be played for a round or 2 per session and not be Mained.

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3691821#Comment_3691821

    I would unironically love Jaws, even if you had to play them only on a Jaws map.

    People say that Jaws would get boring fast, but like…Chucky didn't really last that long either despite being the only killer in existence for like, the entire month he first came out.

    I think it's OK for some killers to just be played for a round or 2 per session and not be Mained.

    Jaws could be a burrower on normal maps as a way to move him into the DBD world. I agree Jaws would be fun.

1 2 ›