I am BEGGING Bhvr to put in some kind of kudos system
Edit: yes I'm aware of the thumbs up that does absolutely nothing.
I want to give kudos to players who play the game well, or at least try to, and are not toxic. Why is this STILL not in the game after 7 years?
It doesn't have to be much, it can be made so you can't give kudos to friends or a particular player more than once per week or something, etc, etc. But goddamn, why can I not praise my fellow players???
It would feel good to recognize others for their behavior and to be recognized for mine.
More needs to be done to reduce toxicity and increase positive player engagement. Even if I'm playing survivor and we get wiped out by the killer, it would sting less if I got a couple kudos from teammates or even the killer.
Comments
Do we know for a fact that the thumps up does nothing?
If so, why is it even there?
Any effect would be noticeable if it was a BP bonus or something.
I'm just imagining the sudden shift of overly polite in-game chats for ppl trying to game the system to get a reward. That being said... that beats the toxicity we currently have.
Rewarding good behavior is just as important as punishing bad behavior. If BHVR implemented anything to make it more worthwhile to NOT be terrible to each other, the game's community would improve, at least a little bit.
Yes, I also wish the thumbs up did something. It's been in the game the entire time I've been playing and, to my knowledge, it's literally never actually given anyone anything. Like, why design a UI that's like, "If you want to say something positive, push this button that isn't hooked up to anything?"
Yes! I had a post in the Feedback sub awhile ago for the same thing. Let the thumbs up option give reputation points or something, and let them allow you to gain extra bp or some sort of bonus so people actually want them. 100% it'll help reduce bad sportsmanship. And gives us console players a quick way to let others know we enjoyed playing with them.
Just don't have a thumbs down option. Can only give a thumbs up or nothing, the latter of which is what we have now so nothing will change there. A salty person will just do what they've always done and move on.
Would like to be able to give and receive positive feedback after a game.
The point is to make the thumbs up mean something, as currently it means nothing. Eg. Let players know they've been given a thumbs up, and not just killers but team mates too. Maybe implement reputation points. Who knows.
The Did You Have Fun? option is just feedback for BHVR.
Yes! Even a simple message like "This player enjoyed playing with you!" would be nice. I always go out of my way to appreciate people if they were really fun to go against, skillful, played fair etc. so this would be a really neat feature to have if I can somehow reward that player!
They could work like commendations in ffxiv :) you build up enough points from thumbs ups and can get unique charms/skins and stuff.
I'd like it. Considering how some people psychoanalyze people that give them a good old gg the threads about "Ironic kudos needs to stop! Don't endorse me after you 4k/4e, it clearly secretly means git gud!" would be entertaining too.