say goodbye to the xenomorph

survivors are already complaining calling for a nerf since his tail can hit at anytime (the wind up speed is almost the same as nemesis quickly pulling it out and slamming it down or death slinger quickly zooming in and shooting lmao) if they nerf the tail to take longer then itll be easier to fake at a window or pallet and when they DO vault theyll be to the side by the time the tail actually makes it to them (and miss.) this will effectivly kill the xenomorph so might as well say goodbye now

Comments

  • @Bran said:

    Wouldn't put it past bhvr to nerf. We all knew aht happened to Deathslinger

    The only changed he received from PTB to live is him alerting crows when shooting his gun

    The ADS time was a nerf yes, but barely affected his viability as he's still regarded as one of the best chasers

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3529890#Comment_3529890

    The only changed he received from PTB to live is him alerting crows when shooting his gun

    The ADS time was a nerf yes, but barely affected his viability as he's still regarded as one of the best chasers

    Not to mention that the nerf to his ADS speed wasn't unwarranted as just about everyone and their grandmother were pissing & moaning about Deathslinger's original ADS speed right from chapter release and all the way up to the nerf itself.

    It was a regular topic that was subject to complaints on the forum almost daily back then.

  • @I_CAME said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3528849#Comment_3528849

    It's a matter of opinion I suppose. I personally believe it's OP when you consider the kit this killer has. I don't expect killer mains to admit it's too strong considering nobody in this game regardless of which side they play ever admits something they have is OP.

    • Extremely good map mobility
    • Doesn't have to get multiple hits like Nemesis
    • Built in slowdown with survivors having to interact with flamethrowers. These can be made trivial by a good Xeno.

    I don't feel like there being SOME actual consequence to missing your special attack is unreasonable at all. Considering how strong this killer is overall. I expect they will eventually tone down his tail attack slightly. The kill rates Behavior uses will speak for themselves regardless of what I personally believe. He already has one of the highest kill rates based on third party data. This wasn't the case for singularity at all. I can't imagine how high it will go once people learn the finer points of playing this killer.

    Every killer will have extremely high killrates literally the first few weeks of their release because people will have to learn how to play against it on top of the number of people playing the killer having not reached an extremely high saturation point to where the people who aren't getting kills starts to really affect the data. The only time this doesn't happen is if a killer is functionally unable to be used properly.

    Basing things off killrates is so dumb when it's probably the least reliable stat in the game just by the very nature of how people even interact with DBD.

  • soooo what did I say XD hasnt been two patches and he got brought down from 2.0 to 1.2. If 1.2 wasnt good in the ptb why not change it from 2.0 to 1.5 or somthing instead of 1.2 again lol. It didn't ruin the xenomorph, but I now just feel like I cant go for cool shots because ill be punished so bad

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    soooo what did I say XD hasnt been two patches and he got brought down from 2.0 to 1.2. If 1.2 wasnt good in the ptb why not change it from 2.0 to 1.5 or somthing instead of 1.2 again lol. It didn't ruin the xenomorph, but I now just feel like I cant go for cool shots because ill be punished so bad

    Oh no, missing hits is now actually punishing me.

    Why BHVR, why you did this to me

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3541893#Comment_3541893

    Oh no, missing hits is now actually punishing me.

    Why BHVR, why you did this to me

    "punishing" hes slowed down so much youll have the same exact result from just standing still.

  • Already finished earning the money.

  • This is why you always wait for two weeks before considering buying a new killer/chapter.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3541893#Comment_3541893

    Oh no, missing hits is now actually punishing me.

    Why BHVR, why you did this to me

    Again....

    This killers power can be disabled completely.

    I'm fine with this nerf, but any further nerf would be too much in my opinion.

    The power needs to stay very strong to justify the turrets existence.

  • There's no reason to pick this killer anymore. Well done. Even Singularity who got thrown into oblivion by the community already is in a better spot than this killer because at least you can reliably use the blob pod power as anti-loop tool. Xeno's tail is now either disabled thanks to turrets or gives survivors sufficient distance to run away to another loop or nearest turret and waste even more time in chase. He's now an M1 killer with worse version of Nemesis whip. If you want to crawl like a worm 24/7 in tunnels and hope you are playing against blind or deaf survivors - pick Xeno. For everything else, Nemesis or Demogorgon can do the job pretty well.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3541897#Comment_3541897

    Again....

    This killers power can be disabled completely.

    I'm fine with this nerf, but any further nerf would be too much in my opinion.

    The power needs to stay very strong to justify the turrets existence.

    I did not say nerf him again?

  • @drsoontm said:

    This is why you always wait for two weeks before considering buying a new killer/chapter.

