When can we expect a re-re-work of Skull Merchant?

Hello, simple question. When?

Comments

  • @i_dont_care223 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/406833/when-can-we-expect-a-re-re-work-of-skull-merchant

    I always had this great idea of the drones flying around the map to search for survivors

    i know this would be a pain to code but that would make the drones actually cool

    and for in-door maps they should be able to fly through walls with the burn effect slingers gun has when reeling survs through objects

    Flying Nemesis zombies essentially for the coding. Minus the attack of course.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3664118#Comment_3664118

    SM is very problematic and it has nothing to do with her past. I am the living proof for that, since i dont even knew chess merchant neither did i play a single round against her due to inactivity.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3664365#Comment_3664365

    The first video explains why she is hated so much:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOliDIQxQlE&t=

    The second video explains her "counterplay"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-6oxf7BkDo

    What i dislike about her the most is a combo of this:

    • Stealth
    • Random drone hits
    • Drones slow you down while SM gets faster
    • A million status effects

    All at the same time basically.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3664402#Comment_3664402

    It is strange how experiences are different. I play legion quite a bit, and DC's are close to never happening in my game. I say close, but if i am honest i can not remember a single DC i had since i came back about a year ago.

    I watched the video, and it does a great job explaining the issues with her. However, I haven't come across this information in written format before when reading feedback here, I hope bHVR catches that video.

  • @Bafugaboo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3664532#Comment_3664532

    Flying Nemesis zombies essentially for the coding. Minus the attack of course.

    Yea i guess and Skully gets a notification and the drone follows the survivor at 3.5m per second until it runs out of battery or something like that i just want the drones to be interesting

  • @i_dont_care223 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3664542#Comment_3664542

    Yea i guess and Skully gets a notification and the drone follows the survivor at 3.5m per second until it runs out of battery or something like that i just want the drones to be interesting

    I see so coding wise this would not be difficult. The only thing would be what this would be. The drones would be like Knights ability without the threat of being attacked by them. The trade off could be that they could patrol longer looking for survivors and multiples of them could be out at a time.

    Would they still add buffs to SM and debuffs to survivors? Or should her kit as a whole be worked on?

    The drones could have two functions of search or attack similar to how you switch bottles for clown. Then you could search then in chase use them differently. Then you could use them to do things similar to her kit when sent in offense mode, or even alter them to something like they seek and zap similar to a doctor shock. This could make not using all the drones at once for search.

  • @Quizzy said:

    Trust, until a rework or adjustment is in order, I will use my 4% chances against her. A luck mechanic thats in the game so I can't be reported for it for using it. Oh well.

    People are progressing unhook yourself achievement thanks to SM lol

  • Hopefully never. She was fine last version and shes fine this version, the only reason people still complain is as I've said, content creators keeping the hate train chugging. Once the trend to hate her dies out she'll be fine

  • @i_dont_care223 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/406833/when-can-we-expect-a-re-re-work-of-skull-merchant

    I always had this great idea of the drones flying around the map to search for survivors

    i know this would be a pain to code but that would make the drones actually cool

    and for in-door maps they should be able to fly through walls with the burn effect slingers gun has when reeling survs through objects

    That would ruin her and make her painfully boring for those of us who play her for the fun of area control and trap set up.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3664118#Comment_3664118

    SM is very problematic and it has nothing to do with her past. I am the living proof for that, since i dont even knew chess merchant neither did i play a single round against her due to inactivity.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3664365#Comment_3664365

    The first video explains why she is hated so much:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOliDIQxQlE&t=

    The second video explains her "counterplay"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-6oxf7BkDo

    What i dislike about her the most is a combo of this:

    • Stealth
    • Random drone hits
    • Drones slow you down while SM gets faster
    • A million status effects

    All at the same time basically.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3664402#Comment_3664402

    It is strange how experiences are different. I play legion quite a bit, and DC's are close to never happening in my game. I say close, but if i am honest i can not remember a single DC i had since i came back about a year ago.

    "SHES SO OP SHE GETS A MILLION STATUS EFFECTS!" She gets 3. Broken, haste, hindered in very small increments and its very self explanatory. If you're slower shes quicker and if you have a claw trap you're broken wow so difficult to get.

