Upcoming Michapter
We received camping solution, we received SM rework - that's good. That's all we got. Am I wrong?
Midchapter should give to us more balancing changes, right?
We got 2 changes to perks. Are these changed matter at all? No. Am I wrong?
We got some Killer tweaks.
Trapper - good. But it will not change his position at all.
Deatshlinger - we will save some seconds in a match, because of faster reaload... Eh... Great?
Addons changes for Deathslinger? Noone will use them still...
Borgo Rework / Changes? We have Garden Of Joy / Swamps? These maps need a rework...
Leatherface also will receive a nerf about his camping potential - don't get me wrong - that's good, okay?
But this Killer has zero mobility and his trump card is his Chase Power. The problem is... his Chase Power got shadow nerfed 2/3 years ago when Twins came out and his movement speed is much weaker than before - his acceleration I mean... I made a lot of posts about it, but still no effect...
Bubba should get a buff to his Chase Power in movement speed or just fix his acceleration...
Comments
SM Rework + Anti-Camp Mechanic + Some small changes for some killers
That's good enough for mid-chapter i think. Reworking killer takes a lot job, it's not easy thing to do. And they are adding completely new mechanic into game.
So both of them probably took a lot effort. They are not simple number changes.
I am not sure about that SM rework, have to wait and see before saying "wow so nice".
Basically they removed the only good thing about her (regardless of whether or not it was fun for anyone) and the "chase buff" they gave her isn't good, because you have to hit them with 3 drones before you get the benefit. So have fun not doing anything to survivors for 30 seconds in a chase.
Honestly - they can add "simple number changes" to a lot of addons and it would make a lot of people happy.
It's not enough for Midchapter in my opinion.
I'm worried as well. They changed this Killer before and it didn't help at all.
It feels fine overall and does address some of the main complaints by the playerbase.
In particular, Trapper and Skull Merchant got nice balances which should make Trapper feel a bit better and Skull Merchant more tactical. The Borgo map change is nice, I like the variations on existing maps and some of the tweaks are also good.
My main gripe is they saod they were changing a "handful" of perks, yet procede to mention just 2. That's not a handful and, considering one change was a near indifferent change to Furtive Chase, it is a little deflating.
However, other than that it's an interesting gathering of nice alterations, so fair play!
I want more from BHVR. This game has a massive potential, but with this condition this game will die soon.
I'm not entirely sure about sm rework. I do like that they buffed the stealth aspect and with 8 seconds of undetectable after drone deploy, you could just throw on whispers and play her like pig where you activate it as soon as you get a ping.
The 2 scouting modes feel pointless. My question is why would you use scouting mode over stealth mode? I get the lasers move faster but all they have to do is stand still to avoid it. Why not just use stealth and make them invisible so they can't anticipate it?
No it wont.
It’s not the biggest update but I’m not complaining about it. Not sure why they’re changing MacMillan and the perk buffs do next to nothing but other than that I would say it’s a good update. SM looks like she’ll definitely be better.
I swear I only ever encounter godmode Booba, as his ability to down survivors without even using M1 seems insane. But I also never encounter hook camping Booba, so maybe I just live in a different universe.
You know DbD is not exactly a little known indie title, right?
same drone can hit them 3 times. seems you can use them to force a survivor to either stay at a loop and get exposed, or leave a loop and get insta-downed
The exposed effect is gone.
oh that is stupid, i didn't fully read the changes
...reading the alternative, i don't think that's horrible, the drone still forces survivors to leave a strong loop and get hit or stay at the loop and still lose a health state, but i think it does seem disappointingly weak
I don't think they do anything to stationary survivors either. So if you are on a gen, it won't pick you up.
Furtive chase would be an A tier perk if they just removed the be in a chase requirement.
Increasing the terror radius reduction perk token doesn’t change much because the only way to get value from it is to chase someone and catch someone else off guard.
Good. That extreme gen pressure part of her kit is bad and should be removed. I just think the rest of the update goes a bit too far in nerfing her other gameplay elements
Who knows, the new version might be fun. It's hard to tell atm.
i don't know about that. assuming add-on are something like, upon deploying a drone, gain x effects for 15 seconds. she won't be weak at the chase.
Yeah, fingers crossed she's fun. I've been wrong plenty of times in estimating power levels
dont tell me that i dont want this game to die
The mid chapter is ok, defo should have been more perk changes tho and deathslinger numbers are very safe, reloading 0.15 seconds quicker isn’t gonna make much difference.