    2 weeks are not enough.

    It's best to wait for the first 3 balance patches that will ''tone'' the killer. I figured that the more popular or flashy the killer concept is, the higher is the chance the said killer will be gutted down once the hype is over and money bag is full. The killer people buy and the one they currently own are two different killers and this trend ain't going to leave anytime soon.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3530107#Comment_3530107

    Knight was only really bad during PTB because of various bugs

    Skull Merchant I agree with

    Singularity is without a doubt the most underrated killer in Dead by Daylights history

    Also saying "they had to hotfix this poor killer in the first week" is as if they've never done this before. Best example probably being Spirit who was not only garbage on PTB, but also when she reached live. She received a plethora of buffs and was considered the 3rd best killer in the game for the longest time (probably a good year) because people kept seeing Billy as the 2nd best, despite obviously not being the case when looking back.

    Another killer worth mentioning is Blight. Majority of people considered him to be garbage on PTB, but once he reached live they fixed a good chunk of his issues and was pretty well received. Despite this they buffed him even further in a later hotfix where he could now break pallets with a Lethal Rush

    I think the problem with singularity is the time when he was released. We had just 2 very bad/unfun killers in a row before and he is also bit of patrolling killer so he was too similar to them. But unlike the other two he has interactive/fun chase power for both sides.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3541897#Comment_3541897

    Again....

    This killers power can be disabled completely.

    I'm fine with this nerf, but any further nerf would be too much in my opinion.

    The power needs to stay very strong to justify the turrets existence.

    I think turrets should be removed now after the nerf or very least there should be lot less. Only thing anyway what they do so well is increase the gap between soloQ and swf because the latter can plan how they use them on loop/gens and keep killer without power.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542046#Comment_3542046

    I think turrets should be removed now after the nerf or very least there should be lot less. Only thing anyway what they do so well is increase the gap between soloQ and swf because the latter can plan how they use them on loop/gens and keep killer without power.

    Sadly, yes. I really hope that we will NOT see another emp-situation.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542074#Comment_3542074

    Sadly, yes. I really hope that we will NOT see another emp-situation.

    Well with singularity it makes sense how he can just camp 3 gen area with the cameras to have counterplay but yeno power is just for chase and very similar to nemesis.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542080#Comment_3542080

    Well with singularity it makes sense how he can just camp 3 gen area with the cameras to have counterplay but yeno power is just for chase and very similar to nemesis.

    I think we in designing a killer we need to take the fun of both sides into consideration. Wesker is a perfect example of this.

    Singularity is more fun for the survivors rather than the killer player I feel. Especially on release.

    Now that Xeno is a slightly bit more fun for killers than survivors it's suddenly a bit problem.

    Why is it a problem? Because it's new.

    Clown is also unfun to verse. Same with Hag, Twins, a blight with good addons and last but not least a decent nurse.

    Why do we not see 5 threats about Victor being uncountable?

    First, because nobody plays them and second, because they are not the new toy.

    Xeno is both new and popular making them the new topic of biased arguing.

    I honestly dislike it.

  • @Green_Sliche said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542037#Comment_3542037

    2 weeks are not enough.

    It's best to wait for the first 3 balance patches that will ''tone'' the killer. I figured that the more popular or flashy the killer concept is, the higher is the chance the said killer will be gutted down once the hype is over and money bag is full. The killer people buy and the one they currently own are two different killers and this trend ain't going to leave anytime soon.

    As far as I remember, quite a few good/promising killers have been slapped after two weeks.

    I think (but don't quote me on this, I've been up for 20 hours) that Oni & Executioner were changed for the worse after two weeks. (Or at least one of them.)

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542152#Comment_3542152

    I think we in designing a killer we need to take the fun of both sides into consideration. Wesker is a perfect example of this.

    Singularity is more fun for the survivors rather than the killer player I feel. Especially on release.

    Now that Xeno is a slightly bit more fun for killers than survivors it's suddenly a bit problem.

    Why is it a problem? Because it's new.

    Clown is also unfun to verse. Same with Hag, Twins, a blight with good addons and last but not least a decent nurse.

    Why do we not see 5 threats about Victor being uncountable?

    First, because nobody plays them and second, because they are not the new toy.

    Xeno is both new and popular making them the new topic of biased arguing.

    I honestly dislike it.

    I think if you're good with singularity then he is more fun for killer player. He is complex and not easy killer to master so not many going to put that time on him but those who do are force to recognice.

    I haven't tried xeno now after the nerf to be honest how much worser she is? And haven't seen her for while people stopped playing her even before the nerf.