    This status effect argument has to be the worst one against SM yet and is just something thrown out there

  • @HamsterEnjoyer said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3664449#Comment_3664449

    "SHES SO OP SHE GETS A MILLION STATUS EFFECTS!" She gets 3. Broken, haste, hindered in very small increments and its very self explanatory. If you're slower shes quicker and if you have a claw trap you're broken wow so difficult to get.

    This status effect argument has to be the worst one against SM yet and is just something thrown out there

    I'm not saying it's a good argument, but she does get more than three.

    The status effects her basekit give her are: Broken, Haste, Hindered, Deep Wounds, and Undetectable. Also Killer Instinct if that counts as a status effect?

    A better argument would be to point out that her power is almost exclusively status effects, whereas other killers get comparable outcomes without relying on a status effect icon popping up on screen.

  • just don't waste time for this Killer anymore pleaseeeee, focus on Freddy, Myers and tweaks for D/C/B Killers like Knight or Bubba...

    I just don't want to waste another Midchapter which will ONLY atempt to fix annoying character. I prefer to get Freddy Rework / Myers for example

  • @xEa said:

    Hello, simple question. When?

    Just dc against her you don't see her that often. Its crazy they reworked her to apply literally every status effect a survivor can have basically base kit lol

  • If she gets reworked, this will be her second rework.

    I personally enjoyed original iteration version. They of course can keep the feature where a survivor cannot be scanned if they are not moving, but there is the three gen mechanic now so it’s a lot more difficult for her to three gen.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    I love how almost every disscusion that involves SM makes her sound like God tier SS+ killer with no counterplay and Nurse and Blight are like summer wind compare to her.

    Facts lol.

  • @TheNameIsGilgamesh said:

    Delete her. It's the only way.

    Not a reasonable suggestion or feedback. It takes 11 months to work on a killer. They’re not gonna just delete her…

  • @Quizzy said:

    Trust, until a rework or adjustment is in order, I will use my 4% chances against her. A luck mechanic thats in the game so I can't be reported for it for using it. Oh well.

    No rework or adjustment is going to get ppl to stop suiciding on hook 🪝

    I miss her old version. They should’ve kept it. Minus getting scanned while not moving of course.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3664382#Comment_3664382

    But without something concrete to point to, what kind of changes would you even make?

    The only thing you could do is gut her to the point where nobody wants to use her and she's only slightly more than an M1 killer, which wouldn't be ideal for anyone.

    There needs to be a clear, accurate consensus on what the problem is before anyone could expect the devs to act on it. Most feedback we see is either unclear, inaccurate, or both.

    I would agree 💯 well said.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663922#Comment_3663922

    No rework or adjustment is going to get ppl to stop suiciding on hook 🪝

    I miss her old version. They should’ve kept it. Minus getting scanned while not moving of course.

    The solution is not to completely stop suiciding on hook. That will never happen. But it is to lower the risk of it. Even now with sadako new adjustments, I haven't seen ppl dc at all against her or suicide on 1st hook. Her condemning potential was lowered but the experience even for newer players at least improved

  • @HamsterEnjoyer said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3664449#Comment_3664449

    "SHES SO OP SHE GETS A MILLION STATUS EFFECTS!" She gets 3. Broken, haste, hindered in very small increments and its very self explanatory. If you're slower shes quicker and if you have a claw trap you're broken wow so difficult to get.

    This status effect argument has to be the worst one against SM yet and is just something thrown out there

    💯 agreed. People definitely love getting dramatic quick. 🤷🏼‍♂️ she’s not my favorite killer to go against but I don’t mind it. For me, it’s weaker. I hate hate hate him. But we all have killers we don’t like going against

  • @Chaeron said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3664639#Comment_3664639

    She's a problematic killer in Dead by Daylight. They need to address this killer one way or another at some point. Especially with how "surprisingly" high her pickrate has been recently.

    High pick rate??? In the stats the devs shared SM isn't even in the top ten of most picked killers. She sitting at a low 2% pick rate and she is 26th out all killers.

    Now you may be talking about her killrate but that's has a * beside it bc ppl are most likely are just killing themselves on hook. Personally ppl just need to over themselves and tough it out. Nothing wrong with this current SM imo and I rather the devs focus on killers who actually needs the help like Freddy. Survivors just need to stop being cry babies and play the game especially when her actual pick rate isn't even that high. I rarely ever see SM. I see more trappers than her xD

  • @xEa said:

    Hello, simple question. When?

    shes been reworked like 3 times already? Devs ain't gonna touch her for 2-3 years like freddy and billy

1 2 ›