We NEED a ban for Disconnecting
We need need NEED some sort of penalty or ban for disconnecting. I have never seen such a piss poor community more than I have this game. I play red ranks as both survivor and killer and I wish I was kidding but i played 4 games in a row as killer last night and someone had disconnected in ever single match I had played. And just now I played 6 games in a row as survivor and someone has disconnected on all 6 games I just played.
Why even play the game if you're just going to quit? I really don't get it. They need to add a ban or SOMETHING. Simply losing 5k-1,500 bloodpoints clearly isn't enough.
Edit: this is an ongoing thing as well, I play this game quite frequently (admittedly more than I should) and 3i find out of every 10 games I play at the very least 2/10 games someone disconnects on me. This isn't just a killer thing either, survivors disconnect way too frequently. It really is ruining this game.
Why even play the game if you're just going to quit? I really don't get it. They need to add a ban or SOMETHING. Simply losing 5k-1,500 bloodpoints clearly isn't enough.
Edit: this is an ongoing thing as well, I play this game quite frequently (admittedly more than I should) and 3i find out of every 10 games I play at the very least 2/10 games someone disconnects on me. This isn't just a killer thing either, survivors disconnect way too frequently. It really is ruining this game.
Comments
I think a time-out penalty would do the trick. Any time a player leaves, they are prohibited from using matchmaking for 15-20 mins.
That will make people think twice about casually leaving a game.
Actually you can get banned by disconnecting, but at the moment it's only available on PC. The devs are trying to implement the system on console.
indeed
Yes if you have an absurd high rate CONSISTENTLY over a big time period.
But if you only ragequit every game you are "tunneled" (i.e. every 4th assuming all survivors are as toxic as you), then you are fine
I'm honestly appalled by the amount of try hard babies on this game lol
but how will i leave a game when i get coldwind on killer?
Yeah but what if they got stuck in an infinite loading screen? Or what if they need to go sort something out irl, or if someone else closes the game to troll them. Too much scenarios where people would DC. This reminds me a lot of a post that @purebalance made about people killing themselves on hook. .-.
I think if you disconnect like 3 times in a day you deserve atleast a 24 hour ban. Plus the devs of this game are pretty responsive, id imagine a quick message explaining the mixup could solve any issue.
Every single round that I am either Huntress or Myers I get a Coldwind map and I’m sick of it
Going back to the original post, we do punish excessive disconnecting on PC currently and will be doing the same on consoles as soon as we are able to. We are currently in the process of extending our ban system to the console versions of the game and hope to have them available soon.
I'm not sure it's not an issue with their matchmaking. I've gotten DC'd at match load an absurd amount during the past two weeks.
All of these circumstances are literally things I have bore witness to. These are things that need to be punished. Yes it sucks for the person who's internet goes down, but we live in a world where it's come to the point that we must enforce the idea of, "This is why we can't have nice things."
Better solution for DC issue:
Just. Leave the survivor in the game. They stand still, and the crows start circling. The survivor can't start a new game till they die, and they can rejoin to keep playing at any time.
Same with the killer. They're just. There. Let the survivors farm BP off them. Let killers farm DC'd survivors. Just remove the incentive for DCing. Then, if they need to quit for real life issues, no penalty. This way, the killer isn't penalized by less BP earnings for them quitting.
One one side I agree with that, on the other side sometimes I have poor connection and lose it and it disconnects me without my fault.
@ba_tetsuo That's a good idea, I could deal with that even if I would be dc'ed by bad connection.
As a survivor most of the time I get Autohaven Wreckers
.
The quitter bonus is a joke.
You get far more points from actually killing the survivor no to mention it royally ######### over the remaining survivors.
after dedicated servers maybe but until then no since half the time i disconnect because of a bad ping when it was CLEARLY GREEN IN THE LOBBY
what he said
Directed by Quentin Tarantino
I think this would be one of the better solutions, but it can't be implemented until the dedicated servers are put in place. If the killer disconnects, the server for the game is gone and the game has to end as of now. While survivors could be left as afk points, it would be highly problematic to force them back into an unfinished game without dedicated servers.
As a PC player I can tell you that no PC player is scared to DC; the current system is a joke
All 4 survivors DC, you get 2,5k YES 2500 BLOODPOINTS for compensation AND lose ALL addons + the offering
My point still holds, one of your fogstreamer used to derank by DCing (still does it? not sure) and has not received a bann till today afaik.
The other survivors should also get a quitter bonus. Paid for by the quitter.
Inbe4 "Omg i just had a bad connection that made me disconnect from every game that night, this is not fair"
yea they going to fix that that only happen for the wraith?
I hove BHVR can add some sort of penalty to casually dcing, or dcing when something doesn't go your way, its utterly annoying when you club a team, and people dc. Today, with myers I put an Ivory Mori (green offering), and moment I down a david, he dced. Basically as usual when its a 2vs 1 game, I'll just farm, but its really not fair as I lost my last tombstone piece and wasted a mori. With the hag, survivors were potatoes, and they kept bum rushing the hooks, slugged em as they kept downing themselves and then dc right before I can hook all of them. They then proceed to complain about lag even thou it was green ping. Including the requirements to pip for killer made me depip due to dcs and the fact they kept getting downed. DCing not only screws over the killer but also the survivors, where survivors have a harder time trying to survive with 2 people out, and the killer just loses his bloodpoints, add ons, and offerings.
A fair solution imo would be giving either a 20 or 30 minutes penalty where you can't enter a game, unless you have a legitmate reason to dc, like making tea, or have to good somehow, then its fair, but please stop screwing over killers and survivors. I'm beginning to regret buying myers due to the amount of dcs I get playing him.
There is no way a ban on disconnecting can be enforced in the current state of the game.. Killers bodyblocking stairs, infinite loading screens, stuck in place bugs, OP Addons, SWF bullies, 1,2,3 Man games(which are surprisingly common and unbalanced/unfun), Nurse, other random bugs, Hardcore tunneling(boring), Camping (boring), Toxic survivors, Legion snooze fests, etc etc etc etc.
Some dbd matches are either bug filled or #########.
There should be no punishment for dcing at least under 40% until most of this is resolved or had some vast improvements.
All IMO of course.