    I hate to face the twins good thing they're rare victor is uncounterable but they have so many bugs and need some fixes so any nerf now would be unfair. I hope they change twins to be playable by 2 players they are perfect for that but they would be OP but fun to play with friend.

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3541897#Comment_3541897

    "punishing" hes slowed down so much youll have the same exact result from just standing still.

    good, as it should.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542187#Comment_3542187

    I think if you're good with singularity then he is more fun for killer player. He is complex and not easy killer to master so not many going to put that time on him but those who do are force to recognice.

    I haven't tried xeno now after the nerf to be honest how much worser she is? And haven't seen her for while people stopped playing her even before the nerf.

    I hate to face the twins good thing they're rare victor is uncounterable but they have so many bugs and need some fixes so any nerf now would be unfair. I hope they change twins to be playable by 2 players they are perfect for that but they would be OP but fun to play with friend.

    She works like an M1 killer that survivors don't want to loop. And can be blinded by the turrets.

    They just run away, if their team does Gens, you will likely lose.

    A lot of what I have found to work well while using Xeno comes from the tunnels.

    If Behavior was listening to feedback I'd recommend a rework before release, but they don't so...

  • @Green_Sliche said:

    There's no reason to pick this killer anymore. Well done. Even Singularity who got thrown into oblivion by the community already is in a better spot than this killer because at least you can reliably use the blob pod power as anti-loop tool. Xeno's tail is now either disabled thanks to turrets or gives survivors sufficient distance to run away to another loop or nearest turret and waste even more time in chase. He's now an M1 killer with worse version of Nemesis whip. If you want to crawl like a worm 24/7 in tunnels and hope you are playing against blind or deaf survivors - pick Xeno. For everything else, Nemesis or Demogorgon can do the job pretty well.

    i cant go for cool shots anymore with xeno. that made him feel awesome to play as and I loved it. but now if i even try ill be hit with a punishment like im just standing still mid chsase

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542152#Comment_3542152

    I think we in designing a killer we need to take the fun of both sides into consideration. Wesker is a perfect example of this.

    Singularity is more fun for the survivors rather than the killer player I feel. Especially on release.

    Now that Xeno is a slightly bit more fun for killers than survivors it's suddenly a bit problem.

    Why is it a problem? Because it's new.

    Clown is also unfun to verse. Same with Hag, Twins, a blight with good addons and last but not least a decent nurse.

    Why do we not see 5 threats about Victor being uncountable?

    First, because nobody plays them and second, because they are not the new toy.

    Xeno is both new and popular making them the new topic of biased arguing.

    I honestly dislike it.

    bhvr has gotten too predictable with survivor. when a killer is weak but fun for survivors bhvr doesnt really bother with them that much. but when its fun for killer all hell breaks loose and bhvr will nerf the killer until its actually either fun for survivor or unfun for killer to prevent the killer from being played much against the survivors. if survivors complain about something it will be nerfed sooner or later.

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542187#Comment_3542187

    bhvr has gotten too predictable with survivor. when a killer is weak but fun for survivors bhvr doesnt really bother with them that much. but when its fun for killer all hell breaks loose and bhvr will nerf the killer until its actually either fun for survivor or unfun for killer to prevent the killer from being played much against the survivors. if survivors complain about something it will be nerfed sooner or later.

    Killers that are unfun for killer have the problem that they are played very rarely.

    A good example is Singularity. A killer that is not played much, because his playstyle isn't for most players.

    On top, he had a very troubling start. EMP's where way too strong.

    Then they got nerfed a lot.

    BHVR does change killers if they are unfun for killers.

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542187#Comment_3542187

    bhvr has gotten too predictable with survivor. when a killer is weak but fun for survivors bhvr doesnt really bother with them that much. but when its fun for killer all hell breaks loose and bhvr will nerf the killer until its actually either fun for survivor or unfun for killer to prevent the killer from being played much against the survivors. if survivors complain about something it will be nerfed sooner or later.

    Ghostface, Legion buffed.

    Twins is getting rework because it was not fun for killers, they were clunky.

    Singularity buffed after PTB.

    Nemesis got some buffs for his kit and add-ons.

    Wraith buffed from trash tier to decent tier.

    Sadako reworked because her power did not work so well. And her rework version was weak at PTB, they also buffed her after PTB.


    But ofcourse, survivorside devs bro. They always nerfs killers bro, they don't care about killer players.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542571#Comment_3542571

    Ghostface, Legion buffed.

    Twins is getting rework because it was not fun for killers, they were clunky.

    Singularity buffed after PTB.

    Nemesis got some buffs for his kit and add-ons.

    Wraith buffed from trash tier to decent tier.

