What do you think about Cenobite?

Title. You can tell me both sides perspective opinions of course. And do you play Cenobite?

Comments

  • I haven’t played pinhead since I got his power achievement and adept I can’t stand his gameplay especially on controller

  • I refuse to solve the puzzle box

  • I wish his chain bound was more rewarding, especially long-range hits. It would make him more engaging to face if Cenos went for more attempts to try and chain bound because it's actually quite fun to outplay. It's really annoying when you do a sick 360 chain bound and then it breaks immediately because the survivor happened to have a bunch of objects surrounding them or happens to be in a corridor.

    It does feel really good and rewarding to find the box, though. Figuring out where the box could be by judging all of the survivors' locations is pretty tough, so it feels damn good to solve it and manually initiate the chain hunt. You can really pull the strings with the chain hunt.

    Overall, it takes too much brainpower for me to play Pinhead, and he might actually be the most stressful killer in the game for me due to how difficult it is to land the chain bound at certain tiles and having to worry about the box and generators being done at the same time. There's too much multitasking and fast decision-making to be done. I actually used to main him for half a year when he first came out because of how fun it was to use his chain bound, but once I realized you have to physically play around the box instead of using it as passive slowdown, I figured I might as well play Doc instead for more consistent slowdown while having a less stressful chase power at the same time.

  • Fairly even vs’ing him in SWF

    SoloQ matches against Pinhead were often unbearable Plaything/Pentimento matches that turned into nonstop chain hunt via mismanaged box play.

    Did have a fantastically weird pre-bot encounter once, on Eyrie of Crows, with a box hoarding Centobite who aggravated one Survivor to DC, sacrificed the second, and slugged the third who refused to play, (wouldn’t let me pick them up) then kept chaining me once I finally acquired the thing, everytime I was about to solve the box. Eventually the 3rd Survivor bled out and we were messing around while the hatch was open. I kept almost solving the box, and they continued to chain me as I broke free. It must’ve went on for over 20min, just to see who would break first and actually try to finish the match.

    Was really, bizarrely fun n absolutely silly

    He won, I jumped thru the hatch

  • I think he's great, but he's OP vs. newbies.

    As such I expect him to follow Onryō and Pig and have his slowdown gutted in favour of getting improvements in chase.

  • Shadow of his former self after the perk interaction nerfs with his power

  • Gift of pain is a very slept on slowdown perk

    and that’s it

  • Well balanced, unique, iconic, what's not to love? I like vsing and playing as him. A Killer, even if I can't aim the chain to save my life.

  • Never understood the hate a lot of survivors have for him. I enjoy playing against him.

  • @I_CAME said:

    Never understood the hate a lot of survivors have for him. I enjoy playing against him.

    Lament configuration requires a lot of coordination and before he was nerfed to where it didn’t count as an item he could use Franklin’s demise to essentially create infinite chain hunts. The hate is residual PTSD from that I guess.