Forum Censorship
Right, I don't know what is going on here but a thread I recently started regarding two community members got taken down. I have also heard a lot of other threads have been 'disappearing'.
Can a mod please explain why these posts that arent aggressive or cause arguments are being taken down? For the darkwolf and lowbei thread I can only assume that they do not want to have people talking about members of the community that were controversial. To me it would seem as though they are trying to create an image of a perfect community if a thread could even barely be linked to a toxic community.
Its pretty pathetic tbh ![]()
Comments
It's my experience that people who complain about "censorship" are those who know exactly why their threads and comments were deleted, but are trying to make themselves look like the victim of some massive conspiracy to oppress their "perfectly valid/reasonable" PoVs.
With that in mind, why don't you tell me why the threads were deleted? I heard one of them mentioned me by name, but, regrettably, I was otherwise occupied at the time.
Yes, I do think you'd open a thread even if you knew the reason. It's been done before, so why not by you this time?
Because I am not one to fill up the forums with posts that are a waste of time. I am merely looking for an answer to a simple question in order to prevent future posts from being removed.
In fairness, this is the official forum for a for-profit business. They can pretty much delete or edit whatever they feel and however they see fit, and we agree to it by using their forum.
There are plenty of other sites that are neutral.
In that case, here:
"You can't discuss your or any other person's gamebans/forum bans on the forums in any way. All ban appeals go strictly to support.deadbydaylight.com"
Source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/94/community-guidelines
Always remember this is a community forum with rules, you may not like or agree with some of them but it is what it is, stay within the rules and your posts won't get deleted.
That goes without saying ofc. I just want to know what it explicitly was lmao. Orion's answer is most likely the reason.
They should give a reason when they close a thread but they don't. Is what it is. Who REALLY cares anyways?
Kind of funny the saltiest guy in the forum tries stream lol.
??... Controversial members?... so they delete it?
Nah.. Probably would be no different if you started making a thread about any other member, and started talking about them.
Even though nothing nasty may have been said.. Do you really want a thread made about yourself, where you couldn't respond, and others talking about you?... mmmm.. probably not.
Which is why they probably got a rule about not making threads about people in the community.
I don't understand why people think it is ok to open up a discussion about different players of the game, and think that talking behind their back is good.
Why would that be any good?... Why do you feel the need to discuss people that don't have the ability to talk back on the forums.
I personally think it is good they deleted it.. You should have gotten a warning aswell, and if you continue to do it, you should get banned.. period.
If they are streamers aswell... That prove my point even more. Since they don't want threads made about streamers since they could turn nasty. Not fair to the streamer. If people have something to say about someone, then go say it to that person.
Exactly as Attackfrog said but also I think the current exchange between @Orion and @Legacy_Zealot is a perfect example of why the other threads may have been pulled.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/94/community-guidelines#latest
^ Forum Guidelines.
Your post was removed for breaching these guidelines, namely discussing other forum members bans.