    Sadako reworked because her power did not work so well. And her rework version was weak at PTB, they also buffed her after PTB.

    But ofcourse, survivorside devs bro. They always nerfs killers bro, they don't care about killer players.

    Ghostface needed buff, period. His clunky power made him unreliable and often he would be played as M1 killer who can punish clueless players with good addons or do almost nothing because he would get detected out of nowhere and then treated as M1 melee.

    Legion also needed a buff. His power still needs a buff so it continues to work if there are 3 or less players left ( the lethal frenzy hit ).

    Twins need a rework. They hold the least picked killer rating for plenty of reasons.

    Singularity needed buff because he was a complete joke. Even now he can be either a menace or mere annoyance to deal with. It's honestly a fifty-fifty killer.

    Wrath needed a buff. As you said, they pulled him from dumpster and put some clean clothes on him.

    Sadako was reworked because NC said he liked her and stuff so devs figured they could boost sales. While she did need a tweak this one is a pure business move. She is pain to deal with when it's red and couple of green addons being used but without those, I'd debate whenever this new Sadako is any better than old one.

    If you look at these buffs, you'll see that they were introduced after killers reached the rock bottom. First they make killers so bad nobody play them, then they rework them to something remotely decent even though these killers should had been like that from the start.

  • Thread aged perfectly ngl

  • @Green_Sliche said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542614#Comment_3542614

    Ghostface needed buff, period. His clunky power made him unreliable and often he would be played as M1 killer who can punish clueless players with good addons or do almost nothing because he would get detected out of nowhere and then treated as M1 melee.

    Legion also needed a buff. His power still needs a buff so it continues to work if there are 3 or less players left ( the lethal frenzy hit ).

    Twins need a rework. They hold the least picked killer rating for plenty of reasons.

    Singularity needed buff because he was a complete joke. Even now he can be either a menace or mere annoyance to deal with. It's honestly a fifty-fifty killer.

    Wrath needed a buff. As you said, they pulled him from dumpster and put some clean clothes on him.

    Sadako was reworked because NC said he liked her and stuff so devs figured they could boost sales. While she did need a tweak this one is a pure business move. She is pain to deal with when it's red and couple of green addons being used but without those, I'd debate whenever this new Sadako is any better than old one.

    If you look at these buffs, you'll see that they were introduced after killers reached the rock bottom. First they make killers so bad nobody play them, then they rework them to something remotely decent even though these killers should had been like that from the start.

    Did i said anything about they did not need?


    The guy i quoted was talking about devs are being survivorside and ignoring killers. I just pointed they are wrong.

  • @dbdcolonsteamer said:

    Already finished earning the money.

    I genuinely hope future license holders see this before doing business with bhvr

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Thread aged perfectly ngl

    as I've been saying, bhvr is too predictable with survivors.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542639#Comment_3542639

    Did i said anything about they did not need?

    The guy i quoted was talking about devs are being survivorside and ignoring killers. I just pointed they are wrong.

    I merely pointed out that devs first brought those killers to such miserable state before doing them some justice. That also means those killers got attention only because some numbers went too low and not because killers were fun or fair to play at all.

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542187#Comment_3542187

    bhvr has gotten too predictable with survivor. when a killer is weak but fun for survivors bhvr doesnt really bother with them that much. but when its fun for killer all hell breaks loose and bhvr will nerf the killer until its actually either fun for survivor or unfun for killer to prevent the killer from being played much against the survivors. if survivors complain about something it will be nerfed sooner or later.

    I wish I was living your reality where Blight, Nurse and Wesker had gotten nerfed? When does it happen again? 2100?

  • “Why do I only face Wesker and Blight, why doesn’t anyone play other killers :( :( :(“

  • @H2H said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542356#Comment_3542356

    “Why do I only face Wesker and Blight, why doesn’t anyone play other killers :( :( :(“

    wesker is fine? xeno is far from balanced.

  • @JustAnotherNewbie said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542571#Comment_3542571

    I wish I was living your reality where Blight, Nurse and Wesker had gotten nerfed? When does it happen again? 2100?

    they talked about blight being on the list

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542639#Comment_3542639

    Did i said anything about they did not need?

    The guy i quoted was talking about devs are being survivorside and ignoring killers. I just pointed they are wrong.

    Not really as survivors also hated going against those two saying they were boring

  • In the end, every match against any killer besides Nurse and Blight, is decided by the survivors from the start.

    If they do their job and dont waste time or do big mistakes in chase, survivors will always be in the advantage.

    And this fact (in my view) doesnt feel like Horror for me.

  • I'll be here in a few weeks when he still has one of the highest kill rates in the game.

1 2 ›