Decisive Strike is Balanced
Decisive strike is balanced by the fact that it can only be used once per game.
Only this fact, and the fact that there is a hook per square meter in that game, makes the DS balanced. I do not understand why the main killer cries so much for this perk. And you can still put the survivor on the floor, to '' bug '' DS.
If the DS changes, I want you to nerf Noed too, removing the killer's additional speed. This is tense, you try the whole match for the final killer who did nothing in the match get extremely fast and bring down on a hit.
So noed and DS is balanced and have counter. Don't need changes. They are two perks that benefit enough killer and survivor
Comments
I don't have that big of a problem with it.
I run Remember Me often and it's just another 5 seconds I tack on. It's whatever. It's annoying, but I just tunnel whoever runs it.
How do you counter DS? Just curious...... asking for a bad killer friend
DS is balanced when a bad survivor uses it.
DS is unbalanced when a good survivor uses it.
There is not a single perk that is worse than DS in the entire game.
That single use is more than enough btw.
I think this is bait
No, this is not a bait. Ds is a balanced perk.
Unbreakable is a balanced perk too.
Deliverance
and etc.
I don't really care about ds users that much. If I see someone has the obsession I usually try not to target them and if I down them I try to always dribble or just slug them. If I am using enduring or unnerving presence I'll just pick them up since they either might miss the skill check or I'll get a 1 second stun. I would be fine with getting rid of NOED for ds though since I don't use either. It is usually the bad players who know they need second chances and pick those perks.
Usually one only talks about balance when "somehow competent" players are playing the game because it would be absurd to balance a game around a beginner.......
Also Id like to point out that moris can only be used once too on a surivor and reduce a life
Throw the survivor on the floor, calculate the time the DS appears. Several killers do that.
Or simply tunnel it
NOED has a counter.
You have a chance to put the survivor on the ground up to four times, and that's allowed, it's not anti-gambling. Calculate the DS time. Throw the survivor on the floor to a nearby hook and congratulations, you countered the DS. If you do not have a hook, just tunnel it.
Still not a counter.
I 100% agree.
If somebody can't get kills with ebony mori, omegablink nurse, it is on them. We can't pretend like that combination is the most balanced thing in the entire game.
Game should be balanced around somewhat competent players, not the top ones but I would say above average is good enough. If a survivor is above average and uses DS, good luck to you, you will need it.
It is so difficult for some people to grasp the reality.
Noed is weak in SWF. But in solo survivor it is too strong.
A good killer who puts pressure on the map does not let the survivors make totems, they simply make generators and want to get out the fastest. even if it's swf
Noed still has the killer speed boost factor which makes a perk used in almost every game.
Noed Hillbilly, noed nurse, noed michael myers and noed leatherface leave the game with an absurd pressure.
I also forgot a very good DS counter. The perk Unnerving Presence causes the skillcheck to be lowercase. The player has to be really good to get it right.
My personal nightmare.
You cant waste DS anymore while dropping the survivor, thats been fixed quite some time ago.
Tunneling DS? How does that work?
A
I
T
I dont know, omegablink nurse with mori vs competent 4 man with insta heals (maybe a toolbox too?) and 4x heavy fog.
I dont wanna be that nurse......
The survivor still hits the skillcheck and gets the free escape, you used a perk slot for nothing. How can you call that a coutner?
Decisive strike is honestly the only perk I can say that has caused me to lose a match as killer, honestly.
The first one, the one you know about it fine IMO, eat it and carry on.
It's the 33% ones that waste the most time, you're not expecting and thoroughly irritate me, it needs to go.
The problem with DS isn't even entirely in whether or not it's balanced. It's just really cruddy when you manage to outplay them (or they make a huge mistake and are being punished for it) only to have that snatched away because the survivor hit spacebar at the right time. As much as survivors complain about certain killers/perks being unfun, DS is one of the most unfun things in the game. Compare it to another 2nd chance perk like Deliverance. You could remove the hook save requirement, the broken status, and even make it usable on the 2nd stage (or even once per stage) and I still wouldn't mind it nearly as much as DS. Why? Because at least I'm still getting the progress I worked for.
I've never minded NOED personally. It's rarely been a problem for me as survivor. Unlike DS, it has actual counterplay. Either cleanse the totems before finishing the gens, hide after the gens are done and cleanse it, or just sneak out while the killer's busy with others. DS on the other hand just has a very soft counter in Enduring (which you have to equip ahead of time) or dribbling, which is situational and is itself VERY easy to counter by just one person bodyblocking. It can even backfire if someone flashlights you, letting the survivor get away AND keep their DS. Slugging isn't a counter, it's just avoiding the problem. They still don't get put on the hook and it takes 4 minutes to bleed out, so while you're removing them from the game for a short while (like you would be if they were hooked), you're still not making any progress towards your goal as killer.
That said, It wouldn't bother me if the speed boost were removed for NOED, if it meant DS being changed.
I'm agreeing with senzu.
How often does that happen, honestly.
In our group we just need 2BT, 2 or 3 Resilience, 4 Adrenaline, MAYBE only 1 DS, 1 Balanced Landing and 1 Empathy for flashlight saves, the other perks might vary.
That's the way to go
Edit: almost forgot, 1 small game.
It's very rare I 2 or more d-strikes but when it does happen and they get those 33% ones it wastes so much time, it's awful.
Maybe our mothers share the same name.
Maybe an increased wiggle progress needed for non obsession DS users would be enough? Like 10-15% more per each survivor using it?
When the gates are open, they are a guaranteed escape. Especially if survivors saved them up.
Low ranks waste them on the first down.
You take 2-3 minutes to down someone because they have a syringe, only to have to chase again.
By the time you hook the person, survivors are done with gens and the doors are being opened.
Either that or most hooks are 99% saboed and all the 3 others will be able to get to 1/3 of the wiggle and ds out, pretty much garanteeing they escape.
Its just frustrating amd not fun at all for the killer, and theres in gameno counter to it,unlike noed, where you can just do totems.
As balanced as a drunk monkey on a segway.
This makes me happy
there are perks that can counter it like enduring, all obsession perks, or you could just dribble
Obsession perks like Dying Light, STBFL, remember me, PWYF? They are a counter??
Show me how you dribble a non obsession DS.
Wanna try again?
Enduring doesnt counter it, the survivors still gets a free escape and can continue to loop you. How is an obession perk (I assume killer perk?) a counter to DS?
Also dribbling just prolongs the inevitable
obsession perks are either made to tunnel your obsession or let them live, by doing this you either get DS out of the way or you ignore it until it doesn't have an effect on gameplay.
You seriously shouldn't have made this post. You're going to get eaten alive by these guys ;-(
Why the Nurse would win? She's amazing. Even with Fog she does well. If it's in Yamoka Estate though.... She is going to get buried alive.
You remind me of @Wolf74 , he said the exact same thing to me in one of my posts. Cool guy though. Shame he got banned.
Silence... I'm meditating.
Nerfing DS in exchange for no crappy speed boost?
Hell yes.
Lol.
I would take that trade off any day.
So you dont counter DS, you just accept it or ignore it. Nice
I would trade in NOED completely for a (real) DS nerf in any second. Its an unreliable hex perk anyway