Be a good survivor and punish Locker Exploiters

https://youtu.be/NuEFqHJfrdU?si=WVHFNYy1bpQqA9ah

Like shown in the video by properly entering the locker you will forcefully push the loser outside leaving them vulnerable to the killer, where they will rightfully get killed and hopefully banned afterwards.

Comments

  • As much as I'd love to do that just for the sake of fair-play, it could be seen as griefing, no? In the end, you're literally and purposefully pushing the other survivor out of the safety, kinda the same kind of scenario when one drops the pallet earlier than the second survivor gets past it, so they get blocked by it and the killer gets a free hit by your action.

    I will play without helping the killer, they aren't gonna expect me to help them.. Unless they'd be naïve. Most of them will tunnel and camp when the situation asks for it, which goes against my own definition of fun, and since I could very easily end up being the tunneled or camped one, I'm not gonna help them out.


    As long as there's no official statement from the developers regarding this exploit to allow players to push those survivors out of the locker's hitbox by entering it without being punished afterwards for „teaming up with the killer“, I will play like usually and won't mind those players.

  • @Neprašheart said:

    As much as I'd love to do that just for the sake of fair-play, it could be seen as griefing, no? In the end, you're literally and purposefully pushing the other survivor out of the safety, kinda the same kind of scenario when one drops the pallet earlier than the second survivor gets past it, so they get blocked by it and the killer gets a free hit by your action.

    I will play without helping the killer, they aren't gonna expect me to help them.. Unless they'd be naïve. Most of them will tunnel and camp when the situation asks for it, which goes against my own definition of fun, and since I could very easily end up being the tunneled or camped one, I'm not gonna help them out.

    As long as there's no official statement from the developers regarding this exploit to allow players to push those survivors out of the locker's hitbox by entering it without being punished afterwards for „teaming up with the killer“, I will play like usually and won't mind those players.

    what are they gonna do, send a video proof to report? i'm sure bhvr would be cool with the "griefing".

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3540609#Comment_3540609

    Nope. But my job is to repair Gens. Not helping the Killer to get a exploiter so that I can be killed next.

    If there's a cheater on your team, does escaping/winning mean anything? I say it doesn't. For me at least, having a cheater in the match invalidates the whole thing, and I want the cheater to pay for their behavior.

    Beyond that, the best way to discourage the exploitation of bugs/cheating is for their peers/teammates on their own side to punish it. This is true in games and in life.

    I'm probably not going to follow a cheater all around the map to force them out every time, but if I see someone doing it, I'll do it every time.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539527#Comment_3539527

    Eh...sabotage a exploiter whos throwing the game and possibly die. Or die because were down a teammate immedately because they put themself in a glitch spot for minutes on end. Its a hard choice.

    I'm not saying I agree but that exploiter is buying time for you to do gens the killer should just leave the exploiter and go for someone else ( obviously invalid bc beams got Killswitched )

  • I'm not opposed to the idea, but would I be putting myself at risk of being reported for working with the killer? Particularly if the exploiter is part of a duo or trio who then all proceed to report me in endgame so it's my word against theirs?

  • @Nazzzak said:

    I'm not opposed to the idea, but would I be putting myself at risk of being reported for working with the killer? Particularly if the exploiter is part of a duo or trio who then all proceed to report me in endgame so it's my word against theirs?

    Well you would likely have vid of it as evidence (As you should when summiting reports) which would make it justifiable since its a cheater.

  • @NerfDHalready said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3540647#Comment_3540647

    what are they gonna do, send a video proof to report? i'm sure bhvr would be cool with the "griefing".

    That, or they're gonna report you, putting you at risk of getting banned.

    If I'm trying to punish cheaters, then I don't wanna be involved within the mess they cause.

    @Zokenay said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3540869#Comment_3540869

    Well you would likely have vid of it as evidence (As you should when summiting reports) which would make it justifiable since its a cheater.

    So.. All of the players would get punished in the end, no? Including you, of course.

    That'd make it fair because rules do apply to everybody, including people who do put themselves on the spot to ensure that those who break them get punished.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539605#Comment_3539605

    Spaghetti code is not the only possible reason for any bug happening, and as you just said you do not have any idea what caused the bug…

    When something (flashlight) is not linked to lockers in any given way (no interaction at all), only spaghetti can explain such a bug.

  • @UnavailableName said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539610#Comment_3539610

    When something (flashlight) is not linked to lockers in any given way (no interaction at all), only spaghetti can explain such a bug.

    isnt it about locomotion shift when activating flashlights and collisions of survivors and lockers as well as interactions (activating flashlights/entering lockers)? Like.. are you sure you have figured out why the bug happened?

    or are you just shouting out ‚spaghetti Code‘ in an attempt to insult the devs for being ‚incompetent‘ or ‚lazy‘ when in fact every code has some degree of ‚spaghetti code‘ to it and you still don’t know if the problems lies herein with this specific bug?

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3540621#Comment_3540621

    I wonder if all these people defending this survivor exploit will feel the same way the next time killers have a major exploit that they abuse.

    What do you think? Lol. Goes both ways.

    This whole topic is fake to me. Most of the community doesn't care about each other but when they need help they sure love to shame people into being "good guys" so they have better time themselves.

    Please stop its embarassing and some can see through your act.

    Also I don't see anyone defending this exploit, people just refuse to go out of their way to help other side when said side hates their guts.

1 2 ›